Just got my M3100

Guest nuttyphilt

Guest nuttyphilt

Very classing looking phone.

First impressions, faster than my Vario, feels similar in terms of size and weight. Not sure about call quality, just on hold waiting for Orange Activations...

I can confirm it's locked to Orange so can't use my T-Mobile wnw SIM yet, hopefully it won't be long for an unlocking solution.

The important info:

Operator Version: 14.123.1.614

ROM Version: 1.23.61.4

ROM Date: 07/13/06

Radio version: 1.06.00.00

Protocol version: 32.37.7010.01H

Hardware: 400 Mhz processor

Model no: HERM100

Any questions, post them here! I'm out all evening so can't reply until late...

Guest SkUk21
Any questions, post them here! I'm out all evening so can't reply until late...

is it worth the wait? i found the xda mini s very tedious to use, very slow and unreliable. is this any better?

Guest nuttyphilt
OK.

Where are you going?

;)

Dinner with a friend before I move to Australia for 3 months on Saturday. Oh how I'm looking forward to the flight with just my passport for company. :)

Guest nuttyphilt
is it worth the wait? i found the xda mini s very tedious to use, very slow and unreliable. is this any better?

From the brief play around I've had with it it seems a lot snappier. It starts up in about half the time of the Vario.

I'll reserve judgment on the reliability until I've had it for a while

Guest jimbouk
From the brief play around I've had with it it seems a lot snappier. It starts up in about half the time of the Vario.

I'll reserve judgment on the reliability until I've had it for a while

I bet you were planning on putting a few games and movies on your new gadget for the flight down under too!

Guest nuttyphilt
I bet you were planning on putting a few games and movies on your new gadget for the flight down under too!

Indeed I was. Bloody terrorists spoiling my fun :)

Indeed I was. Bloody terrorists spoiling my fun :)

Not bloody kidding. Although I managed a 10.5 hour jaunt to LA without using my M500 *how I don't know*.

Problem would be that you'd get a couple of hours in and then have nowhere to charge the bugger, which would be unbearable. Especially if you didn't have any way of getting your numbers etc back. I sim-unlocked mine the day of my transatlantic flight and locked the sim card. Took me hours to get it back on line, and only then with what numbers I'd scribbled on a bit a of paper. Took nearly a thousand photos with it though so all good! California is niiiiice ;)

Guest Mewcenary

I have got mine as well. Very sexy!

I am currently on the phone to get the phone registered and "turned on", but so far am very impressed. Very responsive, sleek, and ActiveSynced with my PC no worries (with the new software).

I hadn't realised Orange had Indian outsourced their Upgrades registration line...... :)

Guest SkUk21

aaaarggggggghhhhhhh i hate it when i get through to the indian call centre. there is a definite communication issue. they barely understand what you are saying.

Guest nuttyphilt
aaaarggggggghhhhhhh i hate it when i get through to the indian call centre. there is a definite communication issue. they barely understand what you are saying.

Completely agree.

I registered mine, after which calls were going through fine but the data side of things wasn't working. Called back later and it turned out the data hadn't been activated.

Maybe it's just me but I would think it's a fairly safe assumption that this phone will be used for data....

Guest Mewcenary

Has anyone who got their phone today now got service? I phoned up to Register, but the phone isn't active yet, and my old one is still turned on.

Guest jimbouk
Has anyone who got their phone today now got service? I phoned up to Register, but the phone isn't active yet, and my old one is still turned on.

Mine's just arrived and they are quoting a couple of hours before the sim updates run - my old phone is thus still live.

Its nice when the Indian Lady says do you mind if we add Try3g - Free 1000mb a month for three months and 60 minutes of video calling a month to your account for free...

Its nice when the Indian Lady says do you mind if we add Try3g - Free 1000mb a month for three months and 60 minutes of video calling a month to your account for free...

WHAT THE HELL??

Guest jibber

huh?

I'd better get back on the phone!

I never get the Indian call centre..always Newcastle!

(unless it's some indian women doing very good impressions of Geordies :) )

No need to shout :)

A THOUSAND MEG? I'd be shouting if I got that for 12 months (rather unlikely it seems as they won't offer me even ONE free meg).

Guest Pondrew
A THOUSAND MEG? I'd be shouting if I got that for 12 months (rather unlikely it seems as they won't offer me even ONE free meg).

Wouldn't we all! Especially as I doubt modem use is prohibited for that offer...

Just a shame it's only three months and obviously an attempt to get folks addicted to high data use in anticipation of when they start being charged for it...

Guest jimbouk
Wouldn't we all! Especially as I doubt modem use is prohibited for that offer...

Just a shame it's only three months and obviously an attempt to get folks addicted to high data use in anticipation of when they start being charged for it...

Which is when my unlimited data package kicks in... (I HOPE!)

Which is when my unlimited data package kicks in... (I HOPE!)

Which one are you on then? The Panther jobby? OCS and GPRS team were able to tell me nothing about this. They thought I might have confused "