Paul's must have FREE Hermes software

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pd.ryder
File\Folder encryption.

File Barricader Mobile

-Thanks for the Map24 link,as a truck driver i no longer need to carry around a back breaking amount of A to Z's,i can even click on the icons and get the phone number of the shop i'm going to.Brilliant.;)

Map24 is excellent in all respects. However, I do like the 'Locate in Google Maps' addition to my Contacts menu having installed, ahem, Google Maps. GM is rather basic compared with Map24 and WLS but its bloody fast and often all the information offered by Map24 can get a bit overpowering.

Just my 10d's worth.

:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MikeSel

How about GSplayer?

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/

Features

- MP3 playback using the MAD 0.15.0b

- Ogg Vorbis playback

- Wave format playback

- HTTP streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)

- SHOUTcast streaming playback (MP3 / Ogg Vorbis)

- ID3 v1/v1.1 support

- PLS/M3U playlist support

- 10 bands equalizer (MP3 playback only)

- Surround / Bassboost effects

- Reverb / Echo effects

- Skin support

- Hardware button mapping

- Noiseless playback (See decoder tab in options dialog)

- Sleep Timer

- Hold (Lock hardware buttons)

- PocketPC / PocketPC2002 / WM2003 / WM2003SE / WM2005 support

No specific WM5 version but seems to work ok!

• 2 months later...
Guest DraganGlas

Greetings,

That's an interesting list of applications! :rolleyes:

I was wondering, is there a way to download the complete map for a given country from Map24 or any other mapping site to use offline on a mobile/PDA?

I'll be going to South Africa in a couple of months time and thought it would be useful to have the full map(s) for it - I'll be disabling GPRS before I go to ensure I don't get a huge bill!

In fact, it'd be nice if I could put together a complete travel guide for the country - apart from the usual tourist info given on the Map24 maps, I'd like to add field guides for wildlife/birds/plants/etc, emergency contact details/addresses/numbers, etc.

Preferably, as much as possible free info!

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, there's a Micro SD version of Robert's Multimedia Birds Of Southern Africa - it normally comes on a 256MB Micro SD card, but I could also get a 2GB Micro SD card and use the rest for the other information I want to collate.

All suggestions welcome!

Kindest regards,

James

• 1 month later...
Guest Phil37

:) I just want to say that this is a great forum. I am a completely new to this but here goes.

I have a Cingular (AT&T) 8525 phone and have added, among others, the "batti" software. That is where my problem is. It downloaded and installed fine. It works great. But, it keeps a "notification" on my lower toolbar. When I "hide" it, it goes away for about 2 seconds and pops right back.

Any help?

Thanks,

Phil37

• 11 months later...