Paul's must have FREE Hermes software

Guest PaulOBrien

Not really... for what purpose?

I find the power button does everything I need :)

P

I think he means a way of locking the device without disrupting what it is doing.. If you are playing an mp3, and press the power button to lock the phone, then the mp3 stops playing..

Guest stripeycat

Hm, i tried running the Batti battery indicator on my 3100, but no matter how many settings i altered i couldn't get it to stop using my left Soft Key for 'Notification'. Nice graphic in the top bar, but i had to get rid of it to get 'Messaging' back on my Today screen. I would've hoped you could hide it completely but i guess not. :)

Guest MacHooligan

Also looking for a good device lock for my Vario II.

I'm getting sick of my device being woken up in my pocket by incoming SMS, then when I pull it out a bit later there's 10 programs running & loads of numbers have been called etc etc.

Can anyone help? Must be a .cab file.

Guest stripeycat

I'm getting sick of my device being woken up in my pocket by incoming SMS, then when I pull it out a bit later there's 10 programs running & loads of numbers have been called etc etc.

Have a google for 'Devicelock Pocket PC', and go for the header 'Yet another device lock application', which appears on the xda-developers site. There's a decent locking app on there.

Guest MacHooligan
Have a google for 'Devicelock Pocket PC', and go for the header 'Yet another device lock application', which appears on the xda-developers site. There's a decent locking app on there.

Tried that already & the .cab file on that thread seems to be corrupted.

Anyone else? Come on, someone must have a good solution to what must be a very common problem on the Vario II.

Guest touficjohn

Does anyone know of a program that resembles "Scheduled Tasks" in windows. Ie, open a program at $date $time, or switch off or do $function.

Or a program that can automatically switch profiles, from silent to vibrate to $profile according to the time?

Thanks.

Guest ctmagnus
Or a program that can automatically switch profiles, from silent to vibrate to $profile according to the time?

I use phoneAlarm for profiles. I have the phone set to switch to the night profile at 11:30 p.m. every night, and it switches to the work profile whenever there's an appointment on my calendar with the work category.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nskgti

Any chance of getting a RegEdit Cab of that moves the Mail/Attachments to the storage card? I get a lot of mail and don't like it taking up so much space.

Edited by nskgti

Guest Suizid

Could somebody please recommend some good emulators (NES, GBA?, GB/GBA, SNES?, Genesis?, GameGear?) that support the Hermes' landscape mode? I've had mixed results from PocketNesterPlus, as it's hit and miss as to whether it'll go into Landscape. Thanks!

Guest pd.ryder

I eventually managed to register for map24 (the sign-up page kept insisting I was in Spain!).

Well, what a fantastic application :)

After trying to make use of Google Maps for Mobile for months, it's so nice to finally find a mapping solution that 'just works'. And it's so fast, helped along by HSDPA of course.

Brilliant :D

Guest pd.ryder

Hmm, sort of.

Search for a UK postcode and you're empty handed. Search for a local amenety (such as a golf course - they're quite large and we've got 2 on our doorstep :) ) - still empty handed. Plus there's no option to insert pins / favourites / bookmarks (call 'em what you will).

I do like the map presentation and the satelite imaging, but for finding places & things, it's pretty useless.

Map24 on the other hand, finds any UK postcode in a couple of seconds and displays pubs, cafes, museums etc in town and cities without even being asked. Plus you can do most of the faffing about on the PC and 'import' fave's etc into the mobile app with 2 button presses. And I do like the 3D option too. Great for the route mapping.

Ooo - I think I'll live dangerously and use both :D

Edited by pd.ryder

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new lock program OnLockPro, give it a try

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv...-program-5.html

• 4 weeks later...