UPDATED: Developer-Hackers: Win a 2GB memory card of your choice + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest conan_troutman

no offence taken mate

but bluetooth toggle by UKKO Limited is free nad has no splash screen

its just a simple one touch program of course we know where it came from ts in the title the whole point of a toggle is a one button press not press and press again to confirm

but yeah you all know me well enough to say I tell it how it is in the end the choice is yours alone to impliment the changes I advise/request as its my choice to use the software or not

please dont be offended by my brutal honesty but in this day and age people need to be more hionest for peace to work

I dont get pffended by any remarks made about me i just review them objectively and deal with them and to be honest Ifor

pushy lil bastard is how I would call me lol

Guest iforevans
no offence taken mate

but bluetooth toggle by UKKO Limited is free nad has no splash screen

its just a simple one touch program of course we know where it came from ts in the title the whole point of a toggle is a one button press not press and press again to confirm

but yeah you all know me well enough to say I tell it how it is in the end the choice is yours alone to impliment the changes I advise/request as its my choice to use the software or not

please dont be offended by my brutal honesty but in this day and age people need to be more hionest for peace to work

I dont get pffended by any remarks made about me i just review them objectively and deal with them and to be honest Ifor

pushy lil bastard is how I would call me lol

Understood mate. I value your brutal honesty. And, in this case, since I didn't write the software I can sit back and relaxe as you and sp00k (another beta tester of mine) hound someone else :)

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

not to get off topic but if a BT cancellend my internet as requested I am moving to another ISP and b work didn't cancel my holidays you wouldn't be getting this hassle for at least another 12 days lol

and tobe fair I did see if I could disable it in the registry before complianing

man i love to moan

Type 1 NOT work on M600 (HTC Prophet) with Dopod rom ver 2.15.13.27

;)

Edit:

It works now. Thank you guys.

I made some changes in the registry with some keys what the program use, before I install the program, and that was the problem. I write back the keys and after that the program works really fine! :)

Edited by kremo

Guest Malatesta

Just FYI:

Neither 1 nor type 2 work fully on the HTC Apache/6700:

Type 2 does disable the LEDs but only when the device is fully powered on.

When in standby, they come back on and actually blink slightly faster and the service LED is yellow instead of the normal green (yellow only for messaging, alarms, etc.).

If the device is plugged in, it rapidly blinks yellow with a red every 3 or 4th blink.

At least the vibrate works though...

Guest migsoft_dev

Hi,

Attached new v1.5 of TYPE 1, please test this one. Should fix battery prob on your phone!

Best Regards

VERSION 1 works okay on C600 but it emptied my battery in 5 hours !!!

LED_v1.exe

Guest niacin65
Hi,

Attached new v1.5 of TYPE 1, please test this one. Should fix battery prob on your phone!

Best Regards

The new version 1.5 works great on my Cingular 2125 with QTEK 8310 rom. NOTE, it does not turn off the bluetooth led. Thanks.

Edited by niacin65

VERSION 1 works okay on C600 but it emptied my battery in 5 hours !!!
Identical Version 1 software...

C600: standard ROM, standard battery, showing 4 bars. Started LED Off at 02:33am.

Over 8 hours later at 11:08am, battery indicator shows 2 bars.

So... Unless you run processor-intensive apps in the background, or are in the habit of hibernating for 16 hour-plus stretches, there shouldn't be a problem! :)

Sp00k...

Guest migsoft_dev

v1.5 type 1 test results on Qtek8010 with i-mate ROM. After 9 hours battry still full , and LED still off :) + BlueTooth LED is also OFF. Probubly the reason why BlueTooth LED off did not work on 8310 is because it hase separate led for BT and 8010 (c500) hase one led for all.

Best Regards

[edit1] After 12 hours battery still full and signal LED is off.

The new version 1.5 works great on my Cingular 2125 with QTEK 8310 rom. NOTE, it does not turn off the bluetooth led. Thanks.
Edited by migsoft_dev

Guest DennisvandePut

Version 2 is working on the hurricane (orange C550) and with the Imate Jam (orange M500). Finally no more flashing lights in my bedroom :D

Guest floordust

When using the "LightsOut___Universal___Hermes.CAB" the vibrator on my HTC TyTN stop to work. When uninstalling the CAB file the vibrator works perfect again. Anybody know why??

Guest jefflrib
Hi,

Best Regards

Hi

On my Dopod S300 (aka Qtek 8500) type 1 worked but even with the 1.5 version the battery had an unusual waste of charge. I will try it again and see what happens.

Guest louisw

I am slightly confused.

1. Is there a way to toggle the led on or off. I installed the CAB in the first post. The LED are now off.

2. However, when charging the LED is on. Is there a way to turn that off?

Guest Acutidens

Would be nice if you could have an ini file for users to configure the tool (e.g. select in the initialization file multiple leds to turn off)

Also tested TYPE 2 (TYPE 1 did not turn off the led) in Qtek S200 (HTC Prophet - 3 leds - OMAP). Issues:

- Eats up the battery

- Conflicts with OMAPclock+Smartskey (OMAPclock overclocks the processor and Smartskey makes sure OMAPclock runs after standby)

- Turned off the GSM network light but then the notification light was blinking for no reason :D

Nice to see somenoe try fixing those annoying blinking lights though (you know Captain James Kirk went crazy)

Edited by Acutidens

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Acutidens

I don't know if I am missing something but with some search I found that it can be done through simple dll calls documented in msdn.

In the following zip file I included what I found.

Just place the LedTestPPC.exe along with the OpenNETCF.Notification.dll file in a folder in your ppc and you can control the amber notification led. I think the same thing can be done with the other leds (bluetooth and network).

I also found an article (in the pdf file) that outlines the code for this.

I would do it myself but don't have a clue about the WM SDK plus the WM Developer Resource Kit trial download is 800Mb

NotificationLeds.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asdfzxcv

Where is version 1.5? I ran into the same battery drain issue on v1. But I couldn't find that the 1.5 version that's supposedly attached... Where can I get the version 1.5?

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.