bluetooth stereo headphones/headset

Guest Wozbacca

Guest daddyo

With regards the adapter, I ordered form ebay, a supplier from hong kong! only a few quid so worth a try! I don't think i'll be using it as the itech is just about up to scratch as far as I am concerned.

just tried the "core pocket" media player as an alternative to windows pockt media player (it includes a graphic equaliser and a load of other options) - nice bit of software and in terms of sound quality i'm now happy with the itech. This software helps a little with regards the equaliser and a bit of bass boost. I still think there is a little distortion but its pretty much there in terms of quality. I'm sure someone will come along trying some classical music and slate the itech but i'm happy with it!

Cheers

Edited by daddyo

Guest jimbouk

Has anyone tried the following hack to "improve" a2dp audio?

[HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings]

Add new dword, Value name=BitPool; Value data=48 (Decimal)

Modify, Value name=UseJointStereo; Value data=0 (Decimal, Originally 1)

For BitPool:

Microsoft suggests the following bitpool values for optimal buffer sizes.

30 - Low audio quality

40 - Medium audio quality

48 - High audio quality

58 - Excellent audio quality

Chose one you like. I think 48 is good enough.

For UseJointStereo: use 0 instead of 1, then you got the real stereo.

Guest steveA
I have the Jabra BT620s, and it works real nice, but not with the TyTN i had.

I when I get a new set it will be the one that BengalBoy tested...looks awesome. Expansys have them for about

Guest AFK_Matrix

Hi,

First post here been reading a few posts and had a quick question.

I have been looking for a bluetooth headset for my new Vario 2 and so far have found these 2 that I like:

Jabra BT500v or the Motorola H700

Has anyone used these? Basically want a comftable headset with good sound and if possible around the

Guest Syphon Filter

I ordered a set of the sony hbh-ds970 on expansys.

as for problems I was having take a look for my posts n stuff over at xda-developers.

Guest neil81

It's interesting to hear how people are getting on with their bluetooth headphones. I bought a pair of iTech blueband headphones on offer from the Orange shop (it came with the free bluecon 3.5mm jack bluetooth audio transmitter) and while the sound they produce is fairly clean there is notable distortion at higher frequencies. Having tested the headphones with the bluecon bluetooth transmitter and an iPod and also a belkin USB adapter on my PC and iTunes I can here a swooshing sound surrounding the shaper percussive sounds (has anyone noticed this on the iTech Clip?). Interestingly this is not the case when playing music through my M3100 using the default settings and is probably down to the fact that the default settings apply more compression to the sound. Having tried tweaking the M3100's audio quality settings I've noticed that the same distortion is present when I try to improve the sound quality and high quality slows the M3100 quite considerably too!

Also has anyone found a utility or way round having to enter the bluetooth settings and set the headphones to "bluetooth stereo" everytime they want to use their bluetooth headphones with the M3100?

Neil

Guest hutton
Secondly, when you first pair the device, media player plays through the headset ok. If you then go out of range, when you return the headset re-pairs ok for the phone but the media player doesn't and it plays through the loudspeaker. You have to enter BT settings and recheck the stereo music option to have the sound through the headset again. Do you experience this?

Did you get anywhere with this problem???

My M500 handled this a lot better, when the BT adapter was out of range it never resorted to playing music through the loudspeaker.

Edited by hutton

It's interesting to hear how people are getting on with their bluetooth headphones. I bought a pair of iTech blueband headphones on offer from the Orange shop (it came with the free bluecon 3.5mm jack bluetooth audio transmitter) and while the sound they produce is fairly clean there is notable distortion at higher frequencies. Having tested the headphones with the bluecon bluetooth transmitter and an iPod and also a belkin USB adapter on my PC and iTunes I can here a swooshing sound surrounding the shaper percussive sounds (has anyone noticed this on the iTech Clip?). Interestingly this is not the case when playing music through my M3100 using the default settings and is probably down to the fact that the default settings apply more compression to the sound. Having tried tweaking the M3100's audio quality settings I've noticed that the same distortion is present when I try to improve the sound quality and high quality slows the M3100 quite considerably too!

Also has anyone found a utility or way round having to enter the bluetooth settings and set the headphones to "bluetooth stereo" everytime they want to use their bluetooth headphones with the M3100?

Neil

Neil,

I just bought a set of these and didn't have any problems with disstortion, slthough I must admit the range isn't what i expected. Howver, they work fine with both mobiles, my laptop and PDA. Also I didn't notice this anywhere but they have a built in mic, so you can use them as a headset with the phone and with MSN/Skype etc... THey weigh in at 67g and don't feel like they are going to snap, unlike the HP/Logitech ones. For

Guest Freddan101

Hi!

I'm thinking about buying the TyTN and will use it as my primary MP3 player. I'm used to be able to use my 3,5 mm headphones but now I guess I will have to rely on Bluetooth headphones. I'm a bit concerned that the battery time will not be enough. Anybody has experience of this? How much power will A2DP consume?

/Fred

Guest holgmaster
Hi!

I'm thinking about buying the TyTN and will use it as my primary MP3 player. I'm used to be able to use my 3,5 mm headphones but now I guess I will have to rely on Bluetooth headphones. I'm a bit concerned that the battery time will not be enough. Anybody has experience of this? How much power will A2DP consume?

/Fred

hi fred

i was in the same boat. i received the HBH ds970 from SE this morning and paired it to the tytn. works like a charm and sound is impressive. so far, i have been listening for almost 4 hours and the headset shows 1/3rd left. the sound is really cool and so far the best bluetooth headsets, i have heard.

ordered them for 67 incl delivery from blueunplugged.com and they shipped within a day. vodafone wants 70 quid for those. cheapest price i could find.

hope that helps.

Guest Freddan101
hi fred

i was in the same boat. i received the HBH ds970 from SE this morning and paired it to the tytn. works like a charm and sound is impressive. so far, i have been listening for almost 4 hours and the headset shows 1/3rd left. the sound is really cool and so far the best bluetooth headsets, i have heard.

ordered them for 67 incl delivery from blueunplugged.com and they shipped within a day. vodafone wants 70 quid for those. cheapest price i could find.

hope that helps.

Hi Holg and thanks for your fast reply!

How does the battery consumption look on the TyTN if you're not on AC?

/Fred

Guest holgmaster
Hi Holg and thanks for your fast reply!

How does the battery consumption look on the TyTN if you're not on AC?

/Fred

well, the battery indicator is a bit of a myst to me. fully charged, it stops at 90%, even batti indicator doesn't report anything else or different from that.

well, it is down to 70% now after 4 hours. so i assume you get about 8-10 hours out of it, maybe 2 charges of the ds970.

but i also have 3G running with push email in the background.

Guest Dr Who
well, the battery indicator is a bit of a myst to me. fully charged, it stops at 90%, even batti indicator doesn't report anything else or different from that.

well, it is down to 70% now after 4 hours. so i assume you get about 8-10 hours out of it, maybe 2 charges of the ds970.

but i also have 3G running with push email in the background.

What happens to the sound if your switch on the wifi at the same time holgmaster?

Guest AndrewH13
Hi!

/Fred

Use your 3.5mm headphones AND stereo blutooth. Just bought from Orange shop the Itech Clip S35 Stereo Bluetooth adapter reduced

Guest Freddan101

Thanks for your replies guys!

Holgmaster: Sounds strange that the battery meter stops at 90%. Anybode else having this problem? Though, 4 hours and 70% sounds pretty good to me! If I use my K700 with a bluetooth hansfree I'm out of battery in an hour. It would be interesting, as Dr Who said, to know how WiFi affects sounds quality and battery.

As HBH ds970 is an Ericsson device I guess it won't support caller id together with TyTN? I like the multipoint faeture as I will have both my work cell and (to be?) TyTN on standby. Only thing is then that I can't switch the headphones for my old ones.

Andrew: As I understand the Itech Clip S35 has both a mic and vibrator? If that's the case it would be very nice! Does it support multipoint?

How's your experience with the battery time with A2DP, 3G, Wifi, etc.?

/Fred

@swins and any other Itech S35 clip owner

On the itech S35 clip i saw that and thought hmm does not look to good but after reading some posts here i might change my mind.

Does it work on things like skype as well or is it just sounds and media player. does it work with TCPMP and other players too? Cos my normal Non stereo nokia bluetooth headset DOES NOT work on skype. (any ideas how to enable this would be most appreciated. Ive tried BTaudio.zip and toggling the sound like mentioned but no it still does not work on skype)

Also have you tried the changing the quality of A2DP registry thing and does that make a difference or crackling etc etc. Does the phone slow down a lot when using A2DP??

Sorry about all the questions

JEREMY

Edited by Guest

Guest ruebenad

Hi People

Newbie Question.

I just bought some bluetooth headphones by creative (headphones here)

I own the Orange SPV M3100. The handset can see the sterio bluetooth but keeps asking for a passkey that I don't know. When I tell it the passkey is (nothing) it accepts but my music still comes out the handset speaker and not the h-phones.

What am i missing?

Note: I am not using the 3.5 creative bluetooth transmitter for obvious reasons.

Help

Cheers r

Guest themitch

Neil

Has anyone solved this yet ... seems like a huge bug and it's going to get very annoying very quickly! Well, at least for me anyway...

Guest cedmondson

I came across an interesting looking Sony BT headset at Dixons in the Eurotunnel terminal yesterday. Model No. is DR-BT30Q, but googling for that reference hasn't brought up much. Dixons wanted

Guest jubbbird

Ive looked around for the best, most conveniant BT stereo headset, and the most positive information seems to point in the direction of Sonorix - "OHB-0100" and "OBH-0110", depending on what tech you want. They are usually compated to Anycom and Motorola ??820, etc. with a few mentions of those Jabra ones.

Has anyone come across these Sonorix ones? The 0100 has built in 128mb flash memory to play music standalone, but apparently doesnt support A2DP which is a little pointless now. The 0110 DOESNT have onboard memory, but is A2DP etc. and apparently performs reasonably although not as high quality as the all-rounder but quite large Motorola offering. Both are behind-the-head sets and fold in half for easy carriage too...

Guest s_l_priestley
I ordered a set of the sony hbh-ds970 on expansys.

as for problems I was having take a look for my posts n stuff over at xda-developers.

Hi,

I bought the HBH ds970s, but I am having problems with skipping, this happens every 40-50seconds. I've tried the registry tweaks, turning off phone and wifi, tried several media players and even reducing the bit rate - any one had success with these and their Vario 2s? :D Works fine with laptop and BT USB dongle.

Cheers.

Guest ringblom
Hi,

I bought the HBH ds970s, but I am having problems with skipping, this happens every 40-50seconds. I've tried the registry tweaks, turning off phone and wifi, tried several media players and even reducing the bit rate - any one had success with these and their Vario 2s? :D Works fine with laptop and BT USB dongle.

Cheers.

I have the same problem with my Hermes and the HBH DS970.

Cheers.

Jan

Guest ringblom
hi fred

hope that helps.

Why doesn