Simultaneous Bluetooth devices

Guest daddyo

Guest daddyo

I've just had a horrible thought - I'm assuming it's possible to have two BT devices connected at any one time??

For example, I have been using a BT GPS receiver with TomTom and memory map on my M3100 all week without a hitch.

When a good stereo BT headset comes out I intend to use this also whilst on the move in the car.

Pleae tell me this isn't a problem i.e. I can receive calls on the BT headset when using satnav.

Guest mavisdavis
I've just had a horrible thought - I'm assuming it's possible to have two BT devices connected at any one time??

For example, I have been using a BT GPS receiver with TomTom and memory map on my M3100 all week without a hitch.

When a good stereo BT headset comes out I intend to use this also whilst on the move in the car.

Pleae tell me this isn't a problem i.e. I can receive calls on the BT headset when using satnav.

Yep you'll have no problem at all dude. I use my gps and plantronics with no probs ;-)

Guest Markee

Yep, I'll second that.

I use my M3100 with Tom Tom and Bluetooth GPS, along with Bluetooth handsfree built into my Audi.

The incoming call window pops up over the moving map display.

Mark

Guest daddyo

Thanks guys - had a bit of a moment there!

I suppose its obvious but nice to know you are doing exactly what I will be doing when I get a headset.

on a similar note I'm on the lookout for a stereo BT headset with a 3.5mm jack so I can connect my Aux line from my car stereo into the headset. The BT receiver therefore must have a microphone on it to allow it to be used in this way i.e. handsfree.

This sony ericsson headset http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=131639 would be perfect if you could detatch the ear buds and plug in the aux line - but you cant!

The HTC headset http://www.europe.htc.com/products/accessories.html soon to be released may suit my needs but i'm not sure as I do not have full details on this unit. It looks like you plug in a headset into the bluetooth receiver which means the mic will be on the BT receiver and hence will not work with my proposed set up!

Is anybody aware of a product that will suit my needs?