Brodit for Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bryson

Hi,

Ill try my best to advise both queries, jonhitch & ree:

Brodit offer codes 971690 (closed upright PDA mode) & 971691 (Landscape with open keyboard) Molex Holders for the TyTn etc, that allow you to hardwire the holders to your cars power supply, and hide the cables away.

The other advantage of the Molex holders is that with the applicable Molex Adadpter Leads, you can also power your GPS receiver from the holders power, again removing the need for additional cig lighter chargers/sockets in the car, all the cables will be neatly hidden away.

The molex holders cables are about 1 meter long, which allows plenty of scope for hiding the cables away, and also allow you to stash your GPS receiver in a glovebox etc (if it is powerful enough to fix sats though without line of sight -usually SIRFIII minimum)

here is the link to the HTC TyTn Molex Holders:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/hold...odit-Holder.asp

And here is the link to the Molex adapter leads that power your GPS:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/brod...lexadapters.asp

Finally - Dont forget, as with all Brodit holders, they are designed to be fitted onto a vehicle specific Proclip Dashboard Mount, you can choose yours from the TyTn page, or click here:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/Brodit%20Proclip.asp

I hope that helps you decide, please drop me a line if you need any further advice ok,

Many Thanks again,

Bryson

Guest RossDargan
Hi Paul,

great photos and thanks for the information. Have you looked at the 'active' ones which are hardwired into the car. I have an Audi A4 and I was wondering how long the connecting cable was on the uni and whether it would get in the way of any of my buttons and coin holder in the car.

Experience & or photos would be great

Thanks - Jon

Hi - I bought one of the active Broadit ones and the cable will be more than long enough for your car unless you are doing it in a funny way! - you will probably need a 1.5amp fuse + holder as it doesn

Guest jonhitch

Thanks for your comments - how big is the connection at the bottom of the unit? The 'inflexible bit' - 1/2cm? As it's a moulded and fixed lead I wouldn't want it to get in the way of anything under the proclip.

Photos would be fantastic if possible! Thanks again - jon

Hi - I bought one of the active Broadit ones and the cable will be more than long enough for your car unless you are doing it in a funny way! - you will probably need a 1.5amp fuse + holder as it doesn

Hi does the brodit also come with a window suction add on to the cradle or it can only be mounted via the proclip.

Just think when I sometimes may need to take it in a friends car

Hi does the brodit also come with a window suction add on to the cradle or it can only be mounted via the proclip.

Just think when I sometimes may need to take it in a friends car

Hi, you can use a windsreen mount with Brodit holders, and/or also a Proclip - if you use the Moveclip system to transfer between the two mounts with just 1 holder, i.e. x1 proclip in your main car, fitted with a moveclip female part,and your brodit holder with a male moveclip part, and then the 2nd female part fitted to the windscreen mount for those times you need to hot swap, its a safe secure solution, here is the link to the windscrren mounts if you are interested:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/suctionDSL.asp

Here is a link to the Moveclip system (3 parts inc., 2 female, 1 male)

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/minimoveclipsDSL.asp

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more help ok,

Thanks, Bryson

Hi, you can use a windsreen mount with Brodit holders, and/or also a Proclip - if you use the Moveclip system to transfer between the two mounts with just 1 holder, i.e. x1 proclip in your main car, fitted with a moveclip female part,and your brodit holder with a male moveclip part, and then the 2nd female part fitted to the windscreen mount for those times you need to hot swap, its a safe secure solution, here is the link to the windscrren mounts if you are interested:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/suctionDSL.asp

Here is a link to the Moveclip system (3 parts inc., 2 female, 1 male)

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/minimoveclipsDSL.asp

Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more help ok,

Thanks, Bryson

Thank for the reply does this mean that I have to have a proclip in order to use the windscreen mount ?

Thank for the reply does this mean that I have to have a proclip in order to use the windscreen mount ?

Hi,

No, you can get just a windscreen mount with a Brodit holder attached onto it of course, and transfer that between vehicles at your leisure

Hope that helps!

Thanks again,

Bryson

Guest Paul (MVP)

I use the move clip and it's bloody brilliant :rolleyes:

Allows me to move my clips between 2 cars and desk stand, and makes it nice and easy when I get new devices :(

P

Do you need a professional fitter to fit one of the hardwired mounts to your car?

Thanks

Blakey

Hi,

I always advise, if you are not comfotable removing your radio and do not understand the power lines etc in your car, then definaltey get it fitted by a mechanic, its a 20 minute job for a Molex hardwired kit to be powered from behind your stereo console, but do get good advice before tackling yourself ok!

Hope that helps

Bryson!

Hi,

No, you can get just a windscreen mount with a Brodit holder attached onto it of course, and transfer that between vehicles at your leisure

Hope that helps!

Thanks again,

Bryson

Hi there whats the item for the windscreen mount please.....

Guest BoarderMX

Hello!

Today my Brodit ProClip arrived!!

And I'm totally satisfied with the product, really easy to install and pretty safe for the TyTN

Had a great support to buy it, really good service

Here's a pic of how it looks like

DSC01825.jpg

Hello!

Today my Brodit ProClip arrived!!

And I'm totally satisfied with the product, really easy to install and pretty safe for the TyTN

Had a great support to buy it, really good service

Here's a pic of how it looks like

DSC01825.jpg

Hi, Great news, delighted the package arrived safe and well, really pleased that you are happy with the Brodit products, they look great in your car, thanks for letting me know!

Take care, and thanks again,

Bryson

Guest BoarderMX
Hi, Great news, delighted the package arrived safe and well, really pleased that you are happy with the Brodit products, they look great in your car, thanks for letting me know!

Take care, and thanks again,

Bryson

Thanks for the help!!

Take care!

Dopod ROM?

Dopod background :rolleyes:

P

Yep, ROM 1.23.707.1

Is it any good?? Or should I update it??

So how do we add photos to a posting?

Ive tried to link to an image on my web space and on my computer and I get a "dynamic link not allowed" message

Thought we could start a thread with pictures of installs

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

HEY bryson

Ok I want to order my cradle plus the proclip, however I have a rare VW Polo GTi 2000/2001 Model (right hand UK) it came fully loaded as standard and the interior is different from other Polos of that age I just want to make sure I order the correct proclip, I have checked the photos on the site they look slightly different from my dash.

I have include some photos so you can get better idea:

Thank you for your help Bryson

dash1.bmp

dash2.bmp

sorry had to attach the files, I couldnt use image tags it wouldnt work for me.

Edited by ree

HEY bryson

Ok I want to order my cradle plus the proclip, however I have a rare VW Polo GTi 2000/2001 Model (right hand UK) it came fully loaded as standard and the interior is different from other Polos of that age I just want to make sure I order the correct proclip, I have checked the photos on the site they look slightly different from my dash.

I have include some photos so you can get better idea:

Thank you for your help Bryson

dash1.bmp

dash2.bmp

sorry had to attach the files, I couldnt use image tags it wouldnt work for me.

Hi, Yeah your dash is certainly different from the standard Polo that we list, my best advice for today is hunt around the differnet years for the Polos or other VWs on the site, and see if anything looks like it will fit, but on my quick datatbase check all the other dashboards look different to yours!

Let me know if you have any success, Brodit do their upmost best to cover proclips for as many vehicels as they can, but there is always something not available im afraid yours may be one.

Thanks, let me know if you need any more advice,

Bryson!

• 2 weeks later...

Bryson,

Having seen a friends Brodit mount, I'm about to take the plunge myself. I like the idea of moving the mount between cars, so have a few questions about the Move Clips.

1. What's the difference between the Mini Move Clip (213005) and the Large Move Clip (213006) despite obviously one being bigger than the other?

2. If I'm going to buy a Active Upright mount (968690) for my Vario II, does that dictate which Move Clip to buy or is it dependant on which ProClip you attach it too?

3. Finally, the description says they come with 4 screws. Is this 2 for the mount and 2 for the proclip, or is one half screwed in and the other 'stuck' on? (And if it's stuck on, how good is the glue?)

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hi Lee, glad to help,

1) I recommend that you use Mini Move Clips for PDAs/Phone and the Large Moveclips for heavier devices, Tomtom etc, so you will be fine with the mini moveclips (I think Paul has reviewed them in the past)

2) No, you can order any holder and it doesnt affect your choice of moveclips so go for the mini moveclips for your set up.

3) The Brodit HTC tytn 968690 Holder comes supplied with x4 small screws to fit it directly to the proclip, however yas you ar ebuying the mini moveclips you would fit x1 part of the moveclip to the face of the proclip, and the 2nd part to the back of the holder, using the 3M high adhesive tape, then you simply slide the holder on and off the proclip as required (the 3rd part of the moveclip can then be fitted on another holder or proclip so you can use more than one device onto the proclip or move the tytn holder between cars with a proclip fitted)

Hope that helps you Lee, let me know if you need any more advice ok,

many Thanks

Bryson

Bryson,

Having seen a friends Brodit mount, I'm about to take the plunge myself. I like the idea of moving the mount between cars, so have a few questions about the Move Clips.

1. What's the difference between the Mini Move Clip (213005) and the Large Move Clip (213006) despite obviously one being bigger than the other?

2. If I'm going to buy a Active Upright mount (968690) for my Vario II, does that dictate which Move Clip to buy or is it dependant on which ProClip you attach it too?

3. Finally, the description says they come with 4 screws. Is this 2 for the mount and 2 for the proclip, or is one half screwed in and the other 'stuck' on? (And if it's stuck on, how good is the glue?)

Thanks in advance

Lee