Brodit for Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I ALWAYS use the mini move clips, much better than screwing mounts onto things - invaluable when you get a new device, or want to switch a mount between cars etc., or even with a brodit desk stand!

Highly recommended.

P

Welcome to the Forum!

Brodit do a proclip for a Mitshibushi Galant 1994 for either a Right hand or Left hand drive car. Search these codes at http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/Brodit%20Proclip.asp

652014 RHD ProClip or 852014 LHD Proclip

Whether you could mount your Hama holder onto the proclip is another question, so you might prefer to get a Brodit holder for your Tytn to fix to the proclip as in Pauls images on Page 1 of this thread?

Drop me a line if you need any more assistance,

Many Thanks

Bryson

guys, I have a Hama car holder. it's like this: http://www.hama.de/bilder/00017/abb/00017658abb.jpg

it has with it everything from this picture, except the suction cup. i have problems installing it in my car. it's a galant'94. can you give me some advice.

may be my question sounds stupid, but i don't know what to do

Guest dimushor

the thing is that I don't really have the possibility of getting a brodit holder, because it is not available here,as i live in Moldova. can you guys just suggest me what should i do, what other alternative methods of fixing the holder in may car there are

Edited by dimushor

Im sure you may be able fashion something from your Hama to get it to fit your dashboard (Could you tie wrap it to a vent? - not ideal but it may be ok if no better ideas?) We could look at shipping to you in Moldova, can you use paypal?

the thing is that I don't really have the possibility of getting a brodit holder, because it is not available here,as i live in Moldova. can you guys just suggest me what should i do, what other alternative methods of fixing the holder in may car there are
Edited by bryson

Guest dimushor
Im sure you may be able fashion something from your Hama to get it to fit your dashboard (Could you tie wrap it to a vent? - not ideal but it may be ok if no better ideas?) We could look at shipping to you in Moldova, can you use paypal?

No, I cannot use Paypal. and there is no company which would both receive VISA cards and deliver it to Moldova.

Why not just get someone to ship to Moldova?

P

It's not that easy to find someone to ship it to Moldova. and you guys miss one important thing: I already have a car holder

:)

Edited by dimushor

Guest jonhitch

Hi All,

just wanted to say that I too bought a passive Brodit holder for my Hermes (SPV 3100) a few weeks back. The build quality is fantastic and they really are worth the extra money compared to other manufacturers.

The cheapest supplier I found was actually Morpeth Mobiles (www.morpethmobiles.co.uk) and I was able to get the proclip and holder for £31.94 incl shipping :)

I was initially concerned about screwing the holder onto the clip but that was okay (even if it took about 5 minutes instead of the 5 seconds they suggest!).

Jon

Id like to help, seems you may have to do a bit of engineering to get it to work for you car,

Cheers again

bryson

No, I cannot use Paypal. and there is no company which would both receive VISA cards and deliver it to Moldova.

It's not that easy to find someone to ship it to Moldova. and you guys miss one important thing: I already have a car holder

:)

Guest dimushor
Id like to help, seems you may have to do a bit of engineering to get it to work for you car,

Cheers again

bryson

thank you guys!

this is what I thought I would do: some engineering

Guest markthebaggie

post-3309-1164369402_thumb.jpg

Bryson

I've got a Toyota Previa 2002 model, but the dashboard is different to the one in the pictures on your site. I've tried to attach a photo of mine. Can you confirm that your much praised kit will fit my car? If it doesn't what's your return/swap policy?

Many thanks

markthebaggie

Guest cjgarside

Hi,

Well I've ordered the following items from dsl developments:

+ Item 848690 T-Mobile Vario IIA passive holder (closed).

+ Item 213005 Mini move clips.

+ Item 652667 Ford Focus 2000 ProClip.

Very much looking forward to receiving these items in due course. :) I just hope that they are all in stock!

Must admit I didn't see the reference to morpeth mobiles until it was to late. However, even though they are cheaper I know that the service from dsl developments (based on information in this thread) will be excellent so I would rather pay a little more for that than pay a little less and not know what I'm letting myself into.

Chris.

Hi mark,

Thanks for querying this, ive checked the installation data and indeed this Proclip is the one that you need, code 652831 - i think the image difference is the heater/air con controls on yours are automatic, the images on our site show manual controls, but the shape of the console is the same and therefore the proclip will fit as designed,

Hope that helps, any problems do drop me a note ok,

Thanks again!

Bryson

post-3309-1164369402_thumb.jpg

Bryson

I've got a Toyota Previa 2002 model, but the dashboard is different to the one in the pictures on your site. I've tried to attach a photo of mine. Can you confirm that your much praised kit will fit my car? If it doesn't what's your return/swap policy?

Many thanks

markthebaggie

Guest cjgarside
Hi,

Well I've ordered the following items from dsl developments:

+ Item 848690 T-Mobile Vario IIA passive holder (closed).

+ Item 213005 Mini move clips.

+ Item 652667 Ford Focus 2000 ProClip.

Very much looking forward to receiving these items in due course. :) I just hope that they are all in stock!

Must admit I didn't see the reference to morpeth mobiles until it was to late. However, even though they are cheaper I know that the service from dsl developments (based on information in this thread) will be excellent so I would rather pay a little more for that than pay a little less and not know what I'm letting myself into.

Chris.

Well unfortunately one of the items wasn't in stock (passive holder), however I was impressed as I had an email advising so within a very short time and also after normal working hours - very impressed :D Plus it looks like the stock is due in a couple of days so even taking that into consideration I will get the items really quickly :P

Why why why, can't more businesses be like this??!? I'm not asking for much but it would just be nice to be treated with a little more respect and consideration (I guess) from other businesses when I want to part with my hard earned pennies.

Regards,

Chris