click and hold to switch between silent and normal

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Wozbacca

on the wizard you could hold down the comm manager button and it would go to silent instantly.

is there a similar function that anyone has found on the hermes? its a really genius feature and i miss it

on the wizard you could hold down the comm manager button and it would go to silent instantly.

is there a similar function that anyone has found on the hermes? its a really genius feature and i miss it

A comms manager that goes silent instantly? christ! :D

How do you mean silent exactly?

Guest jimbouk

Result!

If you have SPB Pocket Plus, it adds shedloads of functions that can be assigned to hardware buttons. One of them is [MUTE] and although I thought that would only be the mute function whilst in a call, it also switches the phone to silent mode.

So...as I dont use the voicedial function, my button 5 was sitting there doing nothing - net result, I have assigned [MUTE] to the voice dial button and can now silence my phone with one button press!

(if you do use voicedial, but dont use the record function, you could map the [MUTE] function to Button 5 press and hold option...

How much do you guys love me?

How much do you guys love me?

Not as much as I love your... oh never mind.

Can't you map the same function to the same button that the first chap was on about, or IS that button 5? Still no handset so still no idea about device specifics yet :D

Guest jimbouk

He was on about the Com Mgr button. If you mapped [MUTE] to that you would lose the Com Mgr option (unless its possible to add click and hold fucntionality to that button). The only button with click and hold as an option by default is button 5 (ie the voicedial on click and record on click and hold) neither of which I use.

PS Tell her to get back home - this roast beef isn't going to cook itself!

He was on about the Com Mgr button. If you mapped [MUTE] to that you would lose the Com Mgr option (unless its possible to add click and hold fucntionality to that button). The only button with click and hold as an option by default is button 5 (ie the voicedial on click and record on click and hold) neither of which I use.

I'd assumed that all the buttons had push and hold... Is this not the case then? Weird. Still not seen a WM5 device in action so not too sure yet. Aside, has that button mapping jobby been released for WM5 yet? Would that help? AEButtonPlus was it called or something?? And also, does SPB Pocket Plus not offer some extra button mapping functionality?

PS Tell her to get back home - this roast beef isn't going to cook itself!

Is the cow getting bored? Wait up, I'll ask her myself. *SHAZAM!* :D

Guest jimbouk

SPB adds loads of "shortcut" functions - such as the [MUTE] one I am referring to here, but the assign buttons function only lists 1 thru 6 (and 5 is the only one with two functions). I am happy with the way I now have mine, so will leave it to someone else to investigate whether other buttons can be doubled up.

(Tell her I will be down the pub, the oven is preheating and the kids are locked in the attic)

Guest Wozbacca

thanks for all the comments guys. especially those about roast beef and/or the pub...

on the wizard you could hold in the comm manager button and the phone would turn into silent/vibrate mode. this was with no extra button mapping software or anything.

I used that to easilly change sound level if I'm going into a meeting etc.

there must be some kind of reg edit to make the same happen on the hermes...

thanks for all the comments guys. especially those about roast beef and/or the pub...

on the wizard you could hold in the comm manager button and the phone would turn into silent/vibrate mode. this was with no extra button mapping software or anything.

I used that to easilly change sound level if I'm going into a meeting etc.

there must be some kind of reg edit to make the same happen on the hermes...

Yeah we were debating maybe whether or not this is a hardware issue... No doubt this is something that will have to be worked around if it's not available by default.

As for locking the kids in the attic, that's a bit cruel. You should keep in them in the cellar, they'll keep a bit longer, plus they'll have a bit of moisture to lick off the walls.