THE BEST DEAL FROM ORANGE

Guest john.-h

Well if I get what I'e been offered I'll be one happy bunny!

Canary 40 - 330 mins + 100 text = 40 quid

12 MONTH contract (I'm pretty sure that's right!)

PLUS unlimited data bundle =

Guest Confucious

hehe I read "Canary 40 - 330 mins + 100 text = 40 quid" and thought that's not very good. Then I saw the extra 2000 mins and 500 texts. Bargain! With unlimited data you seem to have got a great deal.

Still

Guest PaulWayne

I have been with T Mobile for over 10 years and their web & walk package looked like excellent value but I did'nt want to carry a bulky PDA around with me in the evenings..........Only Orange through their business plans seemed to offer a sensible duplicate sim option called "single Number" and so today I have migrated and have an SPV M3100 on an Orange's 200 minutes business plan at a cost of

hehe I read "Canary 40 - 330 mins + 100 text = 40 quid" and thought that's not very good. Then I saw the extra 2000 mins and 500 texts. Bargain! With unlimited data you seem to have got a great deal.

Still

Guest m3100tony

I have phone retentions (again) for clarification of the apparent 2000 minutes offer.

As you can see in another post I was offered:

(I have been with orange 10 years ish, band 5, 70 quid ish average spend. Previously on Select 750 (750 x net / 35 / month). I was 9 months into a 12 month contract)

I was offered and received 6 days ago: Orange SPV 3100 FOC, Upgrade fee FOC, Select 750 on 12 month contract (

Guest Dr Who
The other reality is how many people will actually use 2000 more minutes !!

I would. But since they refuse to upgrade me to Panther or even offer me the unlimited data bundle (paid for!) on my current tariff then I have no chance.

I think I must have a note on my account saying, "Get rid of this tw*t" given how truly and utterly unhelpful every member of OCS has been in my numerous (more than 10?) callls to various departments in the last two weeks.

I just say keep phoning. I'd crawl over broken glass to give my rep a bunch of flowers right now, even though my spend went up a whole lot.

It's a tricky one, but if you are after getting an O retention, keep ringing and you WILL hit a rep that actually wants you to stay. They get paid 50p per retention. It's not a lot. The women get paid more, because they are generally better at talking idiot blokes like us down, and also getting the supervisors to approve crazy stuff! :D

I think I must have a note on my account saying, "Get rid of this tw*t" given how truly and utterly unhelpful every member of OCS has been in my numerous (more than 10?) callls to various departments in the last two weeks.
Just request a copy of your notes (under the Data Protection Act) and find out for sure! :D

Am I the only one who is quite annoyed at not getting these UBER deals being offered to other people now???

I think it is a symptom of having upgraded as soon as the m3100 was made available...

I'm seriously thinking of sending mine back now and then trying to renegotiate a better deal...

any advice/thoughts?

surely I'm not the only one who thinks they can get a better deal?????

S

Guest fox5150
Am I the only one who is quite annoyed at not getting these UBER deals being offered to other people now???

I think it is a symptom of having upgraded as soon as the m3100 was made available...

I'm seriously thinking of sending mine back now and then trying to renegotiate a better deal...

any advice/thoughts?

S

I think I was lucky when I upgraded. I upgraded to the M3100 on the day of release and asked OCS what they would do for me. The guy put me through to retentions straight away and they offered me the extra 2000 minutes - I didn't have to ask them. The only thing I did have to haggle over were the extra texts and the price of the handset.

When I did the upgrade, the retentions guy said that the 2000 extra minutes were available until the end of August so get them while they're hot!!

Just waiting for September 1st to roll round so I can start taking advantage of my new tariff (that's when my contract date is)

Fox

I think I was lucky when I upgraded. I upgraded to the M3100 on the day of release and asked OCS what they would do for me. The guy put me through to retentions straight away and they offered me the extra 2000 minutes - I didn't have to ask them. The only thing I did have to haggle over were the extra texts and the price of the handset.

When I did the upgrade, the retentions guy said that the 2000 extra minutes were available until the end of August so get them while they're hot!!

Just waiting for September 1st to roll round so I can start taking advantage of my new tariff (that's when my contract date is)

Fox

Hey fox,

what deal did you get in the end and what was your monthly spend like...

cheers

S

any advice/thoughts?

S

Well, you could try that. The best thing to do when you're after a super-new handset is sit tight for a bit and watch what happens. I've been climbing the walls for about three weeks trying not to buy one but it's paid off, eventually.

Well, you could try that. The best thing to do when you're after a super-new handset is sit tight for a bit and watch what happens. I've been climbing the walls for about three weeks trying not to buy one but it's paid off, eventually.

hindsight being a wonderful thing etc....

can't help the position I'm in now...i'm stuck...

if it hadn't been for this forum i'd not be any the wiser ! :D :D

but hey... i'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me if anything... otherwise I'm inclined to send this back and sit tight for a few days and then try again just before the 31st...

Guest FlyFox

What's the best deal a NEW customer to Orange can expect with the M3100? Phone price, minutes, texts, data.

And would you be best off talking to sales or to retentions?

I'm with O2 at the moment, spending c.

Edited by FlyFox

What's the best deal a NEW customer to Orange can expect with the M3100? Phone price, minutes, texts, data.

And would you be best off talking to sales or to retentions?

I'm with O2 at the moment, spending c.

after a couple of tries to get a decent person in the OCS team who actually knew what they were talking about I put up with a chap called steve... not the most helpful but nevertheless he at least knew about the 2k extra mins thing.

so I paid my

Guest john.-h

have been waiting until tomorrow to try o, i rang last week and was told to wait until 29th, as they say i have a loyalty bonus due on my account( or more in stock), anyway thanks for all replies its interesting to see the difference. will post tomorrow hopefully with a good deal.lol

Guest richardgaywood

Reading through the thread I think I've done OK.... I'm in month 10 of my 12 month contract on Orange OVP Select 500 (the old 3 tariff,

Guest jimbouk

In theory you only get unlimited with Panther and Premier tariifs - but you can have Try 3G if its your first 3g phone (1000mb a month for three months) - ask for it when you register your new sim