Setting up email on M3100

Guest Techno

Guest Techno

I've set up my email accounts so they download messages from my mail server. However, when I delete emails from the phone it does not delete them off the server. Is there anyway I can do this. I don't want downloaded emails to be pulled off the server though.

I use a computer to download emails but use the phone to check messages when I'm out and about. If I know I have junk email then I'd prefer to delete them from the phone so that when I'm at my computer to download the mails then it doesn't need to download the junk. Any help will be great. Thanks

Milan

Guest jimbouk

If its set up as a Pop account, then after deleting the mails on the device, do another send/receive. That way it sends the delete command to the server.

When you then connect via outlook or similar on pc, it will still give you the mails you previously viewed on device (and didn't delete).

Guest Techno
If its set up as a Pop account, then after deleting the mails on the device, do another send/receive. That way it sends the delete command to the server.

When you then connect via outlook or similar on pc, it will still give you the mails you previously viewed on device (and didn't delete).

I gave that a go but it didn't seem to work. Then I thought that maybe I need to remove them from my deleted items too and it seemed to work then. So the emails do not get deleted off the server if you delete them from the inbox and they are still in the Deleted Items folder. Thanks for help with sorting this out. Cheers

Guest jimbouk

You can set the deleted items behaviour on your device in messaging, menu, tools to immediately delete items. This removes them from all your messaging accounts when you delete them instead of moving them to Deleted Items. This will save you a step - but does mean that you dont have a second chance to get an email you deleted in error.

Guest Techno
You can set the deleted items behaviour on your device in messaging, menu, tools to immediately delete items. This removes them from all your messaging accounts when you delete them instead of moving them to Deleted Items. This will save you a step - but does mean that you dont have a second chance to get an email you deleted in error.

True but if that happened then I guess you could just not do another send/receive and download them from the PC before you do the send/receive from the device. Thanks again :-)

Guest jimbouk
True but if that happened then I guess you could just not do another send/receive and download them from the PC before you do the send/receive from the device. Thanks again :-)

No that only affects the mails you delete from your inbox on your device between send/receives. Ie you don't have to empty your deleted items folder before the second send/receive in order to remove them from your server.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got exactly the same problem - deleted emails (ones that are sat in the deleted folder) do not get deleted from the server after I do a send receive.

On previous devices, they did.

This doesn't seem correct?

I've got exactly the same problem - deleted emails (ones that are sat in the deleted folder) do not get deleted from the server after I do a send receive.

On previous devices, they did.

This doesn't seem correct?

Ah, I see what's happening - it's the 'On connect/disconnect' option that isn't working. It's behaving the same as 'Manual'.

Is this happening on both M3100 and Vario II?

Ah, I see what's happening - it's the 'On connect/disconnect' option that isn't working. It's behaving the same as 'Manual'.

Is this happening on both M3100 and Vario II?

Nobody else got the same happening, or is there a difference between between 'Manual' and 'On connect/disconnect' ?

• 2 weeks later...
So just me with no difference between 'Manual' and 'On connect/disconnect' ? :rolleyes:

no me as well ..

manual -> mails do not get deleted from pop until I delete the deleted folder manually on my device

on connect/disconnect -> same behaviour as above

immediate -> mails I deleted (usually junk mails) gets deleted from pop server in next send/receive.

It does seem that on connect/disconnect option is not working (or behaving same as manual mode)