Mteor Call Key and Jog Dial and other complaints

Guest kscheile

Guest kscheile

Hello there!

I just got my mteor and although I wanted to love it (I really tried!) somehow my feelings get mixed up.

(I'll ignore all the well known short comings like crap batt.life etc and come to my real problems:)

- My Accept Call Key (The green one) feels totally different from all the other keys, when pushed. Somehow as if it's pressed in already. Is this with other mteors, too?

- The push-function of the jog dial is awful. In comparison to pushing a scroll wheel, the feedback when pushing is "you'll break it". And then, there's no back button, as on a blackberry- Not wanting to move from dial to back button across the entire screen you end up not using the dial at all.

- I can't get rid of HTCs design, especially the incoming call screen and the branding bar - which looks awful on a red theme...

Can anyone compare to a strtrk? I don't know where to switch to, basically...;-(

Thanks for your help and greetings from cologne, Germany,

Klaus

My Accept Call Key (The green one) feels totally different from all the other keys, when pushed. Somehow as if it's pressed in already. Is this with other mteors, too?

Mine doesn't have that problem, but I did have the problem on an old SP5 which I returned for replacement - the new phone was fine, so I guess it's a problem with the odd phone.

The push-function of the jog dial is awful. In comparison to pushing a scroll wheel, the feedback when pushing is "you'll break it". And then, there's no back button, as on a blackberry- Not wanting to move from dial to back button across the entire screen you end up not using the dial at all.
I can't say that I miss having a back button next to the jog wheel, but then again I've never been used to it. I find the jog wheel is ok, but don't really use it that much. It's certainly not as good as a real scroll wheel.

I can't get rid of HTCs design, especially the incoming call screen and the branding bar - which looks awful on a red theme...

I'd like to know how to do this too as I rapidly became tired of a bright green theme and moved back to the standard blue Windows theme and the odd green page does look crap!

Simon.

Guest kscheile

:D

thanks for the answer! I just gave it back to the vendor. Somehow I'm fed up with it. :D

Anyway, I'll guess I'll just wait for the samsung-smartphone that was presented on ifa!

(SGH-I320)

It's got all the beef and is smaller than the tytn and thinner than the mteor.

And in comparison to the excalibur, it looks really GREAT! :D (In fact it even looks great without the excalibur next to it... :D :D )

Did I mention it's got a real wheel - with dedicated back button?

And the best thing, and last thing:

A separate battery is shipped, which can be used as a charger of the first battery - everything needed is included!

I'm spent! ;-)