Xbox Live Anywhere pictured

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Xbox Live is coming to your mobile device, branded 'Live Anywhere'.

Details are thin on the ground atm (at best), and the screenshots here don't give a huge amount away... but what I really want to know is 'can I play mobile versions of games and earn achievements (e.g. Zuma, Hexic)?

While a mobile interface to Live stats is interesting... it could be so much more!

What do YOU want to see from Live Anywhere?

P

[Pic 1 of 3 by mobilitytoday]

law1.jpglaw2.jpglaw3.jpg

from what we've seen so far it appears like the mobile version is just a viewer for the gamer cards, not seen any mention or signs that games are actually playable on the mobile devices

tho there has been the demo of tools that are used to adjust things like the settings of a car's aerodynamics etc which can save back to the live system somehow

Guest fluffcat1
and the screenshots here don't give a huge amount away...

but what I really want to know is where to get a HTC branded US SDA?.....prefer that logo over the new one.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

I've been wondering where this is going, from the description they gave at E3 or whatever show it was they first showed it, it does exactly what anybody can do right now by signing into xbox.com on their mobile device, but in an application form rather than through a web page.

Guest nickcornaglia
Guys it would be great if you give us credit for the photo you are using. We cropped it on purpose so it would be appreciated :D

Did you join YESTERDAY just to say that? How much information have you ever received from this site? Seems Paul added a reference to your pic on the news item...that said there are alot more to be found in the links I added above. If you use those, will you mention that you found the link here and then credit the authors of those sites? Both were written well before your one sentence news blurb...so you should take EXCLUSIVE off of the title.

I wish site authors would only demand credit for items THEY create and not those handed to them...and then cropped by them. They are MS's photos, not yours. If they came from YOUR camera that would be different. Think of informing and bettering the Windows Mobile Community when reporting news...not just your own hit count.

Back on topic...What would I like from LIVE?

Like Paul said...mobile mini-games would be great that combine scores with your online game score...especially with the LIVE Arcade games. With 3G, VideoChat would be a cool addition to the planned messaging feature.

Slightly beyond, how about an ORB type service that streams music/video/photos from your xbox (which is pulling from your home network).

Also, I wonder if this is an extension of Live Messenger? Will it be just another tab within that app? I hope so.

Guest VulakAerr

I don't really understand people's lack of enthusiasm over this. To me this sounds like an amazing idea. The fact that you can start your downloads on the 360 whilst you're away at work, or start a game of Zuma or Bejeweled (for example) on the 360 and then continue it when you leave home on your mobile. I love the idea of sending messages and seeing presence information from your mobile too. I believe the plan is to eventually allow voice-chat, too. Always connected = fantastic. :D

Guest Paul (MVP)
he fact that you can start your downloads on the 360 whilst you're away at work, or start a game of Zuma or Bejeweled (for example) on the 360 and then continue it when you leave home on your mobile.

If you can do that, then awesome!

But are you going to be able to do that - that's the question?

P

Guest nickcornaglia

My guess would be to take a look at the XBOX360 Tab on the PC version of Windows Live and the personalized 360 page it leads you too. Whatever information you can see there and what interaction you can do is probably what you're going to get from the mobile client...

...just in a slick interface.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.