I got HSDPA added to my account

Guest TheVoiceofJericho

Guest TheVoiceofJericho

Hi all, making my first post and have to compliment the guys here for running a fantastic community. I've picked up a lot of usfull stuff I've implamented in my vario 2, cheer.

Anyway, on with the point. A friend of mine working in one of the callcenters rang 150 off my phone and aske them to add the HSDPA bolton thingy to my account. So in a nutshell it's not available automaticly, and ringig up would be advisable whether old or new account ;-)

Hope that helps someone

TVOJ

Guest zoidster
Hi all, making my first post and have to compliment the guys here for running a fantastic community. I've picked up a lot of usfull stuff I've implamented in my vario 2, cheer.

Anyway, on with the point. A friend of mine working in one of the callcenters rang 150 off my phone and aske them to add the HSDPA bolton thingy to my account. So in a nutshell it's not available automaticly, and ringig up would be advisable whether old or new account ;-)

Hope that helps someone

TVOJ

CS appears to be a lottery on this issue

I mailed recently and was told HSDPA was for datacards only - so I followed up with a phone call to CS (as a lot of people on here say they got it activated no problem ) and again , was told it would not be possible to add to my account :D

Undetered , I simply redialled CS straight back after putting the phone down and asked again - this time the rep said they'd have to put me on hold while she aske a manager - then came back breifly and said she had to check to see what a different dept had to say on the matter - then .....( :D :D :D ) she came back and said "OK - we've added the feature to you account - it should be activated within the next 24hrs "

So there appears to be some confusion at the their call centre - My advice would be to keep trying if they say no

Guest Pandemonium

Hope that helps someone

TVOJ

I got my Vario II and SIM card on Saturday by Special Delivery (didn't know SD was available on Saturdays) and my SIM seems to be enabled for HSDPA already as I did a speed test and got over 1Mbps.

Guest Swampie
I got my Vario II and SIM card on Saturday by Special Delivery (didn't know SD was available on Saturdays) and my SIM seems to be enabled for HSDPA already as I did a speed test and got over 1Mbps.

As Royal Mail usually do deliveries on Saturdays to residential addresses (not ususally business addresses) then SD items can be delivered on a Saturday, however the quoted delivery times and guarantees do not include Saturdays, so they're within their right to deliver on a Monday and still be within their deadline.

Guest StuBFrost

After dialling 150, what option do I need to select to get HSDPA added to my account.

I have tried emailing but I have been told that they wouldn't add it.

Thanks

After dialling 150, what option do I need to select to get HSDPA added to my account.

I have tried emailing but I have been told that they wouldn't add it.

Thanks

I went to "faults", "general faults" or something like that, and asked them to add "HSDPA 384k Uplink"

I got my Vario II on Friday and got the HSDPA 384k uplink enabled by dialling 150. The CS rep went to her manager, then to tech support, then to a different tech department who switched it on. Interestingly the guy in the final dept said there was 2 HSDPA options, and he couldn't switch one of them on. Before I called them I was getting 150 - 220 kbits/s, and no HSDPA showed on "my tmobile", after I got 1.2 mbit/s and the uplink showng on "my tmobile"

Guest gibbo9999

Went throught the lottery of CS over the last day or so, but eventually got it activated tonight :D

untitledfe3.jpg

Just need to get a decent signal now to give it a full test.

Guest colossusuk

mmm thats nice, i called cs tonight as i couldnt remember my username and password to access my t-mobile. the woman on the other end said there systems were down so shes going to give me a call tomorrow to sort things out!

Guest noodles-21

Does anyone know if a different symbol is displayed on the vario 2 when connected via HSDPA or will it still show 3G... it looks like it carry's on displaying the 3G symbol.

Guest colossusuk
Does anyone know if a different symbol is displayed on the vario 2 when connected via HSDPA or will it still show 3G... it looks like it carry's on displaying the 3G symbol.

afaik it still displays the 3G symbol when connected via HSDPA. not sure if theres a way you can change this yet.

Guest zoidster
CS appears to be a lottery on this issue

I mailed recently and was told HSDPA was for datacards only - so I followed up with a phone call to CS (as a lot of people on here say they got it activated no problem ) and again , was told it would not be possible to add to my account :D

Undetered , I simply redialled CS straight back after putting the phone down and asked again - this time the rep said they'd have to put me on hold while she aske a manager - then came back breifly and said she had to check to see what a different dept had to say on the matter - then .....( :D :D :D ) she came back and said "OK - we've added the feature to you account - it should be activated within the next 24hrs "

So there appears to be some confusion at the their call centre - My advice would be to keep trying if they say no

Well , spoke too soon :D

24hrs later , no Fast connection , no mention of HSDPA 384K uplink in My T-mobile - So I phoned CS , this morning and was told there was no record of the feature being added (Grrrr ! ) and the Rep put me on hold for 17 minutes while she spoke to a tech team

And then .... I got blindly transferred to an angel :D

She asked me my details / password again (I got a bit angry after being on hold for nearly 20 mins , then sent back to the start ) , she apologised profundly for me having been transferred blindly and asked me what the problem was

(this part was amazing ! )

I said "I asked to have HSDPA 384K uplink added to my account yesterday and it was doesn't seem to have been applied" .... I only said it the once - didn't have to repeat it or explain what it was or why I wanted it , and she said " OK I'll do that now - I'll just come out and check that it has gone on , there , all done " ... the whole thing taking about 20 short seconds ...... I immediately check "my t mobile" , and there it is ! - I connect on my M3100 (1 bar of 3G signal) at 685kbps

Why can't they al be like her :D :D :D

After numerous lengthy calls and emails .... this amazing lady does it in a blink of an eye

Shame on the rest of them

Just goes to show - CS is , as i said previously , a lottery

Rock on T Mob...

After reading much debate in these forums I took the plunge and ordered online at 7pm last night. One annoying call to an assistant who assured me that HSDPA was only available to W'n'W pro users but otherwise a blissful experience. Phone arrived at 8.45 this morning and went straight on charge. Quick call to C.S. now that I had my new number and they confirmed that HSDPA is on my account!!!! Had 10 long years of annual haggling with O followed by one year of constant strife with O2, hoping this is the sign of better things for the future.

Also pleased to see that order confirmation seems to show relax 50 with w'n'w

Guest danktuft
Rock on T Mob...

Had 10 long years of annual haggling with O followed by one year of constant strife with O2, hoping this is the sign of better things for the future.

After my much documented (on another thread) troubles one impression that I have been left with is that T-Mobile CS is pretty cool. The last bloke I spoke to even went and got a Vario II while I was on the phone and had a mess around with it to see if he was missing anything that wasn't in their service manual.

Guest TheVoiceofJericho

The 3G symbol should change to a U when I commpatible areas.

Whe ya ring lads most of the cs guys haven't got the foggiest, and its easier than u think to get through. soon as u hear automated voice hit 0 six times.

rite now that u got some mongo talking to u tell them that ud like the HSDPA Soc(this Is the interal name for bolt ons and include every feature u could have whether free or not I.e. roaming txt budles etc) added to ur account. tell them its rite at the bottom of the avaiable socs list.

Most of the staff really haven't got a clue about technology or telecommuications, they just read a screen, so if u tell them exactly what to do they shold get it done.

Guest emyllis

Just managed to get this extra put on - it really is total luck of the draw - i'd asked 2 times before and not got it, but this time I had a lovely helpful man called Steven (with a Scotish drawl) who helped; he was impressed I knew its name - HSDPA 384 SOC is it's full name;

And he put it on for me!

Me is happy - Cheers the Voice Of Jericho

Guest nforsans

Amazingly predictable..! I tried twice, once by email. I got the following reply from T:

Hello xxx

Thanks for your email about HSDPA and the settings on your Vario II device.

I was sorry to hear that your download speeds weren't as fast as you were hoping for, and that some of the settings on the phone for the GPRS seemed incorrect. I'm glad you've contacted us for help with this.

I've checked with our technical team, and unfortunately the HSDPA is only available to users of the Web N Walk Professional service and not the basic Web N Walk package. Your plan includes normal Web N Walk access, and this can be upgraded to the Professional for an additional

Edited by nforsans

I just called up now, asked to put it on , and thats it, added within 2mins, he knew what i was talking about, and also was given 5 free txt messages, for being with t-mobile.

Guest Confucious

Just spoke to Mark in the Tech dept and he had to look into it and phone me back. He rang back within 10 mins (T always do!) but insisted HSDPA was oly available for the pro W'n'W and would not add it to std.

As I got this phone for my brother I wn't phone gain but will tell him to.

The Vario II is rather neet isn't it?

Still prefer the screen, headphone socket and 4Gb memory card on my Universal though :D

Guest billybear
Went throught the lottery of CS over the last day or so, but eventually got it activated tonight :D

untitledfe3.jpg

Just need to get a decent signal now to give it a full test.

post-120058-1158269051_thumb.jpg

:D Got mine added too! Lucky on this! - added first try @CS

Was :D (2 bars 3G)

Best reliable speed tester I found www.dslreports.com/mspeed

post-120058-1158269051_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes: Got mine added too! Lucky on this! - added first try @CS

Was :( (2 bars 3G)

Best reliable speed tester I found www.dslreports.com/mspeed

Still getting the run around with T-Mob CS and being told that the HSDPA is only available with W&W Pro for an extra charge. Is there a particular option number to try? I have been through faults and the 6 zeros once you hit the automated response but no luck.

UPDATE: They are sticking to their guns as I am now on my fourth different person and they are still telling me that it is only available with W&W Pro for a extra few quid a month.

Edited by nrj1999

Guest waroffice
Well , spoke too soon :rolleyes:

24hrs later , no Fast connection , no mention of HSDPA 384K uplink in My T-mobile - So I phoned CS , this morning and was told there was no record of the feature being added (Grrrr ! ) and the Rep put me on hold for 17 minutes while she spoke to a tech team

And then .... I got blindly transferred to an angel :P

She asked me my details / password again (I got a bit angry after being on hold for nearly 20 mins , then sent back to the start ) , she apologised profundly for me having been transferred blindly and asked me what the problem was

(this part was amazing ! )

I said "I asked to have HSDPA 384K uplink added to my account yesterday and it was doesn't seem to have been applied" .... I only said it the once - didn't have to repeat it or explain what it was or why I wanted it , and she said " OK I'll do that now - I'll just come out and check that it has gone on , there , all done " ... the whole thing taking about 20 short seconds ...... I immediately check "my t mobile" , and there it is ! - I connect on my M3100 (1 bar of 3G signal) at 685kbps

Why can't they al be like her :( :) ;)

After numerous lengthy calls and emails .... this amazing lady does it in a blink of an eye

Shame on the rest of them

Just goes to show - CS is , as i said previously , a lottery

I think we spoke to the same person...was in queue forever but finally got through. I wanted to port my number from O so I did that first then just asked for HSDPA n said it was already on!

think she had a south african accent ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to get HSDPA added to my account today - atleast I have an email telling me that this is the case.

Does it get activated immediately? Or is there like a 24 hour delay or something? As at the moment I am still only getting 250KB/Sec on the Vario2.

I have also Enabled HSDPA through the Fit4Hermes tool.

Thanks

Guest mitman
I just managed to get HSDPA added to my account today - atleast I have an email telling me that this is the case.

Does it get activated immediately? Or is there like a 24 hour delay or something? As at the moment I am still only getting 250KB/Sec on the Vario2.

I have also Enabled HSDPA through the Fit4Hermes tool.

Thanks

Check on your "my T-mobile" and it should show HSDPA 384k uplink (if i remember correctly)

It should be under the added features section.

Check on your "my T-mobile" and it should show HSDPA 384k uplink (if i remember correctly)

It should be under the added features section.

Thanks - it's there.

Now i need to figure out why i am still getting the same speed of 250kb.