spillage disaster

Guest svtmook

so yesterday i spilled a cup of coffee on my 2125. now the keys and buttons are all "sticky". anyone know of a "safe" way to clean under the buttons?

hi

you'll have to disassembly the device (no more warranty..) to clean/change keypad

I think 2125 is same case as c600 (except antenna on top), check guide here :

http://www.modaco.com/C600-Faraday-diss-as...ly-t240271.html

Guest The Doctor
hi

you'll have to disassembly the device (no more warranty..) to clean/change keypad

new keypad won't be necessary. just unscrew the lot according to the guide and clean underneath with a dab of meths or some other alcohol on a cloth and clean everything up thats sticky :D

phil

Guest The Doctor

try isopropyl alcohol as the alcohol but let it dry before reassembling your phone.

sorry about the double post but i can't edit posts on my smartphone

phil

Guest Snooginsguy
hi

You also won't void the warranty to simply access the keypad for cleaning. Just take out the 4 visible torx screws - 2 in the battery compartment and 2 under the aerial cover - and the face will unsnap from the body of the phone. THen you can easily get to the circuit board and clean teh keypad contacts.

Guest The Doctor
You also won't void the warranty to simply access the keypad for cleaning. Just take out the 4 visible torx screws - 2 in the battery compartment and 2 under the aerial cover - and the face will unsnap from the body of the phone. THen you can easily get to the circuit board and clean teh keypad contacts.

o you will have to void the warranty. the ribbon cable connecting the keypad to the mainboard is too short. you'll end up tearing it and being quoted 250 GBP ex VAT to get it repaired like i was. you'll have to void the warranty to get at the keypad.

phil

Guest Snooginsguy
o you will have to void the warranty. the ribbon cable connecting the keypad to the mainboard is too short. you'll end up tearing it and being quoted 250 GBP ex VAT to get it repaired like i was. you'll have to void the warranty to get at the keypad.

phil

Well, you just have to be more careful... :D Seriously, though, I have taken mine apart half a dozen times to clean the inside of the screen or oil the joystick, and have had no problems. I also did it with 2 phones previously that I had to send back for warranty replacement (unrelated issues, I swear!) and they never even questioned it. The ribbon is on the left side of the unit (the same side as the volume control buttons) so I always open it from the right to the left as though it's a clam, and no problem.

well, i had some precision electronics cleaner left. so i just sprayed that into the keys and it's working fine now. just a little sticky when i press to the right or down on the joystick. but that has also been working itself out.

• 1 year later...