new vodafone tarrifs

Guest dil

Guys is it just me or are the new vodafone tarrifs rubbish compared to orange and T-mobile,

I bought my v1605 expecting some sort of data add on but there isnt anything, does anyone know if there are any more tarrif changes or is this it?

cheers

Guest Stuart_f
Guys is it just me or are the new vodafone tarrifs rubbish compared to orange and T-mobile,

I bought my v1605 expecting some sort of data add on but there isnt anything, does anyone know if there are any more tarrif changes or is this it?

cheers

Someone did start a rumour that some sort of sensible data package was coming to Vodafone in November. I have no details of it and am just repeating what I read so it could be rubbish....

• 2 weeks later...
Someone did start a rumour that some sort of sensible data package was coming to Vodafone in November. I have no details of it and am just repeating what I read so it could be rubbish....

it's not a rumour, October is set to be an interesting month.....

Guest Happy Dave
it's not a rumour, October is set to be an interesting month.....

OH COME ON !

Please tell us whats happening, I'm all set up and ready to go when they launch a decent data plan. Go on just a hint at least.. will I be able to turn on my push email without worrying?

OH COME ON !

Please tell us whats happening, I'm all set up and ready to go when they launch a decent data plan. Go on just a hint at least.. will I be able to turn on my push email without worrying?

There isn't much more info that I know. Mid october is what I understand to be when a new data package will become available.

I don't know if it will work with the new 'points' system they have going either.

I have a feeling it won't be as exciting as many of us had hoped. the wnw unlimited 7.50 bolt on operates at a loss and there is no chance they will try anything as rogue as that.

Don't blame me if we're still sat here twiddling are thumbs in the middle of next month either. lol

Guest Happy Dave
There isn't much more info that I know. Mid october is what I understand to be when a new data package will become available.

I don't know if it will work with the new 'points' system they have going either.

I have a feeling it won't be as exciting as many of us had hoped. the wnw unlimited 7.50 bolt on operates at a loss and there is no chance they will try anything as rogue as that.

Don't blame me if we're still sat here twiddling are thumbs in the middle of next month either. lol

personally I'm not bothered about it working with the points thing as I'm on a business tarrif, I cant justify the

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Happy Dave
As soon as I know more I will be sure to let you know....

you heard anything yet? I've noticed they now have a new BusinessTime tariff that includes Vodafone Business Email for an extra

Guest Happy Dave

and it also doesn't go live till the 16th so they cant add it anyway at the moment. But more details:

1. Its a bundle that can be removed at anytime

2. Don't have to extend contract length

• 5 weeks later...
and it also doesn't go live till the 16th so they cant add it anyway at the moment. But more details:

1. Its a bundle that can be removed at anytime

2. Don't have to extend contract length

Are you referring to the "Extras Pack" where you get 51.2 MB for £34.04? That price is scandalous.

I've got a 3G data card, also from Vodafone, and that costs me £45 for 1 GB of data. Why can't they have a priceplan for 3G phones that's a bit more appropriate??

Guest Stuart_f

If stern is still reading this forum I'd like to know if I've missed something because October has been and gone and Vodafone still don't have a decent data plan. Hardly an "interesting month". Lets hope it's just delayed and they'll announce unlimited data for less than the price of a London house in November.

• 2 months later...
Guest stevem999
If stern is still reading this forum I'd like to know if I've missed something because October has been and gone and Vodafone still don't have a decent data plan. Hardly an "interesting month". Lets hope it's just delayed and they'll announce unlimited data for less than the price of a London house in November.

Well it's January now and I've just been speaking to Vodafone about any sort of data plan and there isn't one unless you want the Blackberry thing they do. I got a PAC from them to go to T-Mob and get the Vario II with web'n'walk and Flext because their upgrade/retention offer was so bad (£330 for the V1605) so of course they have phoned me to 'see what they can do' - well they have now miraculously offered me the phone for free (!!) on my existing tariff (£23/m) which includes an old extras pack that can be used for texts and/or data but only about 4-5MB worth if you don't use any texts, and on condition that I take one of their 30 day SIM cards for £25 which I can apparently cancel after a month. All sounds good except that by taking the V1605 I expect to be using far more data and they can't offer me a thing. Their data cost is £2.35 per MB so even if I just doubled what I do now then I'd be using around another £10.00 per month. On an 18 month contract thats £180.

The alternative is to go to T-Mob, get charged £80-90 for the phone on Flext 20 with WNW (anyone know how to get it cheaper than that without ramping up the tariff?) and have unlimited data and any mix of calls/txts/MMS that I want. I think the up-front cost of T-Mob is far better than the potential data costs of Vodafone.

Anyway, after pressing them, Vodafone say there is absolutely nothing they can do for data - there are no data bundles in existence, even for a customer who has been with them for 6 years or so. Utter pants.

Maybe I've missed something?

Guest Happy Dave
Well it's January now and I've just been speaking to Vodafone about any sort of data plan and there isn't one unless you want the Blackberry thing they do. I got a PAC from them to go to T-Mob and get the Vario II with web'n'walk and Flext because their upgrade/retention offer was so bad (£330 for the V1605) so of course they have phoned me to 'see what they can do' - well they have now miraculously offered me the phone for free (!!) on my existing tariff (£23/m) which includes an old extras pack that can be used for texts and/or data but only about 4-5MB worth if you don't use any texts, and on condition that I take one of their 30 day SIM cards for £25 which I can apparently cancel after a month. All sounds good except that by taking the V1605 I expect to be using far more data and they can't offer me a thing. Their data cost is £2.35 per MB so even if I just doubled what I do now then I'd be using around another £10.00 per month. On an 18 month contract thats £180.

The alternative is to go to T-Mob, get charged £80-90 for the phone on Flext 20 with WNW (anyone know how to get it cheaper than that without ramping up the tariff?) and have unlimited data and any mix of calls/txts/MMS that I want. I think the up-front cost of T-Mob is far better than the potential data costs of Vodafone.

Anyway, after pressing them, Vodafone say there is absolutely nothing they can do for data - there are no data bundles in existence, even for a customer who has been with them for 6 years or so. Utter pants.

Maybe I've missed something?

no you haven't missed anything. I've been asking them for ages about this on the business tarrifs and constantly being told "soon" but without any details. I've just had a call from them doing a survey of my business needs and one of the questions was about mobile data, "why didn't I use more of it " with my device. I said because of the costs and that I was going to move to t-mob in March to which he said that at least half of the people he's had to ask today said the same. Maybe they'll get the message.

Guest stevem999
no you haven't missed anything. I've been asking them for ages about this on the business tarrifs and constantly being told "soon" but without any details. I've just had a call from them doing a survey of my business needs and one of the questions was about mobile data, "why didn't I use more of it " with my device. I said because of the costs and that I was going to move to t-mob in March to which he said that at least half of the people he's had to ask today said the same. Maybe they'll get the message.

Yeah, they've gone very 'consumer' recently and seem more bothered about plugging pitiful services such as Mobile TV to the masses. I'm a consumer, not a business user, but I do have data requirements and to not even offer them as a bundle or extras pack seems soooo short-sighted in this age of connectivity. They're happy to fleece the businesses for their Blackberry package which is basically just data but Joe Public can go and whistle for it.

Well, off to T-Mob, as I suspect many people are doing. The Vodafone guy has just called me back and seems incredulous that I won't be taking their free phone and what a marvellous deal it is. Well, yes it would be except for the fact that in my 18 month contract I will end up paying far more with Voda than T-Mob, just not upfront. Are they a bit soft or something. Don't answer that :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tom Bull
I bought my v1605 expecting some sort of data add on but there isnt anything

Me too :)

I've been with vodafone for more than 10 years, as its the operator with the best reception where I live.

But... Three, Orange and T-Mobile have all just put up 3G masts near me, and I'm itching to change - I want to be able to use data. I have the v1605 with 8 months left of 25 pound / month for 400 mins + free 100 texts / equivalent mms / equivalent data. What should I do? Pay off the remainder of the contract and swap? Any ideas?

Who's the best for data? T-Mobile are excellent obviously, but what about three X-Series? Does orange have any good data deals?

Help!

Edited by Tom Bull

Guest richard_d
Me too :)

I've been with vodafone for more than 10 years, as its the operator with the best reception where I live.

But... Three, Orange and T-Mobile have all just put up 3G masts near me, and I'm itching to change - I want to be able to use data. I have the v1605 with 8 months left of 25 pound / month for 400 mins + free 100 texts / equivalent mms / equivalent data. What should I do? Pay off the remainder of the contract and swap? Any ideas?

Who's the best for data? T-Mobile are excellent obviously, but what about three X-Series? Does orange have any good data deals?

Help!

Guest richard_d

At the moment 3's X-series is restricted to Nokia's but with their forthcoming release of the Tytn it might be worth waiting to see what they offer. Having said that I'm not over keen on the way 3 operates and as a current T-mobile customer would strongly recommend them.

• 4 weeks later...