Furball Zen

How to use I600 as a modem

If this is a Verizon i600, the drivers all came on the CD packaged with the phone. Everything you need to use the i600 as a modem was included.

If this is a Verizon i600, the drivers all came on the CD packaged with the phone. Everything you need to use the i600 as a modem was included.

No its the Sprint i600 (which most people ignore) and there are no drivers on the CD. As i recall i had to get my i500 drivers from somewhere else, I think Samsungs site, but i cant find ANYTHING for the i600.

Um, i cant seem to find this info or the drivers anywhere. I will be T.O.'d if i cant use this like i could my I500 and A680.....

Thanks.

Ok far as i can see Samsung thinks it cant be used as a modem. However, i have found that using the i700 drivers works for some people. My problem is, i cant seem to be able to edit the connection settings past choosing where the particular connection is coming from I.E.: Workplace, Internet etc.

The i700 drivers i found first come in a .cab file that i was told to install on the phone itself. But when i executed it, it said it wasnt a valid program for this phone.

So looked some more, found the Samsung modem drivers, but when i try to install it, using Have a Disk, nothing shows up in the dialog box to choose.

Anyone else at this point?

All i need is for the laptop to recognize the modem and i can set up everything else. With Sprint you only need to dial#777 with no User or PW to connect.