New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest karldavvers
I just noticed you said you downloaded a file called index. You will need to download the file through your computer or the opera browser. Then follow my instructions.

The index file is a slight bug somewhere it is not the program installer.

PS hope you get all of this before you leave.

Thank you so much....worked a treat in Opera Browser.....now off to Thailand I go, knowing I can drink as much of their crazy whisky as I like, and not worry

about my phone roaming :)....maybe I'll spend the 3 weeks reading the omnia manual....that should take up my whole 3 weeks!!!

Thanks again, really appreciate it

Guest vejlager
Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :(

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

I have a HTC Touch HD. How do I install this program?

Guest little_me

Hmm.. I'm new to windows mobile device. I have a Treo Pro, I've downloaded the nodata.cab file but can't install it on my mobile! :-( Would appreciate any help.

Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :(

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

Guest vector4agn
It does not work on my HTC S740 windows smartphone!

The error is:

Nodata.exe

NullReferenceExeptionn

at

NoData.frmMain.PopulateListBox()

at

NoData.frmMain.frmMain_Load()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form.onload()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible()

at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at NoData.frmMain.Main()

I have the same problem on xperia x1. Any ideas? Or something else I could try?

Edited by vector4agn

Guest vector4agn
NullReferenceExeptionn usually means you have no data connections set up for it to turn off. Have you got any set up?

I really don't have a clue. Although I looked the registry key and there was not the specific key NoData changes. Thing is that the mobile downloads data (it updated the weather on spb skin). What should I check?

Edited by vector4agn

Guest Jimbobaus

Hi There

Call me a bit slow.. i probably am.

I have downloaded the nodata utility as my mobile Samsung Omnia is always connecting to internet which is driving my bill higher and higher.

I was just wondering what were the steps i need to take to install this item on my Omnia.

I have never installed such an item before.

Cheers in advance for your help.

James

Guest Jimbobaus

Hi There

Call me a bit slow.. i probably am.

I have downloaded the nodata utility as my mobile Samsung Omnia is always connecting to internet which is driving my bill higher and higher.

I was just wondering what were the steps i need to take to install this item on my Omnia.

I have never installed such an item before.

Cheers in advance for your help.

James

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chichipoochi

Hi,

I am absolutly new to this both Omnia and WinMo!

I am trying to install NoData on my phone.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please give me step by step instructions on how to install the software onto my phone or point me to a topic if this has already been posted somewhere.

Thank You

Guest fatso485

any plans for a new version

if so, can you make the applications allaw certain apps to run

for example i want activesync and opera mini (both use very littlebandwidth and are important to me)to use cell/3g network and prevent everything else(wifi only)

Guest fatso485

any plans for a new version

if so, can you make the applications allaw certain apps to run

for example i want activesync and opera mini (both use very littlebandwidth and are important to me)to use cell/3g network and prevent everything else(wifi only)

Guest sariika

I know this sounds stupid but how do you actually put all this on your phone? I've downloaded the nodata thing, and now i have loads of files on my computer, do I just connect with usb cable and drag them in one of the files????

Guest yota_Pirate

I downloaded it and put it on my blackjack II and every time i try to disable the internet it gives me an error and says it cant disable it any ideas

Guest deprime

Thanks for this, I really like Nodata. I am using it for a week now and haven't had any problems with it.

However, I have a question.

The Nodata screen shows me this:

E-plus Internet

E-plus MMS

E-plus WAP GPRS

What exactly is the difference between the first and the last one? Does any of these settings affect Internet via WiFi/Wlan? Or in different words, is there a way to allow WiFi/Wlan and at the same time block GPRS/3G/HSDPA?

Thank you in advance!!!

Guest Confucious

I doubt if you use the last one - it looks like a hangover from phones that could only use WAP - you could probably leave it disabled.

These are purely for data from your telephone service provider and wont affect WiFi at all.

Have fun B)