New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Renan_3G
Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :o

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

Plz maybe in the future the new nodata version. :D .. may include an option to block only the programs you want :) , because when I use the data xtraGPS ;) I have to juggle in order to activate the 3G and handling is quite a feat :D , other programs also need 3G or Gprs. :D

Please see if you can add this option we would be very useful

:D

Guest phil-w

Looks like the NoData util no longer works with the HTC TOUCH 3G...

Worked fine on my TyTn but the Touch 3G (jade) seems to bypass the block.. I have set disable for internet and Wap but when I try to brows via WiFi the phone justs uses 3G/GPRS etc as though the block is not there...

Please not that this phone no longer has the original ORANGE UK rom on board because UNIQUE was driving me mad !!

It now has the "JADEMAN ROM" which appears much better (for me anyway !!!)

Just looking for a nice wifi manager front end for it if anyone knows of one..

Phil

EDIT.. I just downloaded the nodata again as I read that it had been updated a while ago. The file appeared exactly the same size as the one I had previously but I installed it any way after removing my previous version.

It does appear now to be blocking connections, must have been something I had done but I'm 99.9% certain I had toggled both WAP and Orange internet OFF..

Thanks for utility...

Edited by phil-w

Guest Rich Tea

I used NoData whilst I was abroad and I toggled the connections back on then I returned, however, I now cannot access the internet on my phone. It's a HTC Touch HD. Wi-fi still works fine, but if I disable that then no apps can connect... any ideas?

**EDIT**

Very sorry, my mistake... all working now... great app, I shall be making a donation... as soon as I've checked my phone bill!

Edited by Rich Tea

Guest DevSherif

Hi all,

I need your help in this issue.

I installed the nodata.cab and started it. When I try to toggle "press the middile physical button" on the gprs connection needed to be disabled....Nothing happens.

Also when i try to toggle on any other gprs or mms connection......nothing happens.

What is your openion?

Guest JACCAJ

Need some guidance....

My goal is to use my AT&T 8525 (Hermes) without any data plan... Only use WIFI to access email and the web. Maybe I'm having a brain freeze but can't seem to get pocket outlook from popping up every minute or so.

~I've installed the nodata.cab

~Windows Live Mail (for the default email client) with in Pocket Outlook

~Have Email set for manual send/receive

~Don't see any difference in how the phone functions (email) after installing the nodata.cab

Any thought or suggestion would be great!

Thanks!!!

Guest ciara_belle

this is great... do you have one that supports win 2003 (ce)? i have an old ipaq that i restored accidentally (battery ran out)... and after the restore all of a sudden gprs is working (never did never needed it)... it racked up a 1/2 meg today alone... and i cant find anywhere to turn off data in the connections area.

thanks

ciara

Guest Wired4Speed

I have the samsung Jack on ATT network. It list 3 connections, "att IMS", "att ISP", and "MedieaNet". I have all three of these disabled, but when I open Internet Explorer I am still able to browse web pages. I do not have any data plan, so I want to be able to stop this for sure. am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Guest gogeta2006

Hi Paul,

Great app...Thanks alot.

I have one problem though.

when i installed this, now under my settings-->connection tab the Wi-Fi is greyed-out and i can't turn it on or off

(although my wifi is working - because i had it connected before installing the app)

But i can't see any other connections ?

When i go to University i can't connect to their Wi Fi network because i can't click on the Wi Fi area.

Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?

Also how do you uninstall this app (i'll enter my University WiFi settings and then re-install)?

Take Care

and thank you in advance

Guest DannyBoii

This is exactly what ive been looking for!

im going to greece this weekend and ive been looking everywhere for a way to disable my internet while roaming

This is perfect and works fine on samsung omnia :D

Thanks

Guest wattaman

Was looking for something like this; it seems my HTC Touch connect by itself, can't understand why. The feed reader is empty, the emails are set to update manually... and the HTC or Microsoft have no idea why.

At least the HTC sent me to this site and told me to install nodata :D

I just hope it will work... every morning when I wake up I'm closing the GRP connection, and a few times a day, too; a waste of money.

Thank, m8!

Hi Paul,

I use NOdata on my HTC touchdiamond1, it worked well. txs! great!!!

As I try now to use NOData at my new HTC Touchpro2 after installation the problems start.

I get a message to close the program and start it up again.

This does not work as the same massage appears on and on.

I deinstalled and reinstalled 4 times but no difference. Also reset (soft) does not work.

Please help!

Thanx in advance.

Edited by pcbee

• 3 weeks later...

I have an HTC Touch Pro and this utility worked perfectly until I upgraded my rom to 5.11.502.2.

It can still disable GPRS, but as soon as the phone enters standby mode, GPRS is re-enabled. I spent several hours finding the exact trigger for re-enabling GPRS and it's definitely standby mode.

If it's possible to fix the problem, that would be awesome! Anything to make the, "There is a problem connecting..." error message go away...

Guest false_chicken

I live in the states. And over here Verizon like to screw everyone lol And this program looks brilliant. can this program block all data that goes over EV-DO but allow mms? I just ordered a sch-i760 of ebay so i didn't have to get data with it and if data for whatever reason gets transmitted im paying my the MB. and I don't want any data at all but mms. And another question, Will the changes by this program still be in effect after a restart? or does the program have to be running in order to block? (Like a firewall) Thanks:)

Guest Confucious
Trouble here,

HTC HD and HTC touch pro, after installation very poor wifi and no bluetooth connection.

What is the solution ?

Thx,

HEnk

All it does is toggle your data connection off. It has no effect on any other connections!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Amr Ibrahim

Hi all,

I need your help in this issue.

I installed the nodata.cab and started it. When I try to toggle "press the middile physical button" on the gprs connection needed to be disabled....Nothing happens.

Also when i try to toggle on any other gprs or mms connection......nothing happens.

What is your opinion?