New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest temp101

I am using this on a palm treo pro and disabled the Phone as a Modem connection, however it still calls on it and connects with it even though I disabled it with nodata. I even soft reset my phone since it works by editing the registry and no dice. Am I doing something wrong? I want my phone to connect with power vision, not phone as a modem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pbolger

Paul: Great little app on Windows Mobile 6.1, but on Onyx 5.3 I'm getting an error -

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

as NoData.frmMain.PopulateListBox()

as

NoData.frm.Main.frmMain_Load(Objectsender,EventArgs e)

etc etc (I can't work out how to copy and paste this message, so that bit was manually typed).

Any ideas?

Paul B

Guest ahmedfikry
Paul: Great little app on Windows Mobile 6.1, but on Onyx 5.3 I'm getting an error -

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

as

etc etc (I can't work out how to copy and paste this message, so that bit was manually typed).

Any ideas?

Paul B

i have same error too :D

Guest bayadere

Hey there,

I have installed No Data in my HTC Touch Diamond 2 yesterday and it is supposed to be working fine. But now one thing happens, I can't hear any of my calls, except when turning on the speakerphone. When I speak, people hear me, but I can't hear nothing of them. I don't know if this condition is related to No Data's installation or if it is something else. But before installing it I could normally make and receive calls, I would listen clearly all the calls. Can you help me here, guys? Thanks!

I'm going to scream out my ignorance here in a few questions:

I'm in the USA with the Verizon VX6900 (HTC Touch), running WM 6.1 Pro. I got the phone without a data plan - in fact, I have a block on internet access. Yah, this blocks picture messages too, but not phone or text. If I do want to connect, I have to call Verizon and have them remove the block, then call and reinstate the block when I'm done. I just don't want my phone trying to connect by itself.

It sure would be easier to simply hit a button and run a script to allow / block this connection myself. After wading throguh all 22 pages on this thread, I *think* I understand that this app will do that - yes? Is there a better way to accomplish that (not that this app isn't good for me, but it might do too much?)?

I read something about errors caused because something's not unlocked to allow the app to write into the registry. I'm assuming that's a fairly easy fix - can I get a drop-kick in that direction, please?

I also read about the errors caused by not having any settings in the registry when the app tries to change them. Having connected to the internet before, can I safely assume these settings are there? If not, I can call Tech Support (two lies for the price of one!) and see if they can walk me through it - unless there's a For-Dummies primer available here and another drop-kick to direct me?

Many thanks!!

Ed

Guest awarner (MVP)

The settings should be there as the only thing stopping you from connecting to the internet is your network provider.

All you need to do is download and install the small application then it should available to use in your start programs menu.

Guest leinadafc
Hey there,

I have installed No Data in my HTC Touch Diamond 2 yesterday and it is supposed to be working fine. But now one thing happens, I can't hear any of my calls, except when turning on the speakerphone. When I speak, people hear me, but I can't hear nothing of them. I don't know if this condition is related to No Data's installation or if it is something else. But before installing it I could normally make and receive calls, I would listen clearly all the calls. Can you help me here, guys? Thanks!

Seems to be working OK on my Diamond2, able to make calls with it installed anyway.

Newbie, bear with me ;-)

Can someone please give me details instructions how to download this on my Omnia i910? I tried opening this webpage in the browser but nothing shows up.

TIA

Weirdness, your browser is doing something weird then :)

P

Hi Paul,

I downloaded your app as I have the same problem when I'm abroad, the HTC Touch Diamond 2 autoconnecting always when I'm not aware.

Can you tell me how where I should install the extracted RAR file? (I'm a newbie, see)

Regards,Dan

Sorry for being such a DWEEB (not heard that for ages :) ) but I am obviously missing something here

I have just bought a Nokia 5530 for my Daughter, she has not had (or I) a mobile with GPRS of WIFI before and would really like to disable the GPRS but allow her the ability to use WIFI in our home and in hotspots.

I clicked the link and downloaded the nodata utility to the "Installs" folder on the phone memory stick.

Can someone give me a step by step guide as to what to do next to install it and run?

Much appreciate any advice

Steven

Guest mellojoe

A great app!

I have a Samsung JACK (with the new WM6.5 upgrade). It gave me three options:

AT&T IMS

AT&T ISP

MEdia Net

Just by trial end error, I think I figured it out how to configure this thing. I have AT&T ISP enabled, while IMS and MEdia Net are disabled. This seems to block data over the air, but while sync'd to a PC still allows me to get online and download through the PC's interent connection.

Very cool!

Got it on my Verizon XV6900 and it works great!

It seems to be prone to errors if I shut it down using the top right X instead of the EXIT command - I think that was mentioned previously, but I can't find it right now.

I also notice that if I shut the phone off or do a soft reset, the phone turns on with settings automatically enabled. So I think I'm going to put a shortcut fo rthis in my StartUp folder so I'll know to disable every time I restart the device.

Thanks so much!!

Ed

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

as

Same here! Any fixes for that issue?

BR,

s0101

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chris Cooper

Thanks for this app, which I've just installed on my HTC Touch Diamond.

But doesn't the installed Data Connection switch in Comm Manager do the job?

Admittedly, having Data Connection switched off didn't work for me when my phone crashed this morning - DC got switched on and the phone leeched a few pounds off my credit, before I noticed the screen was messed up and I reset the phone. (That's what drove me to install NoData.)

But presumably such a crash could affect NoDAta too?

Chris

Thanks for this app, which I've just installed on my HTC Touch Diamond.

But doesn't the installed Data Connection switch in Comm Manager do the job?

Admittedly, having Data Connection switched off didn't work for me when my phone crashed this morning - DC got switched on and the phone leeched a few pounds off my credit, before I noticed the screen was messed up and I reset the phone. (That's what drove me to install NoData.)

But presumably such a crash could affect NoDAta too?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I had the same problem, any now and then some applications seem to activate the data transmission.

Nodata prevents just that efectively even after a crash.

Dan

Guest jimbob77

Does anyone have any idea why I can still connect to the internet through mediaNet with wifi turned off and nodata blocking the 3 atnt data connections? I can still run the internet I still have a 3g or edge logo on the top.

New Samsung Jack with WM 6.5

Edited by jimbob77

• 2 weeks later...