New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest NickH1982

when i toggle T-mobile internet off, it comes up with a message "connection disabled -YOU will need to manually disconnect if GPRS connection is already active"

What does this mean does it mean it hasnt stopped the connections and how do i do it

Guest manwe

First of all, thanks for this small but very usefull app :D Second - would it be possible to release a little bit modified version? With bigger fonts [finger friendly] and without alerts [after disabling connection and exit confirmation - they are annoying]. Or maybe those two features can be added as options [ ...\NoData.exe --bigfont --noalert ]?

Edited by manwe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iTYLER

Is there any way to turn off 3G data transfer but leave Wi-Fi on? When I use Wi-Fi it often switched to 3G and racks up some huge bills

Guest ftmhcgl

thanks a lot! Saved my money :D

Here's a quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :lol:

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awhe

Hi, the nodata.cab works fairly good on my Diamond. Is it normal everytime I turn on the phone, I have to open the No Data app and toggle the data connection back to Disable? Bell's s/w always resets it. Cheers to all.

Guest marstc09

Sorry I am a newbie. How would I go about loading this program onto my LG Incite?

Edit: Got it! Only question I have is that the 3G logo is still on the phone.

Edited by marstc09

Guest kinzi
This is for Windows Mobile devices not the iPhone

For the iPhone download SBSettings from Cydia

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of computer knowledge. What are "SBSettings from Cydia"? Thanks.

Guest fozzie
Hi,

I tried to install the nodata thing on my iphone and it says safari does not support this. Need help pls.

Thanks

You can't, is what Confuscious was saying. You have an iPhone. This application (and this forum) is not for an iPhone. It will not work.

I suggest Google for an answer to your last question.

Guest Confucious
Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of computer knowledge. What are "SBSettings from Cydia"? Thanks.

Head over to www.modmyi.com where you will find answers to all your iPhone related questions.

Guest therealslimseaniboy

Hi Paul <_<

Could you add the mobile network connection aswell ? For me I have a new Touch 3G on Orange that uses UMA over wifi but with mobile network "on" Orange knows I am roaming and thus I cannot use my plan allowance from abroad, whereas UMA wifi calls only means I'm alot richer than Orange would like its Unique/UMA customers to be ! You have so far solved half my problem roaming LOL. Thanks mate.

FORGET THAT REQUEST PAUL, found RADIOoff:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDownload...load-36226.html

Need to break Orange Communications manager as when you switch Radio off so does the UMA/Unique service ( wifi can only be used by the Unique service not wifi per say - another GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR !! )

Edited by therealslimseaniboy

Guest Damien001

Hey, could this be changed so that the Base mobile (voice calls) signal could be turned off as well so that it only uses UMA/GAN

THanks

Damien

Guest petez1

Hi

Newbie with an Orange Touch 3G. One annoying feature is that if it drops a WiFi connection it goes automatically to using GPRS without any indication (which thens starts to cost !!!)

Is Nodata a solution for this specific phone - if so how do I install it - is it just putting it on my micro card and running it.? I would be really grateful for any help

Edited by petez1

Guest agsteele

I'm just trying the NODATA program.

I noticed loads of folk observing that NODATA needs to be run again after soft reset.

This is easy to fix. I simply copied the NODATA.exe file from the Program Files/Nodata directory and pasted it as a SHORTCUT in the Windows/Startup directory. Now NODATA starts after the device is reset/turned on

Yes, the program needs to be closed to clear the screen but at least it cannot be forgotten :D

On my device I had to create the shortcut on the device as the Windows directory is hidden from a connected PC but some devices you can do this from a connected PC.

HTH

Andrew

Guest agsteele
Is Nodata a solution for this specific phone - if so how do I install it - is it just putting it on my micro card and running it.? I would be really grateful for any help

It's a solution for pretty much all Windows Mobile devices (a few are noted as not working with it).

You install a CAB file in a standard way for all WM devices. One way is to download it using you device and you should get the option to run the CAB. Or you can copy to the device and run the CAB from the device's File Manager.

After it is installed you can delete the CAB file to save space.

HTH

Andrew

Guest Corduroy

Hello, I've been using NoData for some days now, but I think it interferes with me getting my MMS.

I get three data connections available to change with NoData. GPRS, Internet, MMS

In order to get MMS what should I do ? I tried enabling only MMS but this doesnt seem to work.

Also, do I need to manually turn on data connection ?

I have an HTC Rose (s740) and although I can send MMS, I have trouble getting them. They don't seem to get downloaded.

Guest bonanz

I am trying to use this on my htc mogul on sprint, when i run it the only options avialble are "phone as modem -disabled" and "sprint pcs - enabled" and when i disable sprint pcs, it kills the whole phone...

Guest damster

Hello, thank you for this utility.

I have a problem on my HTC touch HD. When i start the program and toggle T-Mobile internet to disabled, i still can use data connections!

Any idea??

Under settings, communications, i can swicth dataconnections on/off. Whats the difference with your utility???

Just wondering and preparring for my holiday :D

Edited by damster

And herein lies the concept of quidapps and donation, pay your quid and tell us what you'd like to see!

Requests I've heard so far...

- No confirmation window on exit

- Command line mode for enable / disable all

- Auto-run when leaving / arriving in roaming

Things I want to add...

- Slightly nicer UI

- New icon

- Disconnect data connection programatically when disabling connections

- Toggle all button

P

Any news in this?

I would also add an shortcut for a fast toggle option.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SPV WOODIE

Hi All

Great app! Sorry but Just one noobie question, I have a touch 3g on orange and I have just flashed the stock htc rom onto the phone so I dont have any orange software :D - what settings do I need to toggle to make the app work?? ;)

Cheers woodie