New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yee_har

Hi. Post #133 refers (pretty long with all the info. so I thought better not to repeat it!).

I'm still having the same difficulty and appear to have the necessary GPRS accounts set up (e.g. continues to retrieve mail).

Could some kind person (possibly a HTC S710/Vodafone v1415 owner) who has this working please help with a step by step.

I thought my phone was "app unlocked" but I'm quite happy to do it (again) with guidance. One particular thing I'm struggling with is, for my v1415 do I need "RemoveSecurity.cab" and/or "SDA Application Unlocker" mentioned in the first post?

Normally I'm pretty good at persevering etc. but I'm having a bit of a brain fart on this one. I don't want to goose the phone by running the wrong thing in the wrong place and I'm off on holiday soon.

Help appreciated.

Edited by yee_har

Guest samplitude

Mate! Thanks for a fantastic app! You've probably costed telcos millions of dollars worldwide...but for the benefit of me...it's perfect!

Cheers!

Guest swedchef

Thank you so much for this little application! - I cannot comprehend why this has not been included in windows mobile for smartphones - here in Denmark, with my current mobile phone provider, i have to pay high charges, and sometimes the phone itself just connects - when i think i'm using wifi, it starts using edge/gprs.. and that's way too expensive when i can connect to my home WiFi.

Again - thank you for an application i have been looking for though some time now!

Kind Regards - SwedChef

Guest medow

Great job man! But i have the problem below with an HP ipaQ 514...

Hi. I'm trying NoData on my Vodafone V1415 (HTC S710) WM6 smartphone.

When I run NoData, I get the 5 profiles listed above (all showing Enabled) and when I try to toggle any of them I get the following error:

"Error

An unexpected error has occurred in NoData.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

Error writing to the RegistryKey"

Under Details, it shows:

"Error

NoData.exe

ExternalException

Error writing to the RegistryKey

at InTheHand.Win32.square box.square box()

at NoData.square box.square box()

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()

at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()

at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()

at NoData.square box.square box()"

Any help appreciated.

Edited by medow

Guest mistahd33

Omg I've been needing this program for SO long,. why the hell doesn't WM come with anything like this... Possibly the biggest gripe about my pda ever since 2003 has been that gprs has its own rules and its own agenda and there wasnt a darn thing i could do to tame it.

To the author: THANKYOU!!! >>SO:)))

Guest Qualquer coisa

Hey Guys, when i run the app, it crashes and shows:

Erro inesperado em nodata.exe, etc.... (details) and (Exit)

If i click on "detalhes", then i get:

Error:

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

em Nodata.frmMain.PoplateListBox()

em Nodata.frmMain.frmMain_Load()

em System.Windows.Forms.Fom.onload()

em System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleNotify()

em System.Windows.Forms.Controls.SetVisibleNotify()

Em Nodata.frmMain.Main()

Any help?

I'm using a Eten Glofiish M700 @ Windows Mobile 6.1 (cooked) - Build # 439

Guest george759
New version: Minor installer update.

P

PAUL,

Your new version, as you so indicate, does it take care of the problems as indicated in my post # 143, as well ??

Thank you :D

Guest george759
I redownloaded and it still works for me, so i'm kinda at a loss as to why it does nothing for you?

:D

P

Thanks for answering.

In your post # 122, you are saying that you would check out the problem of post #121 ( ... I have the same problem), but since then there was no reply from you, regarding this.

I will be very happy, if you tell me that you took care of it, as I consider this application of yours very much worthy but only ... if it works correctly.

Guest lexluthor5

I have a Verizon CDMA Motorola Q.

Should this application work for me?

I tried it and it appears to block the internet (but I do have to reboot first).  Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried it with CDMA phones and if it does indeed work properly with them.

I'm going to Mexico and I wasnt to make sure there's no chance of unexpected data charges.

Guest kenspa

i downloaded this piece of cake, but the setup file extention is .xml, and so far couldn´t install it on my windows mobile 6 on htc touch. I appreciate any help since it sounds a great app.

Guest Confucious
i downloaded this piece of cake, but the setup file extention is .xml, and so far couldn´t install it on my windows mobile 6 on htc touch. I appreciate any help since it sounds a great app.

The file you download is a .cab - copy this to your phone and double click on it. Do NOT try and extract it on your PC first.

Guest squidgie

Hi Paul,

Afraid to say that your little programme didn't work on my HTC Tytn 11 [on Orange]. Seems to continue connecting when it likes!

Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :D

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

Guest Confucious
Hi Paul,

Afraid to say that your little programme didn't work on my HTC Tytn 11 [on Orange]. Seems to continue connecting when it likes!

Did you toggle the connection to OFF?

Guest arjanhartog
Quick, handy little application i've rustled up as i'm off abroad for a few days soon, and don't want to run up a huge GPRS bill.

It lists your GPRS connections, and allows you to disable them so that they won't be used.

Disable your connections before you leave, re-enable them when you return - piece of cake with MoDaCo NoData :D

Note that if you get bizarre registry errors on toggling, you need to app unlock your device (e.g. with SDA Application Unlocker).

P

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

nodata.cab

Nice program Paul

But how do i install it on my phone

It only opens the setup file in html

gr arjan

Guest aalexx

i intalled the programm on my hp ipaq 514 and it works, but if i run it i have to choose a connection and then i have to press toggle but there is no connection to choose what do i have to do ?

Guest L33cher

This is a brilliant little app, thanks so much, i never use GPRS or WAP ect because its SOOO expensive just WiFi, although i was still getting billed as my device was constantly connected if the WiFi wasn't connected.

Thanks so much you have saved me £s :D

Look forward to seeing any future updates...Cheers

Guest just-saving

At long last, I found exactly what I was looking for. It seems to be working ok on my HTC s710. Thank you very muchly :D