New FREE Utility - NoData

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hh_fit

The App works fine on my XDA Orbit2 (HTC Cruise branded by O2)

Some of you already asked about a schedule/timer function, I was wondering if I could start the app with a certain parameter in order to automatically turn on/off the data connections. I could invoke Nodata by another app (e.g. phone weaver) at a given time (run \nodata.exe -[parameter])... this would solve the problem. So what should be the parameter to turn on/off the data connections?

Thanks for your help!

Guest moonbeam076

Hello,

I am new to the tilt phone, as well as using the internet in general on a phone. I downloaded the nodata.cab file onto my phone. However, when using file explorer to open the program and run it this is what it says: There is no applicatio associated with "nodata." Run the application first, then open this file from within the application.

How do I get this program to operate on my phone?? ANy suggestions..sorry for being so ignorant about all of this!

Guest FlangeArtist
Hello,

I am new to the tilt phone, as well as using the internet in general on a phone. I downloaded the nodata.cab file onto my phone. However, when using file explorer to open the program and run it this is what it says: There is no applicatio associated with "nodata." Run the application first, then open this file from within the application.

How do I get this program to operate on my phone?? ANy suggestions..sorry for being so ignorant about all of this!

Try re-naming the file to nodata.cab then executing it again. It looks like the file extension is missing!

Guest Confucious
Try re-naming the file to nodata.cab then executing it again. It looks like the file extension is missing!

Or more likely it's just not displaying extensions of known file types...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awillquik

This isn't working for my phone (HTC Wizard 8125)... it downloads and installs correctly, but gives me a pretty long error when I try to use it. (I'm using a WM6.1 ROM) Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Here is the error that I am getting:

NoData.exe

NullReferenceException

at NoData.frmMain.PopulateListBox()

at

NoData.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object

sender, EventArgs e)

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form.onload(E

ventArgs e)

at

System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibl

eNotify(Boolean fVis)

at

System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visi

ble(Boolean value)

at

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run

(Form fm)

at NoData.frmMain.Main()

And I did successfully run SDA Application Unlock on my phone... so I don't know what the problem is. Please help because I really need this app to work (I have no data plan).

Edited by awillquik

Guest dacto

I would love to play with the source code on this application (running perfectly on my Kaiser) as im currently learning C#.net and im curious with coding for WM, do you think you could allow me the chance?

Guest Confucious

@awillquik - do you have any data connections set up? If there aren't any then NoData can't find any to switch off and errors.

Guest el_marto

'Paul (MVP)' you ARE A GENIOUS!

Many thanks for keppeng me safe from another 300€ " :D internet usage :( " bill!!!!!

Cheers from Berlin!

Guest Roadmaster
Quick, handy little application...............

[Edit 15/01/08: Now added Smartphone support (finally)!]

[Edit 29/03/08: Minor update]

Thanks Paul. I'm new here and have a quick question. I loaded NoData on to my old 8125 (for my kid) and was able to run it after updating dot Net. I turned off all of the data items in the list and it seems to work great (no data connections working). I turned on WiFi and connected to my home network. I was not able to use the web browser with WiFi. Is there a setting that I need to make to allow IE to work over WiFi with all the other data streams disabled? I have used WiFi succesfully on this device in the past.

P.S. I just got a Tilt on Monday and I plan on installing it there as well. Your site is great.

Thank you,

Roadmaster

Guest Roadmaster
NoData shouldn't affect your WiFi connections!

P

As expected, your are correct. I found an error in the network settings, works great now. Thank you for a great tool.