Orange Issues - Post your complaints here

Guest Orange Issues

Guest Confucious

You have to give 30 days notice -if you use the PAC before the 30 days is up then you have to pay the remains of the 30 days. Isn't that all this is?

You have to give 30 days notice -if you use the PAC before the 30 days is up then you have to pay the remains of the 30 days. Isn't that all this is?

No. Thats what I had assumed would happen, but I contacted them on the 1st day of my billing cycle and paid off the remaining months of my contract. So, I had paid my contract for the coming month on my previous monthly bill (line rental one month in advance) and all subsequent months (seperately by Switch) and I ended up PACing my number after about 12 days but on my subsequent bill there was a seperate charge Orange Number Transfer or something like that.

I was surprised also! Someone else posted about this at about the time I was PACing my numbers but I assumed the same as you, that it was simply the cost of paying off your remaining contract, but there was definitely an additional charge. I will try and dig up the bill at some point.

Guest Orange Issues
Just posted this in the Hermes section but would love to know the answer

"BTW, Orange charge you for leaving! I don't know the exact cost but as well as paying off the remaining month of that contract they also levy a fee. If you happen to transfer your number before day 30 of the PAC validity then they charge you on a per day basis. Bloody annoying and I would love to know the justifcation for it! In fact, I think I will ask Orange Issues."

dr who, this is how it works:

every single customer with a contract mobile has to give 30 days notice to cancel the agreement.

When the customer asks for the PAC, this is the start of the 30 day notice period.

If the new S.P should arrange a porting date, say 15 days after the customer asked for the PAC, then even though the number will move to the new network on this date, the customer still needs to pay for the other 15 days line rental under the terms of his agreement.

Whatever the date the customer ports out, they will always be charged 30 days line rental, starting from the date of their original request.

hope this helps

every single customer with a contract mobile has to give 30 days notice to cancel the agreement.

When the customer asks for the PAC, this is the start of the 30 day notice period.

If the new S.P should arrange a porting date, say 15 days after the customer asked for the PAC, then even though the number will move to the new network on this date, the customer still needs to pay for the other 15 days line rental under the terms of his agreement.

Whatever the date the customer ports out, they will always be charged 30 days line rental, starting from the date of their original request.

hope this helps

Hmmmm, I was fairly sure that I ordered the PAC on day one of my bill cycle, in which case I have already paid the line rental for that month in the previous months bill? I am going to check this and see, although made a bit more difficult by buying one handset out of contract four months early!

Guest andyfitter
I had errors on my data charges once and like NikLP's bill they made no sense whatsoever.

Nik used 83Mb of his OWU bundle. In data charges he has been charged for 90Mb of WAP and a few Mb of Orange Internet. If OWU relates to WAP data he shouldn't be ccharged for that or if it is all GPRS data then no data charges should appear. The only way to get things to work as billed is if he has got OUW off peak but that is not mentioned in the T&C's, IIRC.

As I say none of the numbers added up on one of my data bills but since they keep no record of access times and the like it was impossible to say what had or hadn't been fairly charged.

Just had my first full bill with OWU and it makes little sense too. Here are the selected hilights...

Orange World Browsing : Unlimited browsing

Megabytes available at beginning of period 1000.0000

Inclusive megabytes used 100.5347

Service Plan megabytes next period 1000.0000

Megabytes available next period 1000.0000

data charges

Originating network Place called Call class Megabytes Cost

Orange Orange WAP Data 0.1253 0.000

Orange Orange Internet Data 105.7019 3.300

This seems to say I've used 100 or 105 MB, depending upon which part you believe. I just spoke to premier CS and their explanation was:

"OWU is only for browsing the Orange World portal site, and that explains the 100.5437 MB. I also managed to use 105.7019MB off portal, connected to the internet, and I was billed

Why didn't I go to T-Mobile when I had the chance!

The offer didn't fill me with confidence and I have had problems with Orange data before - they had applied two data products to one handset which is apparently 'impossible' and I hadn't noticed for about 18 months with a total cost of about

data charges

Originating network Place called Call class Megabytes Cost

Orange Orange WAP Data 0.1253 0.000

Orange Orange Internet Data 105.7019 3.300

My bill looked like yours - but on mine the data was all under Orange WAP per my bill - but see my post above - and anyway, if it was all under orange wap then how come they could split it between inclusive and additional? Oh yes, sorry, another one of those Orange mysteries......

My bill looked like yours - but on mine the data was all under Orange WAP per my bill - but see my post above - and anyway, if it was all under orange wap then how come they could split it between inclusive and additional? Oh yes, sorry, another one of those Orange mysteries......

Having re read the posts above, should I be setting the M3100 to use the Orange WAP APN or the Orange internet one? (Orange Issues??) If the terms of OWU refer to WAP then I am assuming it should be the WAP one. Any thoughts?

Guest andyfitter
Having re read the posts above, should I be setting the M3100 to use the Orange WAP APN or the Orange internet one? (Orange Issues??) If the terms of OWU refer to WAP then I am assuming it should be the WAP one. Any thoughts?

I deleted my Orange WAP APN entirely as bizarrely, you can't properly access the Orange World Portal through it - if you don't use 'Orange Internet' it says it doesn't recognise you.

It now looks like if you route traffic through the Orange WAP APN you don't get billed, even if traffic is external, but if you go through Orange Internet, you do, but in some strange unaccounted for way.

Makes very little sense I must say.

Guest jasonbye
what do you guys think of the general 2G/3G coverage? dropped calls etc?

I find Orange's 3G coverage poor in relation to Vodafone (in the East of England) For wiring pictures this becomes a huge pain in the arse. You need to get some agreements about using their masts.

Very rarely have problems with dropped calls.

Customer Service is nothing like what it was a few years ago. In the 90's you gave photographers data cards as beta testers and were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable regarding data issues. Not any longer. Collective amnesia seems to be the order of the day particularly with regard to what was actually promised on a contract deal (OWU) I had to point out about mis-selling of contracts to sort it out. (Remember endowment mortgages?)

I've been with Orange for 12 years and only just remained due to the retention's dept sorting things out. Now a month later I am having to backtrack over what had already been sorted. Somehow, I wish I'd given T-Mobile a go.

Guest CaptainZok

After terminating my orange account I assumed I had paid all charges due. Some weeks later I recieved a bill for around

Edited by CaptainZok

I deleted my Orange WAP APN entirely as bizarrely, you can't properly access the Orange World Portal through it - if you don't use 'Orange Internet' it says it doesn't recognise you.

It now looks like if you route traffic through the Orange WAP APN you don't get billed, even if traffic is external, but if you go through Orange Internet, you do, but in some strange unaccounted for way.

Makes very little sense I must say.

I noticed that too, however losing the Orange World Portal is a price I am happy to pay for access to the web on my unlimited tariff. :rolleyes:

hope this helps

My bill ran from 22nd to 21st.

My account showed MNP PAC (Debit): 02 Sep

Guest spence15

I have been with Orange for six years and am counting down the months until I can leave Orange for Tmobile or anyone!

I live in a fairly central city location but have constant calls dropped both inside my house and when out and about. My phone, Nokia N70, constantly crashes and even though I pay the

• 3 weeks later...
Guest markdotpeters5

When I can get out of this Orange contract, I will NEVER be an Orange customer again.

This is mainly due to them advertising 'up to 8mb broadband which is unlimited if you pay an extra £10 a month' transforming magically into 'oh, actually, you can only get 2mb which isn't actually limited at all, as we're going to introduce a FUP which we never actually mentioned the details of until you're in contract!'

(other ISPs will do 24mbit on my exchange, and I previously could sync at 18mbit, and yes I know about all the differences of ADSL MAX, ADSL2 etc...)

That along with:

Terrible customer service from MOST staff (the guys I spoke to yesterday were great, but, alas, still couldn't help).

The inability to see how many minutes you have from their most recent promotional bundles. If 3 can do it, why can't you!

Extortionate data charges which O still don't seem to bother changing, so those of us stuck in a contract just go without for the most part.

ALWAYS waiting at least 10 minutes to get through to a human.

I'm just fed up with it all. Rant over!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest properclubber

Maybe you can help me as I have had no luck with customer services.

A couple of months ago a company called Sky Blue Connections rang me to offer me a 10% discount on my tariff if I upgraded, which I did. I then received a bill from Orange a month later for about £86. I rang Orange who informed me that my tariff had been changed to a text only tariff! I know this is Orange's fault because when I spoke to one of your customer services representatives called Paulo he let it slip that it was someone by the surname 'White' who he said was an orange representative then he put me on hold and when he came back he said he didn't know who had changed my tariff! Bit dodgy!

I continued to receive 2 months more worth of high bills (about £60) before orange changed my tariff to include free minutes. I have just had to pay orange £130 for 2 months worth of bills! Sky Blue Connections have been very helpful and even sent me a cheque for half of the amount of the first bill and have been trying to sort my bills out. I want a refund and compensation for orange's mistake as this has left me in debt and I have an 8 month old son to provide for. I wrote a letter to Orange Correspondence dept 2 months ago and haven't received a reply!

Please help me, I don't know where else to turn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest pd.ryder

Mr Issues seems to have gone very quiet since 17th October - probably mulling things over :D

Why is 'he' so interested in coverage and call-dropping? I reckon he's been sent by The Management to undertake a survey which will probably end up indicating 99% of customers were "Very Satisfied" with these issues :D

Mr Issues - I too will be leaving Orange for T-Mobile after over 15 years. The Company has transformed itself from one of the most innovative providers to a 'take-the-money-and-run' bunch of robbers! I mean, why assist with the development of some rather tasty communication tools, 'extensively test' them (I say that very loosely) and then strangle the life out of them with rip-off data charges? If T can do it, so can you guys.

The numpties (I say that in a caring way :D ) at OCS would rather chew off their right arm than admit a customer knows more than they do about how a device should function and will not entertain the idea that "it really should do what it says on the tin". I think the phrase "we don't support that feature" will be eternally etched into my soul and is generally applied to any function that doesn't involve a network charge.

If T can provide me with a shiny new Vario II for £39.99 with loads-a-mins (and texts too), UNLIMITED (subject to fup) internet access (not poxy wap) for £30/month, why do O want to charge me over £200 for the same device with no internet access? Same deal for existing customers? Pah!! The M3100 doesn't even show on the Upgrades page of the website.

Been there, done that, had enough thanks. It's been nice knowing you (mostly).

Incidentally, just how many pages of wap information do you get for 90Mb? It would take you a lifetime to browse that many wap pages (and who would want to - its all cr*p anyway) let alone in the 2 hour window NikLP identified. I suspect this just *might* be a billing error, but, once they've got your money they don't like letting it go again no matter who's fault the error was.

Grrr :)

/rantover

• 2 weeks later...
Guest duke_stix

hey

mainly here, i'm referring to the 'waiting for 45minutes to get through to customer services' problem it seems a lot of people are having.

My dad has had an orange contract for about 11 years now, back when '3' started first, he was going to change, but orange, changed his contract for him and now offer him 500 xnet minutes, 100texts for 25 quid a month. on a 'personal' contract used for business.

we got a M600 off orange in july, so far, its been swapped out for a replacement 3 times and is due to go for another swap out tomorrow morning (screen issues-seems like a loose connector)

put simply, it goes like this.

fault found on phone

ring up orange, (get through in UNDER 5minutes, i dont know why some people are having to wait soo long!)

explain problem

they tell us to remove battery and stuff, and have handset ready for collection from an address of our choice, give them the imei of the phone,

wait for them to collect and swap out for a brand new handset.

is it just a 'freak' chance that we've never really had any bad service from orange?! (they even offered the m600 as a FREE upgrade for him but we had to change over to an 18 month contract)

(2g) reception is really good, (apart from some areas, but then o2 and t-mobile even cut out in those areas)

calls have dropped with the sim in a motorola razr but never so far in the m600.

all in all, i'd actually like to THANK orange for the customer service they provide!

i've heard of really bad experiences, but thats been about it!

and they've also been really helpful with resolving issues too.