Orange Issues - Post your complaints here

Guest Orange Issues

Guest duke_stix

hey

just dial 450 from dads mobile, doesnt really say its any 'special' customer services.

have once dialled the standard 'pay monthly' customer services from a land line (yesterday in fact) and it went through right away.

Guest pd.ryder
hey

just dial 450 from dads mobile, doesnt really say its any 'special' customer services.

have once dialled the standard 'pay monthly' customer services from a land line (yesterday in fact) and it went through right away.

Gotta be worth asking - but is your Dad anyone we might know? Prince Charles? Brad Pitt? You know, a somebody? :)

Guest duke_stix
Gotta be worth asking - but is your Dad anyone we might know? Prince Charles? Brad Pitt? You know, a somebody? :)

lol.

nup, he's just a regular average joe! lol. might have something to with the fact that we own our own business and they are aware that the phones used for business calls perhaps?

i just find it really odd that sooooo many people on here are getting well, crap customer service from orange! they've always actually been quite helpful!

and i think it depends WHEN you decide to call too! always best to call between 5!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest philgriffiths

Hello all! my current gripe with Orange is as follows.

a month or so ago I called orange about my SPV C600 and the fact that the joystick was so knackered i couldn't use the phone anymore... They went through there "are you stupid" questions, like have you dropped it, have you tried taking the battery off, have you thrown it into the nearest erupting volcano etc, until they finally said "Okay then , we can send you out a new phone, it will be with you tomorrow, just remove the battery bla bla bla."

New phone arrives on time as expected and is swapped. The new phone proceeds to freeze up at every given opportunity, including during phone calls. Also when frozen calls will just ring out and not even go to my answer phone (found this out by ringing it when frozen from my home phone) So I'm back on the phone to orange.

I tell them what happened and the guy i speak to asks me the same stupid questions as before, until he goes... "okay we can send you out a new phone this evening" Great i thought so he starts arranging it, then casusally slips into conversation that i will be charged a £15 admin fee. I paid this the first time they changed it and had no issue with it then, however i this occasion i explained that since the phone is having to be changed because you sent me a duff one and that I had already paid a £15 admin fee for Orange to fix my problem, but all they had done was exchange one problem for another i would not be prepared to pay it again. "Oh okay" he says, "I'll just have go through that again..."

that was when i was mysteriously cut off...

Back on the phone talking to a woman this time who starts from the begining and asks me all the same dumb questions again but this time arrives at a different answer "okay what i'm going to have to do is forward your details to our technical support line and get back to you in the next few days" So I ask her why she is going to have to go to technical support when the other guy was going to send me out a new phone. she checks and says its because the first guy and put it down as i had a broken keypad (despite the fact when i intially spoke to her she said there was no record of the other guys having spoken to my on my account.) I play my face a little and tie up this woman in metaphorical knots but realise i am not getting anywhere and resign myself to waiting for technical support.

two days later i get a call back from the above woman who rather smugly tries to tell me my phone is freezing because i have installed too many programmes onto it and that i should just delete some and it will work fine. she almost about to hang up on me when i point out that the phone has had nothing installed onto it, has no text messages saved on it and nothing that wasn't on there when the phone first arrived. and all that was irrevelent anyway since it had been freezing from the first day they sent tit to me. "Oh okay" she says "I didn't put that on the emil to technical support the first time... i'll add that on and send it back to them and get back in touch with you in a couple of days. Why she didn't put that on the message to technical support in the first place when i clearly told it her the first time around i do not know.

It's been at least two week now and i've heard nothing. I know i should phone them up and chase them but I live a very busy life and work some really unsocialble shift rotas and i just don't have the time and energy to devote a morning to sitting on he phone to orange.... that is at least not until today.

and thats just my gripe with Orange mobile... I have another with Orange broadband which im still fuming about.

Guest markdotpeters5

I'm very happy to say that I've ditched Orange broadband, and will be ditching my phone contract with them next month.

I can't wait to be free! Not sure what other network to go with though, I expect it will all depend on the available handsets at the time :)

• 2 weeks later...

not so much a gripe as a request/plea if anyone from orange is still listening....

those of us who have got the m3100 deserve to have some good news for a change. t mobile gave their costomers the vario 2 first, decent data plans, HSDPA, and far less hassle to boot. as HTC have released the new rom update to the telecoms companies, please can we have the new aku update asap? I realise wm6 is not gonna happen for us, but come on and at least do this. eventually as people come towards the end of their contracts anyway, people will upgrade to a different rom if orange don,t release one . but come on, having stuck with orange thru the lousy customer service, and fight for a decent data plan, don't we deserve at least something?

Guest sxywill2005

Well Orange hasn't released a lot of Win Mo handsets or keeping its promises. The HTC Oxygen would of been a nice seller on PAYG for under £100, but Windows Mobile handsets don't really offer the style or the media capability of some other manufacturers. Thats why Orange should be getting more Samsung, Motorolla and supporting smaller brands like Asus and Gigabyte which Vodafone slowly seems to be doing.

Price plans are a little confusing, why not make voicemail free for all? I have a dolphin £35 (18) plan which seems far better value than the rest, the only thing missing is voicemail.

Data charges are way too high! BT are offering more roaming data with their broadband. Surely Orange can offer mobile data for free? I have my mobile and broadband from Orange. I wouldn't mind a special deal for a "BT fusion" type service with my livebox. Can a special deal be made for Orange Contract customers in regards to data? £5 extra would be a killer if you could do that, but I wouldn't mind paying up to £10.

Orange have been promising TV for a while. I hope this isn't going to be TV which you watch on your PC through livebox. A nice STB like the BT Vision one would be nice.

Customer service is extremely poor. I was left for 3 months without broadband which is appauling. Escellations (high complaints with the landline number) were very nice to me and got it sorted out within 20 days and actually listened. Why can't you have more people like them on?

Stop 0845!!!!!!! By the time I have gotten through to someone, I might as well have paid someones pay for an hour when I will be on to a CSR for a few minutes for them to basically say tough ****.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cooky

Hi everyone,

i got a brand new sony ericsson k800i with a new orange USIM card for my birthday a few days ago and it was delivered yesterday i tried to register it last night on orange.

it went fine and at the end they said that they would send 4 text messages and i had to read them, delete them then turn it off, take the battery out, leave it for 10 seconds then put the battery back in and turn it on and it would be all set up for orange they said that it would take within 24 hrs for the messages to come.

BUT, ive been waiting for a day and they still havnt come. i rang orange and they said they would send the messages again.

My phone was delivered and on this piece of paper it says the phone has a security bar so i sed to the woman maybe thats the problem and she just sed i dont understand and then said that wont be it and that was it.

Has anyone else had the same problem and how was it resolved?

By the way I AM ON THE BRINK OF MOVING TO O2 as i have never heard anything like the bad service and high amount of technical issues that come from orange.

and if this isnt sorted out within 2 more days i will be on the phone to those poor technical support people at orange making sure its sorted out.

These technical issues with orange always happen to me and i thought it was just me that every problem under the sun happened to but i found out that many people have poor support from orange and loads of technical issues.

Edited by cooky

Guest cooky
Hi everyone,

i got a brand new sony ericsson k800i with a new orange USIM card for my birthday a few days ago and it was delivered yesterday i tried to register it last night on orange.

it went fine and at the end they said that they would send 4 text messages and i had to read them, delete them then turn it off, take the battery out, leave it for 10 seconds then put the battery back in and turn it on and it would be all set up for orange they said that it would take within 24 hrs for the messages to come.

BUT, ive been waiting for a day and they still havnt come. i rang orange and they said they would send the messages again.

My phone was delivered and on this piece of paper it says the phone has a security bar so i sed to the woman maybe thats the problem and she just sed i dont understand and then said that wont be it and that was it.

Has anyone else had the same problem and how was it resolved?

By the way I AM ON THE BRINK OF MOVING TO O2 as i have never heard anything like the bad service and high amount of technical issues that come from orange.

and if this isnt sorted out within 2 more days i will be on the phone to those poor technical support people at orange making sure its sorted out.

These technical issues with orange always happen to me and i thought it was just me that every problem under the sun happened to but i found out that many people have poor support from orange and loads of technical issues.

i take that back now i rang orange again and t to a bloke this time and he was really good sorted it out in less than a minute so i reckon it all depends on who you get and this guy i think made it work because he said he took the security bar off so hes dunit

legend

Guest tpedge

I took out on a contract on March 1st, and M3100 on Panther 75. The assistant manager that served me told me that it included unlimited off-peak data usage for the duration of the contract. I spoke to Customer Services a few days later and they mentioned that it was only for the first two months. I went back to the store on the 11th to cancel my contract and was told that there was no way to cancel an upgrade contract as there is no fourteen day cooling off period. I was also told that if I came back the next day when the guy that served me was in I would be told the same thing. The only way out of the contract was paying the line rental for the entire contract, over £1000.

I rang Premier Customer Services, they apologised and said they couldn't do anything but they could offer me 4Mb a month as an appeasement and told me I had to go back to the store. I wrote a very formal letter to Orange explaining the circumstances and that I had been mis-sold. I went into the store on the off chance this morning and spoke to the guy that served me and he apologised and agreed to cancel my contract but he said that he couldn't refund the upgrade fee. I told him that was fine provided I could keep the handset, then he agreed to refund my £50 upgrade fee to. So I didn't post the letter and I shall go back tomorrow with my phone boxed, formatted and ready to return.

The outcome seems to be what I wanted but I am so unimpressed with the runaround I have been given. Having been a loyal and high-usage customer to Orange for the last five years, I've had enough with the way they treat existing customers. I'm off to T-Mobile as they offered me their equivalent phone for £10 and a package comparable to Orange's Panther 75 but with unlimited data at all times for about £30 less a month.

Guest Simon G
Right, following on from all the complaints I have read on this forum, the time has come to launch a dedicated post which will aim to answer questions/complaints etc on the Orange network. This includes poor coverage, dropped calls, poor customer service etc and this will be fed back within the hierarchy.

So feel free to post and questions/comments and I'll try my best to answer and or escalate.

Can we please limit to sensible questions/comments - no abuse please!!!!

cheers

I have been an orange customer for around 9 years (at least). I tried a pack two years ago for 200 mins and 500 texts on 2 phones £35 per phone per month. All was well until about 18mnths into the contract (renewed) when i got a bill of 175ish. When I complained I was told the texts were a 12mnth introductory offer, they did not have to inform me they were turning them off.

I took another tariff, 400 mins and 1000 texts, this kept on ok. I got a call from uk upgrades offering to upgrade my phones (on behalf of orange). I asked about future upgrades, I was told it would still be every year, I asked about tariff changing, again I was told no problem. So I got two Nokia phones, Both on 400 mins and 1000 texts, after approx another 6 mnth I got a large bill.

I rang up to complain, again to be told it was an introductory offer. I asked to change my tariff and was told I could not. I explained I could not pay the bill. They siad they could offer a solution, two payments. I accepted, My phones were put on incoming calls only, my phone insurance cancelled (unbeknown to me) and apparently my credit rating affected.

I then asked what would happen when I settled the account only to be told they will look at my tariff.... I am outraged that my tariff could not be altered in the first instance to stop monthly bills well in excess of 100. But after screwing up my credit rating orange can do something.. I will not be renewing my contracts. As far as I am concerned its dispicable

• 6 months later...
Guest montythefull
Hiya,

Just a quick question really, I'm on pay as you go - only been on 3 weeks though seems more - With the free texts offer, when do you recieve them? Is it roughly from when i joined or is meant to be from the end of the month?? Just a quick question, but very good idea for aa topic.

goochy1

Well I had similar questions and managed to get an Orange assistant on the BT land line(almost a miracle) he not only explained that these offers are month by month usable IE if you don't add dosh to account you lose them But also this is the same with Magic numbers. I was charged 71p for a 2 min call and discovered that I was still being charged as when I joined about 10 yrs ago, I have now upgraded to recent tarriff so its woth checking these things.Also the £10 additional dosh is date sensative so ask them.

• 2 months later...
Guest stephen carr

mad.gif I have recently noticed that Orange have been billing me £34 a month for a number ive never seen before.

They claim that they only have records back to feb 06 and cant find a confirmation of me having activated this number.

This has been going on since 2006, before anyone sez so i know i should of noticed it in the last 2-3 years buti just pay by direct debit.

They have offered 3 months back as COMPENSATION, but the actual sum paid is closer to £1200. Does anyone think i have a case for claiming the money Back

progress.gif

Guest Stuart_f
mad.gif I have recently noticed that Orange have been billing me £34 a month for a number ive never seen before.

They claim that they only have records back to feb 06 and cant find a confirmation of me having activated this number.

This has been going on since 2006, before anyone sez so i know i should of noticed it in the last 2-3 years buti just pay by direct debit.

They have offered 3 months back as COMPENSATION, but the actual sum paid is closer to £1200. Does anyone think i have a case for claiming the money Back

progress.gif

When I do financial records at work I am required to keep all records for 6 years for VAT purposes. Reference: http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/aio/413891

If Orange are saying they only have records for 1 year then they are in breech of VAT regulations and I suggest you find the name of the person who told you this and report them to HM Revenue, I'm sure they would be very interested to know.

You'd be surprised how quickly the missing records would appear after that.

In the current situation I cannot see how Orange can hold you liable for any monies since they cannot prove the debt. The fact that you have paid it complicates it somewhat as you now need to get it back from them! Speak to a solicitor or go for a small claims court judgement.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest darrengf

Was with Orange for over 8 years until i left to go to o2, and what a massive different it has been.

Customer care:

Iin the last 2 years i was with them, customer care was shocking, rude, unhelpful, didnt know what they was talking about.

One time i had 2 customer service managers call me back do to a serious violation in my account due to 2 staff.

You was on hold for over 45 mins to be either cut of, or greated by a customer care agent who didnt care one bit.

My bill was wrong for over 6 months and took a further 3 months to put right after.

Orange sent me 3 cheques back saying that the money was mine, when it clearly wasnt. (Overseas Customer care sent me the cheques)

I contacted orange on 4 occasions about these cheques were not mine, I was told to cash them by the spervisor as they are.

1 week later i get a red threatening letter saying that i owed them money. It took me 3 phone calls and a letter to put it correct.

Shop staff where i live are still rude to this day, un helpfull and tell the customers the wrong information.

Twice i had to get onto the phone and lucky enough i got a manager on one occasion who spoke to the shop on my behalf and i dont know what they said but i got an appology.

Tarrifs:

There confusing and im sorry i dont apprecaite to be called a dolphin, racoon etc.

Also there is no mention any way on any info that Orange charge for a delivery report of 1p, MMS are the dearest of network and when you are abroad i would leave my phone at home now.

Ripping customers of by charging per min when abroad and not for the first min and then seconds after wasa an insult.

Orange are the only network to my knowledge that charge you when you are in usa for dialing home and the home not being answered.

example, £1.10 for listening to the ring tone back home hoping some one will answer.

Do orange customer care tell you this or even heard of this, what do you think!! Took me 2 months to get a answer from orange regarding this and then the response was useless.

I can go on and on but i wont on this one.

** Network:

Very good on 2g and very good on 3g. Never really had any problems with this.

** Phones:

I hate Orange branding, it looks horrible and it does more harm to the phones than anything,

They remove items and that stupid side screen that they put on is the most anoying thing ever.

I also dont see why i should have to pay to have my phone unlocked at the end of the contract, this should be free as a thankyou for staying with them.

I know some other networks lock theres too but let orange one of the first to start doing it for there customers.

Orange used to be a solid and best performing network, customer care was high on the list. However they now come bottom of most surverys for customer care, and now only the 4th biggest network in customer numbers. once was one of the largest.

If customers leaving you in numbers doesnt wake any one up there, then nothing will.

Customer care and cost are my biggest problems and i know still are for many. Sorry to say i dont recomend and taken all my family, friends over to o2.

O2 for me are a breath of fresh air, i get more mins, more text, i can use my text bundle to send mms as well, I can even use my bundle from abroad!!

Customer care are superb, helpful, cant do enough for you, shops are pleasent and willing to go that extra mile.

The network for 2g is much better than orange, however the 3g is no where as good. But at least when in a 3g network get to make a video call and now mins come out of my bundle mins for normal voice!!

O2 have become clever in offering things for customers all in one tarrif and there payg tarrif are gr8, ok orange match them

but 30 mins to get though on customer care to o2 answers in 10-15 seconds. mmm which one do i go with.

Sorry for going on, but you asked. I wish you good luck as if this realloy is going to help orange make a come back then im all for it, If you want any more and i can give you much more then i will be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

^Great Post

Do they really charge for delivery receipts? that seems a bit tight.

Left Orange as the customer services were going down hill. I couldn't believe how helpful Vodafone customer services were, I assumed they must be putting me through to some specialist team.

Guest Confucious

Nice to hear Voda CS are good - so are T-Mob. It's a shame as O used to win awards for CS but now don't seem to care unless you are a business customer.

Guest jimbouk

O's new boss (The founder of Virgin Mobile) has said that his mission is to concentrate on putting the customer first. They are reducing the focus on cross selling broadband etc and aiming to concentrate on customer-centric stuff.

Be interesting to see how successful it is and how quickly it can make a difference.

But he's keeping the animal tariffs...

BTW, I have actually found O to be fine but I have been on "premier" tariffs and thus had quick answers to CS. I was particularly impressed when they saved me £40 a month recently with their best tariff thing.

Guest Confucious

That's good news jimbouk. They seem to have been ignoring 'normal' (ie not premier/business) customers recently. Let's hope they can get back to where they used to be.

Guest smith2001

Well heres my orange issue.

Why is it orange only give out 2G sim cards with the Sim only deal ?

I have tried many times to get a 3g sim card for my breeze so i can use the net faster etc but each time i am told "to get a 3g sim card you have to have bought a 3g phone from us"

I find this really bad customer services seen as though the other 3 major networks send out 3g sim cards as standard now. why is it orange have to be different?? in a bad way too !!!

Rant over

Any ideas though?

I joind Orange in December when I started doing world tours alot more. I had my heart set on The TyTn II which I got, and so far, all of my bills have an extra £20 on them from international calling ... I havn't been international yet, so I asked if this was a monthly add on that I didnt actually ask for ... no, my minutes were going over according to them, as were my texts, but my bill said I wasnt. They didnt add my Internet browsing pack and I was directed to India to get a cocky man saying that it was my fault that I had gone 20mb over ... sodding 18month contract that I would give them back everything and pay off my contract if they would let me leave today :) ... and Orange Broadband sucks ...

• 2 months later...
Guest juelz

Anyone who wants to go on orange DON'T! its as simple as that. I went on to orange in dec 08 and all its been since then is hassle and lies, heres why: 1: i never asked for any additional bundles, but they decided to give me three anyway all charged at around £3, 2: i used 30 minutes outside my allowance of minutes, i got my bill through and it was £123.45, so you lot from orange are a bump man, you ain't getting no more doh from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE Juelz.