Pairing a BT GPS reciever

Guest mj82

I hope someone can help, I have been trying to pair a bt gps receiver with my ipaq running wm5, i have read various instructions on the web but none of them seem to work, i can pair on my htc wizard ok but the options within the ipaq bluetooth settings are different, can someone please explain what i need to do, as i am pulling my hair out. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
Guest johnmurr
I hope someone can help, I have been trying to pair a bt gps receiver with my ipaq running wm5, i have read various instructions on the web but none of them seem to work, i can pair on my htc wizard ok but the options within the ipaq bluetooth settings are different, can someone please explain what i need to do, as i am pulling my hair out. :)

Guest johnmurr

Hi Newbie,

I also am a newbie and this is my first post so I hope it works. I use an IPAQ hx2490. IO use it for its Bluetooth capability and for gps. I have two Emtac GPS units and both work fine with the IPAQ. I found if you just have one you don't actually need to pair them; the IPAQ will just pick it up. If you pair them, you must have the PIN number for the device. It should be in the cd somewhere. Try the index. If you can't find the number try 0000 or 0183. The new Emtac's are 0000. Once you hve paired the devices there is a screen to find that has four or five enabling choices. Make sure you check file transfer underServices and choose also the correct port (usually 8). Under Accessability check "allow other devices to connect," "all devices," and "other devices can discover me." Check also "use pocket PC devices name. You may also have to tell your software which port to use. There should be a setup screen and the ports are usually 5 for the hardware and 8 for receiving. The 8 is the one you need to plug in. Hope this helps.

BTW I use Fugawi Global Navigator and TomTom Navigator 6

Johnmur

Edited by johnmurr