New Battery for O2 Exec/ HTC Universal & other issues

Guest wovens

Hello,

I am new to the HTC Universal/ O2 Exec but already am thinking of buying a new battery and cradle/charger to keep as spare. I am a heavy mp3/bluetooth user. Has anybody tried the larger 3200mAH battery that comes with an extra cover to accomodate the larger-sized battery? Or should I keep to the standard battery size?

I am also finding the OS very unstable even though I am trying not to fill the memory up so much. I have a big SD card that I use to a great extent but sometimes the phone does not recognize the card when the memory is low or it freezes altogether and only comes back if I reset it.

If I try to charge the phone through USB, it always try to synchronize; I wish this was done on demand instead of automatically.

Any thoughts? Please enlighten me!

Regards,

Wovens

Guest matt1971

I am new to the HTC Universal/ O2 Exec but already am thinking of buying a new battery and cradle/charger to keep as spare. I am a heavy mp3/bluetooth user. Has anybody tried the larger 3200mAH battery that comes with an extra cover to accomodate the larger-sized battery? Or should I keep to the standard battery size?

I believe you can now buy a separate charger for a spare battery. Myself I wouldnt want to make the device any larger than it is so I would buy an official replacement battery with the charger. However if youre finding the battery runs out of juice too quick then a larger battery might be your only option.

I am also finding the OS very unstable even though I am trying not to fill the memory up so much. I have a big SD card that I use to a great extent but sometimes the phone does not recognize the card when the memory is low or it freezes altogether and only comes back if I reset it.

The SD card is not connected when the device powers off (due to WM5). So if apps are on the card that were open before you shut it down they will have then closed when next turned on. As a rule never install apps on SD card that require today plugins or are part of system startup or have altered the system in any way. i.e I install plugins, themes, phonealarm (profiles for phone settings), apreminder+(Repeating alarms) into the main memory and mainly games onto the SD card.

If I try to charge the phone through USB, it always try to synchronize; I wish this was done on demand instead of automatically.

If you're using the USB sync cable to charge then this will always activate activesync. The new version v4.x forces a sync every few minutes - there is a hack to prevent this or you could just buy an external charger without the need for the connection to the PC.

Hope this helps.

Matt

I believe you can now buy a separate charger for a spare battery. Myself I wouldnt want to make the device any larger than it is so I would buy an official replacement battery with the charger. However if youre finding the battery runs out of juice too quick then a larger battery might be your only option.

The SD card is not connected when the device powers off (due to WM5). So if apps are on the card that were open before you shut it down they will have then closed when next turned on. As a rule never install apps on SD card that require today plugins or are part of system startup or have altered the system in any way. i.e I install plugins, themes, phonealarm (profiles for phone settings), apreminder+(Repeating alarms) into the main memory and mainly games onto the SD card.

If you're using the USB sync cable to charge then this will always activate activesync. The new version v4.x forces a sync every few minutes - there is a hack to prevent this or you could just buy an external charger without the need for the connection to the PC.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Thanks Matt, you've shed some light on the SD card problem. At one point I though the SD card was damaged or not compatible but I tested it with other devices and that was definitely not the case. I will search for an official replacement battery.

Regards,

Wovens.