FinalBurn for WinCE 0.014

Guest masterall

Guest Neo1975

I Just found this Emulator and I must say that it is Awesome !!. Kudos to the Master !!!. I Have setup correctly on my HTC Tytn and have been enjoying the Street fighter games that i coudln't get to work using PocketCultMame. I am trying to setup up the Combo keys option, I have copied the Macros.dat into the Cfg directory and the game recognises the file and displays the combo names but when i assign them to a button they don't work. I have been fiddleing with this for a few hours now trying all different options etc. Do the words used in the dat file for the combo's on the Pocket PC version need to be different ?.

Can anyone help me out with this ?

Thanx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest masterall

It seems a long time from last update, there is a good news for you. The new fully optimized cpu core makes cps3 games running much more fast than before. It reaches full speed on my pxa270 400M phone, however, sound is not perfect. The demo version is attached, the formal version will be released very soon :D

Edited by masterall

Guest Zeiram
It seems a long time from last update, there is a good news for you. The new fully optimized cpu core makes cps3 games running much more fast than before. It reaches full speed on my pxa270 400M phone, however, sound is not perfect. The demo version is attached, the formal version will be released very soon :D

How much memory is needed for CPS3 Games? I get a driver init error because of low memory?

Guest mikeeey

thank you masterall!!! It's great to see you back again!!! :(

Does this demo version include the new fast core? or will the formal version include it?

The Burner that you uploaded is actually slower on my tilt :o

I'm very disappointed with my Tilt, it using the Qualcomm processor doesnt recognize anything, and it cant seem to produce graphics very well, im sure many people are aware of the qualcomm problems now, but now im stuck with this phone, and it sucks! i wanted it for gaming, and that is not what this device is good with.

I hope a new fast gaming pocket pc will be out soon. Nvidia is releasing a ppc that plays quake 3 at 60fps with dynamic lighting, acceleration, it looks great! but there is no keyboard. I guess i will keep waiting.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest PolloLoco
thank you masterall!!! It's great to see you back again!!! :D

Does this demo version include the new fast core? or will the formal version include it?

The Burner that you uploaded is actually slower on my tilt :(

I'm very disappointed with my Tilt, it using the Qualcomm processor doesnt recognize anything, and it cant seem to produce graphics very well, im sure many people are aware of the qualcomm problems now, but now im stuck with this phone, and it sucks! i wanted it for gaming, and that is not what this device is good with.

I hope a new fast gaming pocket pc will be out soon. Nvidia is releasing a ppc that plays quake 3 at 60fps with dynamic lighting, acceleration, it looks great! but there is no keyboard. I guess i will keep waiting.

Mikey, I just wanted to add that the article on the Nvidia device was only a demo - not even a phone yet. Devices with that chip will go out this year, but actual phones using it won't come out until Q1 next year. Which means it may be until March - and even then, perhaps not American providers yet.

Masterall, I'm eagerly awaiting the full version of 0.012. Thanks!

Guest name123

Hello to all and special greetings and thanks for your good job emulating CPS3 to Masterall. In my 2750 hp 624 MHz processor runs at good speed, just a little bug in the sound, but I am very pleased by the progress. 

One question, it would make possible the CPS3 run on a PSP with a 300 MHz processor?. 

greetings

Guest ashram

wow....on my tilt there is a HUGE jump in performance on cps3 games (sf3 3rd strike specifically). now i need a gamepad for my phone!

music in sf3 is understandable but still a bit distorted.

gameplay on the other hand.... i don't see my buttons working much longer as it's nearly full speed! (with no sound) i think my only real bottleneck now is the read speed from my mico sd!

Guest melvin99

Great release Masterall!

I'm using a T-mobile Dash to play 1944, and can play it at full speed without crashing.

However, the game is run through with green and blue lines, except for the cinematic cut scenes.

Anyone else with a Dash having this prob?

Guest PolloLoco

Holy crap, I'm seeing a big improvement on this release. I'm using an HTC 6700 overclocked to 624mhz

SFIII is so close to full speed that it doesn't matter to me. It's extremely playable, and since I'm not very good at it - the slight slowdown is probably an advantage. ;-)

Also - the sound is great for me. Not perfect, but I'd still give it an 8 out of 10.

Great release Masterall. I just tested it at work - and was so excited that I forgot where I was for a second. I'd have hated to get caught.

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest DisgruntleElf

Awesome masterall! NeoGeo games play full speed with sound on my Giz now. If it wasn't for the occasional crackling, sound would be perfect. Thank you so much for continuing on with this amazing emulator.

Guest mikeeey
wow....on my tilt there is a HUGE jump in performance on cps3 games (sf3 3rd strike specifically). now i need a gamepad for my phone!

music in sf3 is understandable but still a bit distorted.

gameplay on the other hand.... i don't see my buttons working much longer as it's nearly full speed! (with no sound) i think my only real bottleneck now is the read speed from my mico sd!

cps3 does have a huge improvement, but with sound it doesnt sound that great. But have you tried any non cps3 games? it actually slower. Try metal slug for example, then try metal slug with the version before this. This one is slower..

Guest ashram
cps3 does have a huge improvement, but with sound it doesnt sound that great. But have you tried any non cps3 games? it actually slower. Try metal slug for example, then try metal slug with the version before this. This one is slower..

i tried it with some cps 2 games and they were smoother.... haven't tried the mvs roms yet... but then again... i'm not using the stock at&t rom on my tilt.

Guest mikeeey

Im not either, im using dutty's WM6.1 April 29th Build.

Which are you using?

I cant even play Metal Slug at an enjoyable framerate with sound. :D

Guest ashram
Im not either, im using dutty's WM6.1 April 29th Build.

Which are you using?

I cant even play Metal Slug at an enjoyable framerate with sound. :D

i'm using WM6.1 ATT 214 ROM _ Ryncppr Version V5 _ DIAMOND APPEAL

but just tried the only mvs game i have and you are right. even though cps 2 and 3 performance is great, mvs seems to have received a quick kick to the crotch! viewpoint is totally unplayable, and it's an older mvs title, so it should run much better....

Guest mikeeey

unfortunatly, with sound, nothing is enjoyable on my kaiser. i cant play anything without sound skipping and lower framerate. :D

looks like i may just have to wait for my next Pocket PC whatever and whenever that will be.

Guest dario69
unfortunatly, with sound, nothing is enjoyable on my kaiser. i cant play anything without sound skipping and lower framerate. :D

looks like i may just have to wait for my next Pocket PC whatever and whenever that will be.

You are not alone. Even the older, faster ppc's run this stuff too slow with sound enabled. I don't know if this will ever get resolved until the ppc's with video drivers are supported by both the oem's and then the developer's.

Guest Zeiram
You are not alone. Even the older, faster ppc's run this stuff too slow with sound enabled. I don't know if this will ever get resolved until the ppc's with video drivers are supported by both the oem's and then the developer's.

I dont know what you expect or how it works on your devices, but it runs very playable on mine... A Dell X51v and a Gigabyte GS800...

Thanks alot Masterall!

Guest dario69
I dont know what you expect or how it works on your devices, but it runs very playable on mine... A Dell X51v and a Gigabyte GS800...

Thanks alot Masterall!

I don't expect much but when people say they are getting full frame rates with sound, I just do not believe it. I believe it plays okay on your Dell just like my hx4700 - same cpu. Masterall does not have support for yours or my graphics chip so I am sure both pda's are doing the same thing performance wise. Sound kills the performance IMO. Not knocking Masterall's coding capabilities though - this is the best emu ever in my opinion. But sound with any emu is going to slow things down.

Guest Slerpy

I really don't know what any of you are on about.

Seriously, on my OLD, yes OLD (2003/4 ?) Ipaq 2210, 2Gb SDCard, I'm currently running SF3 New Generation, with sound, and zero skipping issues. Overclocked Xscale to 533, mind.

The only slowdown I've seen, is when it needs to access the SDCard, to check to see if your SDCard is fast enough. Even then, it's only for a few seconds, every now and then.

The only thing I would moan at is that the cache creation is incredibly slow.

Are we going to see a PC update to fbauds that supports all the new game additions ? This would help speed up the cache creation on a desktop PC, so I can copy this cache to the SDCard.

Great update, though. :( I never thought I would see CPS3, running sooo well on my Ipaq. This little thing just keeps amazing me, and all for £75 with a cradle and 2Gb SDCard, second-hand.

May have a Axim X50v, on the way if the guy actually wants to sell it. Unless, someone here in the UK has one :D

Edited by Slerpy