ActiveSync Suddenly Broke...?

Guest chaznet

Guest chaznet

My ActiveSync connectivity just stopped. Worked well with my SDA, and the first few days with my Dash without issue -- then it stopped. Times out when connecting, then says it's unable to connect -- when I run the testing utility option that pops up, I'm told Outlook must be installed. It was before, and still is -- nothing has changed.

I tried unintalling and reinstalling ActiveSync, no luck. Anyone run into this before...?! :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest chaznet

Um... the SDA is a WM5 device, so that might answer your question. Thanks for your input though.

It wasn't related to the version of ActiveSync, but rather involved un-checking the 'Enable advanced network functionality' option in the USB to PC settings screen on the device.

Why this worked without issue the first couple days is a mystery to me, but it works now :)

And do you have the right Active Sync installed? WM 5 devices need Active Sync 4.0 and higher because they work in TCP/IP mode.

Guest djcreedy

I always come accross this when im testing.

Its a wm5 issue.

At first i thought it related to the usb port, as once it was fixed by putting the cable back into the first port that i connected it too.

But this solution stopped working.

The only way ive found to truly fix this everytime is to uninstall ActiveSync, delete any left over registry settings, hard reset the device.

I realise thats a bit over kill, but rather than spend time messing around with it, this fixes it straight away.

Guest chaznet

Wow -- I like my way much better, takes 2 seconds and solves the problem...

I always come accross this when im testing.

Its a wm5 issue.

At first i thought it related to the usb port, as once it was fixed by putting the cable back into the first port that i connected it too.

But this solution stopped working.

The only way ive found to truly fix this everytime is to uninstall ActiveSync, delete any left over registry settings, hard reset the device.

I realise thats a bit over kill, but rather than spend time messing around with it, this fixes it straight away.

• 2 months later...