Few questions

Guest touficjohn

Guest touficjohn

Hi.

Was hoping someone could help me out on the following:

- ActiveSync seems to load whenever it wants randomly. I dont use M$ exchange so I know its not that, but why the hell does it keep loading up. Also every time it does I get a message saying it cant assign an IP address within the network or something... Checked my ipsettings and their absolutely fine.

- My battery doesnt seem to want to last very long... One day tops moderate usage. Screen brightness isnt too high... Any tips?

- Has anyone bought a cradle for their VarioII?

Guest richard_d
Hi.

Was hoping someone could help me out on the following:

- ActiveSync seems to load whenever it wants randomly. I dont use M$ exchange so I know its not that, but why the hell does it keep loading up. Also every time it does I get a message saying it cant assign an IP address within the network or something... Checked my ipsettings and their absolutely fine.

- My battery doesnt seem to want to last very long... One day tops moderate usage. Screen brightness isnt too high... Any tips?

- Has anyone bought a cradle for their VarioII?

Don't know the answer to the first one but...

On the battery life have read of the extended_battery thread, but essentially switch off bluetooth, wi-fi AND IR. Excessive polling for email also seems to have a negative effect. You should easily get a day of moderate use, I can get two.

Cradle wise - I've got one of the cheap circular ones off ebay - not sure what to say - it charges the phone, has a blue led and holds the phone at a nice angle...

Richard

Guest touficjohn

Ive got BT, WIFI, and IR off nearly all the time... Though PO is set to check for new e-mails every hour.... hmm...

Edited by touficjohn

Guest richard_d
Ive got BT, WIFI, and IR off nearly all the time... Though PO is set to check for new e-mails every hour.... hmm...

Every hour shouldn't be a problem - I poll every 15 mins... Do you have anything else running that regularly searches for a 3G/GPRS connection?

Guest touficjohn

NewsBreak I think thats set at 15min... Will double check.

While I'm here would anyone know how to sort contacts by first name? As opposed to last name?

Guest richard_d
NewsBreak I think thats set at 15min... Will double check.

While I'm here would anyone know how to sort contacts by first name? As opposed to last name?

You have to do it on PC Outlook then sync - AFAIK it can't be done on the device.

Async is nearly always running on my phone. Kill the process, nothing obvious happens, but next time I check the running programs list there it is again.