HTC MteoR / SP JAS / Dopod: "Good" phone ?

Hello,

I am a bit concerned by the following:

There are various reports here and elsewhere that the HTC MteoR is losing settings every couple of boots.

Is this a confirmed bug like the screen alignment bug of the HTC TyTN ?

If so, are also the SPJAS and the Dopod affected from it ?

Also it is noteable that the Breeze forums are quite empty compared to the forums of any other MS (HTC) smartphone or PocketPC Phone.

What does this mean ?

Does this phone not sell too well ?

If so: Which is the reason ? (There is ALWAYS a reason why a product does not sell well !)

Compared to a Qtek 8300 (which I currently own for more than a year now), how could the MteoR be qualified in terms of: Battery lifetime, audio quality, quality of the display, lack of serious bugs - all features you rely on if you use a device in your daily life (and do not buy it just for experimenting or having a hip device) !

It is strange to say:

But currently I would not see any MS Smartphone (I am NOT talking about a PDA phone, whose form factor is larger and whose operation mode is different: no dedicated one-hand operation etc.) around which would fully convince me as the follow-up model of my Qtek 8300 !

(Well the Mteor has UMTS in addition, which would be a good argument to migrate; but definitely not at the "expense" of serious other bugs.)

How come that the Qtek 8300 (after the AKU2 upgrade) is an absolutely reliable phone (call it work horse), offers good audio quality, acceptable battery lifetime, good overall performance and compatibility - and there is no clear follow-up model I can see ???

Guest staffann
Hello,

I am a bit concerned by the following:

There are various reports here and elsewhere that the HTC MteoR is losing settings every couple of boots.

Is this a confirmed bug like the screen alignment bug of the HTC TyTN ?

If so, are also the SPJAS and the Dopod affected from it ?

I haven't suffered at all from this problem with my HTC MTeorR, but there are problems. My phone (and some others - read the thread on battery life) have problems with the phone loosing connection with the mobile network. It sometimes says "serching", "no service", or "start service". When you reset the phone everything is all right and I often have full signal strength.

If I was you, I would wait until there is a firmware upgrade, with some feedback on the forum reporting if the problems are solved. As far as I can tell the hardware seems fine, so I think some bug fixes are all that is required.

Guest awarner (MVP)
Also it is noteable that the Breeze forums are quite empty compared to the forums of any other MS (HTC) smartphone or PocketPC Phone.

What does this mean ?

It means it's a new device. The phone has not been released long and it's not hit the main networks as yet.

As for a replacement for the 8300 it's all down to preference, ie do you want a 3g enabled smartphone? or are you just after a new gadget? Because of WM5 which the 8300 has it's still early days for a real leap in technology. Quite often some apparent bugs are soon fixed with ROM updates etc but as I

@ alexnvidia just saying the HTC branded version of the breeze "sucks" without giving any reason does not really help. Can you expand on your views as to why you think it "sucks"

Guest alexnvidia
@ alexnvidia just saying the HTC branded version of the breeze "sucks" without giving any reason does not really help. Can you expand on your views as to why you think it "sucks"

for starters, awarner, htc meteor has no forward facing camera for 3G video call. what's the point of 3G phone when you can do video call? then it comes to future proof issue.. htc meteor has NO HSDPA/3.5G enabled although the hardware clearly supports it (MSM6275 if im not mistaken). also the way htc meteor advertisements tricked users into buying that phone (with quadband GSM triband UMTS,etc etc etc, all BS)and there are soo many problems surrounding that phone(battery drain issue,loosing data settings,etc etc) while users of i-mate SPJAS and dopod 595 faces no such problems. do the math, need i say further? do some research first please. <_<

Guest awarner (MVP)

It's not the fact of doing research, more posted information will help other people who may come accross this thread.

As for video calling, how many people actually use this feature? I do not know of a single person who uses video calling on a regular basis if at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reinhardt

i have a mteor for a week.

untill now it has never lost the settings and believe me i kept on playing with it. i did a hard reset too because i did something stupid with a home screen and its plugins.

the battery is NOT draining like i've read here and on other forums. i use it a lot and it keeps for 3 days before re-charging.

and regarding the signal?? most of the time i have more than 2 lines on the screen so this means a good strength.

i'm not taking sides here but believe me, i had a N80 before and i don't have any regrets for changing to htc.