T-Mobile Dash caller photo id is poop.

Guest Ghost_1

Guest Ghost_1

Just like the title says. I went from an Imate Jam with a very nicely designed and simple to use caller photo id app to the T-mo Dash's sorry excuse for a picture for a caller photo ID.

I've tried numerous settings different size pictures and yet I still get a picture as small as my micro sd card that comes on the screen. What use is that? That and the annoying T-Mo bacckground makes it even harder to see. it's all poop if you ask me.

So, if anyone knows of a better photo caller id app, preferable freeware cause I'm a cheap SOB, or maybe I'm setting up something wrong let me know.

I got so used to the Jam's photo caller ID I guess I took it for granted. I'm not sure that the HTC S620 has the same problem but if it comes with an app, take some pics.

Thanks!

Guest Ghost_1
yea i agree man, it's kinda lame

Yeah, you know what I find really funny when I did my first few searches I came up with nothing. I just did a search a few minutes ago, what I found was that every windows smartphone has this problem. It really sucks that HTC or T-mobile didn't do anything about this. Poop, if you're going to take functionality somewhere, the jogr, then pit it back in somewhere else.

Hopefully someone makes an app or figures this one out, cause I find it sper annoying.

Guest jfreiman

for me, the built in photo ID support it's sufficient.

I have over 400 contacts syncing to my phone, maybe 80 have photos, logos, or other images associated with them.

Not they are not very large, but they are sufficient and if they were any larger which I assume would be a priority on any 3rd party programs, I feel as if all of my storage would be gone and my device would therefor slowdown.

Guest Ghost_1

I have over 400 contacts syncing to my phone, maybe 80 have photos, logos, or other images associated with them.

Not they are not very large, but they are sufficient and if they were any larger which I assume would be a priority on any 3rd party programs, I feel as if all of my storage would be gone and my device would therefor slowdown.

I agree with you, but I would like the picture to bigger then my fingernail. lol

• 2 months later...

...the photos are taken at whatever resolution your camera took it at, or whatever the source file is. The built-in Photo ID simply displays that image file. The fact that it is so small on the screen has to do with the Photo ID application and not the resolution of the file. I took a picture with the the built-in 1.3MP camera, and the resolutions is obviously much larger than what is displayed, especially since after taking a picture the camera app pauses to show you the results. It fills up the whole screen. Theoretically, the Photo ID app could fill up the whole screen with the photo if it wanted to. Heck, it could do with a small image, it just has to zoom.

And so the problem lies in the Photo ID app and not the resolution of any images. Your images will stay the size they are, and the app can choose to fill up a larger area with the photo independent of the resolution.

• 3 months later...
Guest Venom79
...the photos are taken at whatever resolution your camera took it at, or whatever the source file is. The built-in Photo ID simply displays that image file. The fact that it is so small on the screen has to do with the Photo ID application and not the resolution of the file. I took a picture with the the built-in 1.3MP camera, and the resolutions is obviously much larger than what is displayed, especially since after taking a picture the camera app pauses to show you the results. It fills up the whole screen. Theoretically, the Photo ID app could fill up the whole screen with the photo if it wanted to. Heck, it could do with a small image, it just has to zoom.

And so the problem lies in the Photo ID app and not the resolution of any images. Your images will stay the size they are, and the app can choose to fill up a larger area with the photo independent of the resolution.

This isn't actually the case. When switching the camera to "Contact Photo" mode. You can still adjust the resolution at which the pictures are taken. I have mine set to 640x480 (the largest resolution available in this mode), and it still displays the tiny picture on-screen for incoming calls. In this case, there is no zooming required to display the picture when taken... quite the opposite. In any case, I too am looking for any way that I can increase the picture size for incoming calls, as well as a way to replace the background.

Guest merwin

This is an Outlook issue, not a T-Mobile Dash issue. Go into your PC Outlook and add a photo to a contact. Notice something? Ding! The photo is tiny, just like on the Dash.

You'll also notice that if you sync with an outlook server, all of your contact photos will sync as well. I'm not sure about you, but I kind of like that part :rolleyes: