Updated Vista / WMDC / CF 3.0 compatible CABviaActiveSync now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TheNerd
Not working for me!

Every cab I've tried gives me the error message: "Access to the path 'C:\Windows\WindowsMobile\' is denied"

I'm getting the same! I have given the files full control permissions and listed it as a safe executable with my firewall. :rolleyes:

Edit: Anybody know of a fix?

The error message: "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\CABviaActiveSync\CABviaActiveSync.exe' is denied"

Install file: CABviaActiveSync-1.5-Setup.exe

Mobile: HTC Touch HD, Win 6.1

Edited by TheNerd

Guest TheNerd

Finally got it sorted: I hadn't given the folder the right permissions after all. I had only given the Administrators permission. :)

I had to right click on the folder C:/Program Files/CabViaActiveSync then select Properties, Security tab and give the "Users" write permission. (scary :rolleyes: ) It works fine now.

• 5 months later...
Guest Shadowfixeruk
Finally got it sorted: I hadn't given the folder the right permissions after all. I had only given the Administrators permission. ;)

I had to right click on the folder C:/Program Files/CabViaActiveSync then select Properties, Security tab and give the "Users" write permission. (scary :D ) It works fine now.

Just to confirm - this is also the case on Windows 7 - atleast the RC!

SF

• 7 months later...
Guest Rufus Thorne

Vista problems solved:

Goto the install location (Program Files) locate the program executable (CABviaActiveSync.exe) right click -> Properties -. Compatibility and selsect 'Run this program as an Administrator' - on 32 bit (x86) systems, the path is "C:/Program Files/CABviaActiveSync" and on 64 bit (x64) systems, the path is C:/Program Files (x86)/CABviaActiveSync" by default.

You *will* encounter problems disabling UAC, since NT 6 (Vista) operates on Principle of least privilege, and thus requires clear distinction between administrative processes and normal user ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Wombleuk

I've just installed 1.5 onto my Windows 7 machine and I'm getting the same old error as post #9.

I was going to uninstall it and try 1.3, but I can't find it in add/rremove programs!

:(

Just installed on XP SP3. I've used this app for a long time (thanks) but just got a new PC. Every cab file I try to install results in "file not found".

I'm having the same problem Paul, also running WXP SP3. Any clue as what might be going on? Also tried using the 1.3 nag version and I get the error "Unable to install .cab...". This little app seems AWESOME and I'd really love to get to use this.

Any advice? Thanks man.

Anyone? <_<

I've tried v1.3, v1.4 & v1.5 and the all gave different error messages! Why isn't it working as supposed to? Please explain how to troubleshoot this or what do you check when you give the "File not found" error in the latest version.

I've looked around in Google and there are more than a couple of users having the same issues.

Thanks again

• 2 years later...
Guest yamnaka

hello

thanks for this software

im with

PC ............................windows vista 64 bits

pocket pc..................hp ipaq h6300

since one day (yesterday )

im going testing this software

thanks

please contact me

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.