Samsung Blackjack (i607) Sim Unlock?

Guest rkdiddy

Guest rkdiddy

I figured someone has had to of hacked this thing to SIM unlock it. I picked the phone up on Thursday and I'm dying to try it out...but I need to SIM unlock it first so I can use my T-Mobile SIM.

HELP! ~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spartanrob
I figured someone has had to of hacked this thing to SIM unlock it. I picked the phone up on Thursday and I'm dying to try it out...but I need to SIM unlock it first so I can use my T-Mobile SIM.

HELP! ~

I requested my unlock code from Cingular, they submitted it and said I should hear within 5 days.

Guest The PocketTV Team

I received my free Cingular BlackJack Sim-Unlock code today by email (after i asked Cingular Customer Service).

If you have subscribe to any international service from Cingular, you are elligible to get the free SIM-unlock code.

The mail i received came from a company called "West Outbound Care", and the subject of the mail is just my IMEI number.

The instruction in the mail are not completely accurate, so you must go very slowly and check what you do, because if you make a mistake 5 times, then they say the phone becomes hard-locked (i.e. impossible to SIM-unlock).

I was able to successfully SIM-unlock my BlackJack :) :D :D

The SIM-unlock code depends on the IMEI code of the phone, so i think it is unique to my phone and won't work on any other BlackJack.

the message was: (i replaced all the codes by 9)

First we must give you warning before starting process. You have 5 tries to enter this code into your phone. If you go beyond the 5 tries your phone will not be able to be unlocked.

Samsung X497

Step Action

1 Power on the handset

2 #9999999*999* 99999999# [this code is NOT real, it is a dummy example]

3 Press the SEND key

- display should read "Personalization Cancelled"

- if the display reads "Not Yet Personalized" the handset was already

unlocked

Notes:

1) The BlackJack is not a Samsung X497 but a Samsung SGH-i607 - ignore that!

2) After the second star in the code (i.e. where the SPACE is), a strange little window appears on the display with title: "Network Lock" and the text "Enter Network Control Key". The second part of the key must be entered there.

3) You should press OK, not Send! If you press the Send (or Dial) green key, just press the BACK button to go back to the "Network Lock" window and then press the soft-key under OK.

4) The messages are different from those indicated in the mail, but they have similar meaning.

Good luck!

Edited by The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team
It is unique it doesn't work for me.

in my posting above, i replaces all the codes by 9's, so of course this code will not work!!!

i indicated that in the previous post, so DO NOT TRY with that dummy code, as you only have a limited number of tries.

Guest The PocketTV Team
I still haven't received an email from cingular, guess i'll have to call again.

you are elligible only if you have an international calling plan. do you have one?

also, the mail comes from "West Outbound Care" and the mail subject is the IMEI number. maybe it landed in your spam box?

Edited by The PocketTV Team

Guest spartanrob
you are elligible only if you have an international calling plan. do you have one?

also, the mail comes from "West Outbound Care" and the mail subject is the IMEI number. maybe it landed in your spam box?

OK, i called back and within an hour they called me back with my 8 digit code. But how do i enter it? Based on the info above, there are much more than 8 digits.

OK, i called back and within an hour they called me back with my 8 digit code. But how do i enter it? Based on the info above, there are much more than 8 digits.

Normally, you would just insert a non-Cingular SIM and the phone will ask you to enter your unlock code. Looking at the post above, maybe we can get The PocketTV Team to give us the real digits for first two sections of 9's? They appear to just take you to the screen where you can enter your unlock code. Only the unlock code would be unique to a given phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest crcastle
maybe we can get The PocketTV Team to give us the real digits for first two sections of 9's? They appear to just take you to the screen where you can enter your unlock code. Only the unlock code would be unique to a given phone.

Here are the first sections of that key sequence. Note that this is NOT the unlock code, but just the key sequence that takes you to the screen that accepts the unlock code. You still need to get the unlock code that is specific to your IMEI.

1. Turn phone off.

2. Remove SIM card.

3. Turn phone on.

4. When phone is done booting and idle, enter:

#7465625*638*CODE

Replace CODE in the above with the 8 digit unlock code supplied to you for your phone's IMEI.

• 5 months later...
Guest m8cca

FYI. Just unlocked mine.

The confirmation message I got read:

Network Lock

Info

Successfully Disable Locking Status

OK

And after the SIM unlock my carrier name now said (AT&T) where previously it still say Cingular. Not sure if this is related to the unlocking or if they updated something about my SIM on the server side. I was using my Cingular issued SIM from before.

Edited by m8cca

Guest The PocketTV Team
And after the SIM unlock my carrier name now said (AT&T) where previously it still say Cingular. Not sure if this is related to the unlocking or if they updated something about my SIM on the server side. I was using my Cingular issued SIM from before.

this is unrelated. Cingular changed its name to AT&T, and now all the phones on the Cingular network now display AT&T.

Guest cstmx_ryder

Does anyone know the SIM unlock code for the BJ if we're not signed up for international calling plan? I'm going to Vegas in July, and was wondering if I get my SIM card unlocked does that mean that I won't be on Roaming when I make calls in Vegas??

Guest TheHelios
Does anyone know the SIM unlock code for the BJ if we're not signed up for international calling plan? I'm going to Vegas in July, and was wondering if I get my SIM card unlocked does that mean that I won't be on Roaming when I make calls in Vegas??

Cingular has free roaming so LV shouldn't be a problem at all.

You would only need to SIM unlock if plan on placing another carriers SIM card into the phone.

Also, all SIM unlock codes are unique to each phone, so you can't just use someone elses.