Desperate for a Birthday Reminder

Guest pna

Have been a PPC user for years but this year made the switch from PPC to Smartphone. My smartphone can do pretty much everything that I used the PPC for and is considerably smaller so I'm a happy man.

The one thing I cannot find anywhere is a birthday reminder for my today screen - I don't use Outlook but I do have hundreds of contacts for whom I have saved a birthday in their contact.

I'm rubbish at remembering these and PPC have several today apps that remind you x days in advance so you don't forget.

Can't believe I'm the only bloke who's rubbish at this type of thing - anyone know of a solution !!!!

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions, however

...the first one looks like a full Agenda management tool which I'm not after and which would only remind me a few hours before the birthday.

...the second on (Kai's) doesnt show anything on the today screen (I think) and does either birthdays, or anniversaries - not both.

Not sure the product I'm after exists for the smartphone - any other suggestions greatly appreciated!

My app "John Cody's alerts!" will allow you to setup up to a week "pre-alert", and it will display the appointment on the homescreen:

http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/default.asp

Hi John

Great app you have....but would I have to input the dates again as new alerts or will it pick them up from my contact fields...in which case I'll be buying it today !!!!

Paul

Guest johncody

Hey Paul,

Unfortunately, it doesn't integrate with outlook contacts that way - you would need to enter them manually in alerts!

Sorry. But, it is a good idea, so I will add it to my future feature list.

-John Cody