M3100 DISPLAY TOGGLE

Guest johnniewalker

Guest johnniewalker

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this :)

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of changing the display view from portrait to landscape without having to open the screen?

I've just ordered a screen mount bracket and have now realised that although the bracket rotates the display would still be in portrait mode even if I can swivel the bracket to hold the phone in a landscape angle! doh!

The bracket I've ordered doesn't allow the screen to slide open either, so when I use tomtom I would like to be able to view it in either display mode, I don't need to access the keyboard though so the screen can stay closed.

Is there a 'secret' toggle button?

Guest richard_d
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this :)

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of changing the display view from portrait to landscape without having to open the screen?

I've just ordered a screen mount bracket and have now realised that although the bracket rotates the display would still be in portrait mode even if I can swivel the bracket to hold the phone in a landscape angle! doh!

The bracket I've ordered doesn't allow the screen to slide open either, so when I use tomtom I would like to be able to view it in either display mode, I don't need to access the keyboard though so the screen can stay closed.

Is there a 'secret' toggle button?

settings/system/screen/general

Guest johnniewalker
settings/system/screen/general

Thanks for the reply, I tried this and it does work (for using tomtom I chose landscape left handed) but if the screen is opened and then closed again the display reverts back to its normal orientation.

I suppose this won't really matter, it's just a case of changing the setting when I want to use my m3100 in the car!

Maybe there is a freeware app lurking around that might do this better, I read elsewhere that 'ilauncher' can do this and lots of other stuff!

Guest jonhitch

I remember on the Imate JAM (and similar) there used to be a button on the today screen to do this. I wonder if any of the clever developers have a CAB to add this back in?

i use the comms button

"settings", "buttons", allows you to reconfigure the button, the drop down list at the bottom has rotate screen as an option, any of the hardware buttons can be reconfigured

spv m3100

give it a try

rivets

• 1 year later...
Guest billingeuk

I have also set the comms button to rotate the screena nd been using it like that for over a year. However, I have just this week downloaded the latest Rom update from Orange, and now the screen rotates the wrong way (ie the opposite was to opening the keyboard).

Anyone else encountered this? Any ideas how to rectify?

thanks

BillingeUK