Is there a working navigation software for the Excalibur?

Guest rope

Hi,

has anybody info about a working navigation software on the Excalibur?

as Paul has mentioned (>here<) TomTom 5.2 and Navigator 6 don't run in a usable way.

Has anybody tried out Route66?

Since they have listed the Moto Q in their supported phones list and show a picture of a Samsung SGH-i320 running Route 66 my hopes are high that it's running on the Excalibur.

Or does anybody know any other solution that works?

Thanks for your help

Edited by rope

Guest awarner (MVP)

Route 66 should work, TomTom 6 is not designed for the device so it would be a waste of money buying it.

I don't think CoPilot are up to speed with the newer resolutions as yet.

Route 66 should work, TomTom 6 is not designed for the device so it would be a waste of money buying it.

I don't think CoPilot are up to speed with the newer resolutions as yet.

Thanks for the keyword "CoPilot" - never heard of it before

Found a special version of CoPilot Live 6 T-Mobile Dash Software but it's not available yet.

Also found a thread at xda-developers that route 66 still has a keyboard issue and the support said they will release an update "soon"

• 2 months later...
Guest onimenogarou
Thanks for the keyword "CoPilot" - never heard of it before

Found a special version of CoPilot Live 6 T-Mobile Dash Software but it's not available yet.

Also found a thread at xda-developers that route 66 still has a keyboard issue and the support said they will release an update "soon"

Co-Pilot Live 6 T-Mobile Dash version is up now.

Guest Thomas Winterman

Hi,

i tried TomTom & Navigon.

Navigon did not work at all.

TomTom - i had a problem (since i don't have an org. tomtom gps mouse) to choose the right com port.

now i got Route 66 and it works perfect - Better and faster then TomTom & Navigon.

Route 66 Mobile 7 WMS - 59€

hf

TW

• 9 months later...
Guest beartard

Nokia's "Smart2Go" software works fairly well for kinda-free. The navigation package with voice directions requires a subscription. Free or not, it requires a data connection as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tushar54

Dash comes with MSN Live Search and it works just fine for navigation and searching different items. I get a bluetooth GPS receiver on eBay for $40 and it works as good as any stand-alone GPS device using MSN Live Search.

You can also try Navizon which is a free software. IF you are downloading Navizon, please use my referal code "5D575C5A5756".

Thanks a bunch.

Guest firefox1

hi everybody!

About one month ago I've installed Route66 original on my S620/excalibur/dash and everything was fine and great, I've used it a few times since two days ago when it started to show some problems:

all the information about the road near the map during navigation didn't appear in any way and the "loading circle" of windows rested on the display (loading what??). I disinstalled and re-installed but then it crashed before opening.

I disinstalled it again and so I did for many of other programs I had in my smartphone to free memory and space..I put again route66 on and now it starts but it tells me it's impossible to load tha map (the same I used before!!) because the "memory is insufficient"!!

How can I solve it?? how can I "clean" it to free memory or "pump it up"?

My S620 has WM6, if i do a hard reset it turns back to WM5? (and I loose even all the contacts and the SMS/mail right?)

Thanks everyone for the time...

Guest firefox1

solved...

I read in a forum here on modaco and in another one that the number of SMS stored in the phone can cause some "strange" problem with Route66. It's incredibly true!!! I delete (but I'm not so happy...) quite all the SMS and it works again. I can't say which is the "limit number"...but it's unbelievable that some messages which have a "total weight" near to 1 kB can increase such a large software!!

Guest corfou

R66 is nice, easy to use but very slow on 620 if used with large map like western europe (1.85G). Searching for adresses is too long.

Garmin Mobile works fine as designed for SP. U can travel from yr phone contact list. Map is smaller (1.3G), but I don't like the look.

TT6 is the most efficient. Even if a Fake Cursor is needed. Small map (1G), very fast but u must create a specific contact list.

ViaMichelin is a pain in the a**

iGO My Way 2006 + is not working on SP

Hoping this can help you

S620 WM5 2GB Storage Card + TomTom Wireless GPS MKII

Guest SteveMW

I've been using CoPilot Live 6 (and now CoPilot Live 7) since October (2007) and love it. The only problem I had with CoPilot Live 6 was the lack of advance notice for turns but I was able to adjust that. CoPilot Live 7 is a little heavy on the menus but once you're familiar with them they aren't too much of a nuisance.

The tracking, accuracy and detail of this applicaton is fantastic, on par with Destinator 7 which I run on my iPAQ xh4700. Once I got CoPilot on my Dash I was able to leave my iPAQ home (once most of the other critical application I needed were installed). I'd highly recommend CoPilot Live 7. If you get CoPilot Live 6 don't forget to download the patch that makes it work with the Dash (it was written for the Motorola Q so keyboard mapping is a problem until the patch is installed).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chargedRam
Hi,

has anybody info about a working navigation software on the Excalibur?

as Paul has mentioned (>here<) TomTom 5.2 and Navigator 6 don't run in a usable way.

Has anybody tried out Route66?

Since they have listed the Moto Q in their supported phones list and show a picture of a Samsung SGH-i320 running Route 66 my hopes are high that it's running on the Excalibur.

Or does anybody know any other solution that works?

Thanks for your help

Read my post for set up of Smart2go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=360483

• 1 month later...
Guest SteveMW
CoPilot 7 should be Excalibur friendly?

P

Yes, it is completely compatible and supported by ALK.

All: Not all software that is "Q compatible" will work with the DASH, especially if it depends on keyboard navigation.