...Online Mobile Stores...

Guest shakini

Guest shakini

I've purchased a few contracts from online stores in the past and they've always been rather good.

The last purchase I made however has been an absolute nightmare. www.onestopphoneshop.com have continually messed up and misinformed my order and I on far too many occasions.

I'm not usually one to complain if I'm getting a cheap(er) deal but these guys really have demonstrated a passion for getting it wrong. My initial order had to be returned six times (I became good friends with the courier!) because they kept getting the paperwork wrong or they didn't send the correct handset.

Once the correct order had been delivered, they problems didn't stop. It took them a further three weeks to activate the line - after days of to-and-fro-ing on the telephone. This was back in September. To this day, I haven't received a bill for my services. I've called them on a weekly basis to try and make a payment and keep getting the same answer from them, "Mr Merlin, there has been a problem with the activation of your line - your bill will be processed shortly."

Surprisingly, I've been using the line since the beginning of October and the actual Voda service is fantastic. I've even had use fo the free Mobile TV period. I'm now expecting a HUGE bill once they decided to get their act together and send me one.

Pah - now that I've had my rant, I'd like to throw the question to you all. Name all the comanies you've had good or bad experiences with.

:)

Guest sporkguy
' date='Feb 11 2006, 20:03' post='490']OSPS do have a bit of a reputation I have to say...

In general, online phone shops are good, the biggest problem I find is the networks' own websites, doing deals that put simply nobody else can match.

It's a very weird situation...

P

They stifle Orange Retail stores, especially our online direct talkplans.. nobody can match them, even with half price line rental and a ?50 buyback instore. But, then you have you to take into consideration the running costs.. websites are cheaper to run than shops.

Guest JulianW

It would have been nice if they could have been bothered to process my order at orange.co.uk - they rejected my first order with no explaination, rejected my second order with no explaination but told me they could do the order over the phone but wouldn't be able to give me the 25% discount for ordering accessiries at the same time and then rejected my third order they asked me to contact my bank as funds were not being released! On contacting my bank I find that Orange have not even requested money from my bank let alone rejected a request. Their customer service in my opinion was AWFUL and none of the phone monkeys was in anyway helpful, I even asked if I could speak to a supervisor as I really wanted to buy the phone from them but was told in straight words that no I couldn't speak to a supervisor. :)

I was trying to be a new customer so don't tell me that a new customer is dealt with any better that a current one. :D

Guest sporkguy

I wouldn't call them monkeys, but sometimes they can be rather patronising, even to Phone Trainers.

as an aside, has anyone else noticed the geordie call centre CSRs tend to be a bit harsher than the bristol-based ones? I visited the Business call centre in Solihul recently and they're a great team there.

anyway back to your issue Julian - have you considered a retail store? we have decent deals on too :)

Guest goldtop

I am now wary of on-line 'phone suppliers who promise cashback after Xmonths. Last year I bought a 'phone with ?50 cashback but when I sent in the required paperwork after 6 months I heard nothing at all from the company. they would not answer emails and their phones were answered with - leave your name and number and we will get back to you.

the service contract was with orange and eventually orange paid me the ?50 (credit on my account as I recall).

I now avoid such offers and am swamped with bluetooth headsets (which I cant use with my SPVM2000).

• 2 weeks later...
as an aside, has anyone else noticed the geordie call centre CSRs tend to be a bit harsher than the bristol-based ones?

OMG - How true is that!!! I think back fondly to the days when they were all in Bristol. I have to say the CSRs in Geordie Land aren't just harsher, but are also ruder and generally less accomodating. (Aren't they actually in Middlesborough?) I never ever ever actually seem to get the Bristolians any more and believe me I PHONE Customer Services A LOT!!!

BRISTOL CSR - :D

GEORDIE CSR - :)

Guest Jay3gsm

There are some good, reputable online dealers. All the dealers will have T's & C's that need to be respected when it comes to things like cashback but as long as you do you will get what you were promised. It's the dodgy dealers who don't pay up whatever the situation who give the whole industry a poor reputation, despite being a tiny minority of the overall market.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moroni
There are some good, reputable online dealers. All the dealers will have T's & C's that need to be respected when it comes to things like cashback but as long as you do you will get what you were promised. It's the dodgy dealers who don't pay up whatever the situation who give the whole industry a poor reputation, despite being a tiny minority of the overall market.

I think one thing to bear in mind with online, and back of the paper deals is that if smells just too good to be true then it may well be from a company that doesnt plan to be around in 6 months to deliver on their promises.

It also gets you thinking, how much flippin commission do the networks pay to these companies for connecting a customer if they can go around giving so much cash/ freebies back!!!!!!