Cingular 8125

Guest jcjdoss

Guest jcjdoss

Has anyone used this phone. I have a history with smartphones and a problem with each. My phones have included a

• MPx200 (Great start but lack key features that you could get in a regular phone)
  • MPx220 (Awesome look, flip is cool, lagged alot, volume sucked, no touch screen.)
  • Audiovox SMT5600 (Almost perfect, kepad entry was too slow for even apointments or contacts, no kind of high speed internet, still hate navigating with menus)

Just want to know everyone else experience.

Thanks

Has anyone used this phone. I have a history with smartphones and a problem with each. My phones have included a
  • MPx200 (Great start but lack key features that you could get in a regular phone)
  • MPx220 (Awesome look, flip is cool, lagged alot, volume sucked, no touch screen.)
  • Audiovox SMT5600 (Almost perfect, kepad entry was too slow for even apointments or contacts, no kind of high speed internet, still hate navigating with menus)

Thanks

Mine is here on Monday. If it is at all close to the PPC 6700 which it should be (HTC Apache) it is a great phone. Might be a little on the bulky side compared to the 220 and the 5600 (had both.) But the trade off of the touch screen and the increased functionality is worth the size in my opinion.

Depends on what you need. If you need more contact/calender management, on the fly note taking and like the ability to tinker with things a little more I would go with the 8125. If you are happy with the smaller form factor of the smrtphone I would look at the 2125. Esentially the Audio 5600 with WM 5.0.

Hope my 2 cents were worth 5.

Guest sweetboy02125
Mine is here on Monday. If it is at all close to the PPC 6700 which it should be (HTC Apache) it is a great phone. Might be a little on the bulky side compared to the 220 and the 5600 (had both.) But the trade off of the touch screen and the increased functionality is worth the size in my opinion.

Depends on what you need. If you need more contact/calender management, on the fly note taking and like the ability to tinker with things a little more I would go with the 8125. If you are happy with the smaller form factor of the smrtphone I would look at the 2125. Esentially the Audio 5600 with WM 5.0.

Hope my 2 cents were worth 5.

i got 5600 but i dun like it any more. it's bored now hihi. i wanna buy 8125, i like WIfi features. But i dun no how its work?. Im using wireless inernet at home with Verizon DSL. Can i suft internet on 8125 like laptops? Any 1 no this? Thanx

Guest KnightMare

Thanks

MPx200 : A little buggy. Stutters when shutting down. Battery life is abyssmal. Most Windows functions do work, although there have been reports of the phone not letting you answer an incoming call. (Happened to me a few times), or the screen just goes back to the homescreen on it's own. Highly hackable.

MPx220 : After patching it with the official Motorola 1.47 firmware, problems with it, have been pretty much taken care of. There was a guy on this site complaining that the phone would power off on its' own. I've never heard this complaint anyhwere else, so I'm assuming his phone has issues. Also highly hackable.

(Highly hackable = if you know how to work in the Windows/Smartphone registry - it's very, very customizable.)

My 2c.