Upgrade to Flext Web & Walk expensive!

Guest jamestrice

Guest jamestrice

Just tried to move from web & walk 200 to the new Flext 35 web & walk, the cost is expensive.

I took out an 18 month contract last 27 october at ? 38.00 per month.

The deal was 12 months half price line rental + ? 3.00 per month discount

for self billing / paying via direct debit /managing account online etc etc.

Months 1 - 9 ? 19.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 16.00 per month

Months 10 - 15 ? 38.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 35.00 per month

Months 15 - 18 ? 19.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 16.00 per month

Total Cost's ? 402.00 ( 12 x ? 16.00 = ? 192.00 + 6 x ? 35.00 = ? 210.00).

Amount to pay uptill end of contract ? 322.00..

Now the fun starts.

Called t-mobile today and tried to upgrade to Flext 35 web & walk (because they said flext 30 web & walk would

be a downgrade).

Informed the price would now be ? 42.50 a month with no discount, if I was stupid enough to switch it would

now mean me paying an extra ? 230.50 ( 13 x ? 42.50 ) = ? 552.50.

Suppose the only choice I have is to add the web & walk add on to my web & walk plan at ( 13 x ? 7.50 ) = ? 97.50

:)

Guest Swampie
Just tried to move from web & walk 200 to the new Flext 35 web & walk, the cost is expensive.

I took out an 18 month contract last 27 october at ? 38.00 per month.

Months 1 - 9 ? 19.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 16.00 per month

Months 10 - 15 ? 38.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 35.00 per month

Months 15 - 18 ? 19.00 - ? 3.00 = ? 16.00 per month

Total Cost's ? 402.00 ( 12 x ? 16.00 = ? 192.00 + 6 x ? 35.00 = ? 210.00).

Amount to pay uptill end of contract ? 322.00..

Now the fun starts.

Called t-mobile today and tried to upgrade to Flext 35 web & walk (because they said flext 30 web & walk would

be a downgrade).

Informed the price would now be ? 42.50 a month with no discount, if I was stupid enough to switch it would

now mean me paying an extra ? 230.50 ( 13 x ? 42.50 ) = ? 552.50.

Suppose the only choice I have is to add the web & walk add on to my web & walk plan at ( 13 x ? 7.50 ) = ? 97.50

:)

The terms and conditions of the half price for 12 month offer clearly stated (something like) "You may lose eligibility for the 50% discount if you move to another price plan, upgrade, or otherwise renew your contract". The 50% discount continued after month 18 if you never upgraded etc - if you upgraded, you lost it.

In this case, T-Mobile are just enforcing the conditions which were in place when the 50% offer was made.

The new 25% discount has less restrictive conditions as it truely is "for life" - it's now just "You may lose eligibility for the 25% discount if you move to another price plan."

Annoying, but to be honest - fair.

Guest Swampie
bit offtopic, but can you still get a ?4 discount on the "25% off for life" offer if you go online/directdebit?

What discount was that? I thought they just charged extra for non-Direct Debit (rather than discounting it more).

Guest rockykabir
What discount was that? I thought they just charged extra for non-Direct Debit (rather than discounting it more).

Sorry, I misread the original post:

What I meant to say was whether there was a ?3 discount for moving the "25% off" discounted tariffs to self-billing....or is it default to self billing anyway?

Guest Swampie
Sorry, I misread the original post:

What I meant to say was whether there was a ?3 discount for moving the "25% off" discounted tariffs to self-billing....or is it default to self billing anyway?

As I understand it, there is no self-serve option for these tariffs. In the past, it always defaulted to the self-serve option on their website (in fact, I couldn't find how NOT to have it self-serve!).

Now it makes no mention of self-serve, so I'm guessing that's not an option any more.

Guest fleabag

You don't get a discount for paying by DD, you are simply not charged an additional ?3 fee.

Self Service is being discontinued I believe. What you will find though is that if you call Customer Services they may be able to manually add the Self Service to your line (on an old price plan, but not Relax 2006 or Flext) - they may though obviously say it is not allowed (depending on how clued up they are). Note that the value of the SS discount is different on different price plans.