Orange Loyalty Promotion

Guest its_millertime22

Guest its_millertime22

Just received a text claiming to be from Orange (number reads 07800003213):

ORANGE LOYALTY PROMOTION TO CONTRACT CUSTOMERS.Receive 60 inclusive minutes for 12p or 10% off your line rental FOR LIFE. ReplyOKand POSTCODEto qualify.

Very weirdly formatted - anyone else get it, and is it genuine??

Guest pd.ryder

It looks like more phishing to me. Anything I've received from O themselves is always heavily branded with logo's and often a clever multi-paged MMS rather than a simple text. That's not an Orange number either. Again, as far as I know, anything from OCS is prefixed 079....

Guest dr who

Hi Millertime.

I got something very similar to this recently and the general concesus is that it isn't genuine. Sort of. Orange themselves will never text you an offer like this - it would always be done by post to your account address. This is provided by a third party vendor. However the sting is that with your postcode they can renew your contract, in other words yes they can offer what is suggested but you will then be tied to Orange for another 12 or 18 months.

If you are looking for offers like this check out T-Mobile on the web. Far better tariffs and 25% off for life if you sign up before a certain date.

Guest its_millertime22
Hi Millertime.

I got something very similar to this recently and the general concesus is that it isn't genuine. Sort of. Orange themselves will never text you an offer like this - it would always be done by post to your account address. This is provided by a third party vendor. However the sting is that with your postcode they can renew your contract, in other words yes they can offer what is suggested but you will then be tied to Orange for another 12 or 18 months.

If you are looking for offers like this check out T-Mobile on the web. Far better tariffs and 25% off for life if you sign up before a certain date.

yeah well I'm only 1 month into my 12 month contract on Orange so there's not much they can do there...

And there's not much I can do about moving to t-mob

Guest sporkguy
It looks like more phishing to me. Anything I've received from O themselves is always heavily branded with logo's and often a clever multi-paged MMS rather than a simple text. That's not an Orange number either. Again, as far as I know, anything from OCS is prefixed 079....

the prefix for all Orange internal promotions, connections etc is 07973 100 xxx - so no, this definitely isn't from the Big O.

Beware of scams like these - they basically have a computer texting all numbers which are on the Orange range of numbers, e.g. 07989 07875 07973 etc -- and all they need is a number and a postcode to renew your account!

Caveat Emptor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottusspez

hey sporkguy, you seem to be the guy who knows his thing about the big O so I just wanted to ask.. (I hope I havent gotten confused here) but could someone then technically renew your contract, only by using your phone number and postcode??? Im confused! :)

Guest sporkguy
hey sporkguy, you seem to be the guy who knows his thing about the big O so I just wanted to ask.. (I hope I havent gotten confused here) but could someone then technically renew your contract, only by using your phone number and postcode??? Im confused! :)

From my experience, yes, that is correct.

I've had nice long argu.. I mean conversations with these dealers after getting their number from OCS and they're the scum of the earth.

Worst offender seems to be docklands telecom. Followed by some dodgy company in Brum who's name I forget.

If you ARE going to renew with Orange, I'd seriously suggest finding a phone trainer in retail who knows their stuff.

Guest petencl
Worst offender seems to be docklands telecom.

Grr, Docklands Telecom are the scum of the earth. Rang me and the missus weekly (sometimes more often than that) as we were approaching the end of our Orange contracts. You would've thought they'd stop after the first ear bashing they got from me, but no.

What's worse is that the language they use implies they're calling from Orange and offering a "really good deal", which is more often than not, shite.

Guest scottusspez
If you ARE going to renew with Orange, I'd seriously suggest finding a phone trainer in retail who knows their stuff.

Renew with Orange? :)

lol

you really think orange would start a loyalty scheme with the way they have been acting in the past year and a half?

if they did - I think each person there would have a serious health issue if they did this.... :)

Guest stu_ie_uk
Grr, Docklands Telecom are the scum of the earth. Rang me and the missus weekly (sometimes more often than that) as we were approaching the end of our Orange contracts. You would've thought they'd stop after the first ear bashing they got from me, but no.

What's worse is that the language they use implies they're calling from Orange and offering a "really good deal", which is more often than not, shite.

If you want to deal with Docklands Telecom in one easy step, register with TPS! It's free and you can find it here http://mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

It becomes effective after 28 days, and if they still call you, you can report them and they'll get fined!

Guest sporkguy
If you want to deal with Docklands Telecom in one easy step, register with TPS! It's free and you can find it here http://mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

It becomes effective after 28 days, and if they still call you, you can report them and they'll get fined!

Ah thats some cracking advice! Thanks a lot :)