Leaving Orange for T-mobile with a C550

Guest toon9

Guest dr who

Excellent - seems likely that I will be moving me and the missus to TMob shortly and be nice to know we have a backup phone. Had you unlocked it using any of the methods reported on Modaco, in a shop or not at all?

Guest toon9
Excellent - seems likely that I will be moving me and the missus to TMob shortly and be nice to know we have a backup phone. Had you unlocked it using any of the methods reported on Modaco, in a shop or not at all?

Dr ? - I successfully de-cert'd and sim-unlocked the C550 using the SPV developers tool "SPV-Services" and the registry editing tool for the edits as described >>> HERE <<<

I have succesfully sent and received calls, sent and received SMS messages and received MMS.

Contrary to my earlier post - sending MMS messages seems to be a little tempramental.

Sometimes it works, sometimes there is a lengthy delay - sometimes nothing.

If a pattern develops that I can understand I'll post back.

Not really big on MMS to be honest though - so I am reasonably happy at what I've got thus far.

Furthermore - connecting via GPRS seems to be stable enough - and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary on my T-Mobile bill yet.

Would appreciate any feedbck from anyone that may well know if the unlimited WnW would be affected by not using the "contracted" handset. Surely it is dynamically linked to the SIM card not the hardware ?

Stand to be corrected.

guess what? I got my MDA Vario today after cancelling my contract with orange, and cancelling direct debit bcos the bill i recieved today was a joke!

loving my vario

Guest confucious

@toon9 - W'n'W is linked to the SIM, I'm using mine in my O2 Exec and have unlimited 3G which is great as my broadband has been out for over a week (that will teach me for changing to Tiscali!)

Why did you get the settings from T-mob rather than the sticky thread in this forum - have you tried both ip addresses for MMS?

I tried your links and get "forbidden" which seems a bit strange.

Good luck.

Guest mwright
guess what? I got my MDA Vario today after cancelling my contract with orange, and cancelling direct debit bcos the bill i recieved today was a joke!

I presume you were "out of contract" and did not have to buy yourself out? Or did you manage to persuade Orange to release you early?

Guest toon9
Why did you get the settings from T-mob rather than the sticky thread in this forum - have you tried both ip addresses for MMS?

Cheers confucious.

I had looked at the T-Mobile settings here at Mobiholics first to be honest.

When I stumbled across the SDA II manual I just thoguht it may be of use to others, as it offers a work through method of altering the settings.

Have just altered IP adress. Will post back on which proves most successful.