T-Mobile Web'n'Walk pro - Finally launched

Guest nforsans

Guest nforsans

Matrix Chrome MRU.jpgMany talked here about the pro version of TMobile's web'n'walk, based on rumours.

At last TMobile's website has been updated to include details of their offering.

From T-Mobile's website:

Connect your laptop to the internet via our 3G network.

Check our 3G availability

Web ?n? walk professional makes surfing the internet on your laptop simple and easy. Just put the web ?n? walk card in your laptop and away you go. And it's great value.

Download and send large files and emails quickly

Fast download and upload speeds

No data download limits*

Plus, you get a FREE WiFi HotSpot pass** for 12 months.

See HotSpot locations

Choose between a 12 or 18 month contract...

Contract Cost of card Monthly

Web ?n? walk professional 12 month Cost of card: ?58.75 line rental per month: ?19.99

Web ?n? walk professional 18 month Free and line rental: ?19.99

Web address: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...enPricePlan=pmt

Guest nforsans
Many talked here about the pro version of TMobile's web'n'walk, based on rumours.

At last TMobile's website has been updated to include details of their offering.

From T-Mobile's website:

Connect your laptop to the internet via our 3G network.

Check our 3G availability

Web ?n? walk professional makes surfing the internet on your laptop simple and easy. Just put the web ?n? walk card in your laptop and away you go. And it's great value.

Download and send large files and emails quickly

Fast download and upload speeds

No data download limits*

Plus, you get a FREE WiFi HotSpot pass** for 12 months.

See HotSpot locations

Choose between a 12 or 18 month contract...

Contract Cost of card Monthly

Web ?n? walk professional 12 month Cost of card: ?58.75 line rental per month: ?19.99

Web ?n? walk professional 18 month Free and line rental: ?19.99

Web address: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...enPricePlan=pmt

Here's the small print, still from the TMobile's website:

Web ?n? Walk Professional is subject to a minimum term contract and credit check. Compatible handset or device required. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, a fair use policy applies. T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month. T-Mobile may contact customers who exceed this volume of data in two (or more) consecutive months in any six month period to ask them to reduce their usage. If usage is not reduced, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission. Use of Voice over Internet Protocol and Messaging over Internet Protocol is prohibited by T-Mobile. If use of either or both of these services is detected T-Mobile may terminate all contracts with the customer and disconnect any SIM cards and/or web ?n? walk cards from the T-Mobile network.

The Hotspot pass must be activated within 12 months of purchase, valid for 12 months from activation. For use on the T-Mobile network using T-Mobile HotSpots in the UK. Subject to HotSpot terms and conditions, see Hotspot home page available from any T-Mobile Hotspot. Keep your password and username safe, T-Mobile will not be able to re-issue or remind you of these details. Voucher is non-transferable, not for resale.

Guest pd.ryder

Would that bit about "exclusions" and "Messaging over Internet Protocol" mean not being able to use MSN Messenger as built into every HTC device since the E100 (never had the original so dunno about that one :) ) That would be a nuisance to me as I guess it's in the non-pro tariff too?

Ok so that explains it.. its actually a 'mainly' 3G data plan for use with a data card. I imagine its their answer to the vodafone corporate data plans. The price of ?19.99 makes it usable for just that - not really worth it as an addon to your voice plan because you can only use voice or data easily, not both.

I guess the WiFi pass is a bit of a bonus, but their coverage is realllly reallly bad. You're better off paying as you go the few times you will be in a WiFi area where u can use it.

Guest dr who

That is still a great price compared to their competitors - I think Voda is something like 100Mb for ?60 a month!!!!!!

At last, an operator who realised that since they have paid billions of pounds in licences and infrastructure they might as well use it!

Guest Shuflie

There's a bit missing about the pricing on that page (which seems to be a data only tarrif page), if you go in through the business page you can see it below the pricing box for the data only tarrif box.

Or you can add web ?n? walk professional to a voice price plan for just ?8.50 (excluding VAT) per month

Guest petencl
There's a bit missing about the pricing on that page (which seems to be a data only tarrif page), if you go in through the business page you can see it below the pricing box for the data only tarrif box.

Woohoo! Just added WnW Pro through customer services! Now to spend all day browsing :)

Guest Shuflie
Woohoo! Just added WnW Pro through customer services! Now to spend all day browsing :)

Did you add to your voice plan, and if so does it still come with the free hotspot voucher? Rang up this morning to see about changing from normal web'n'walk to web'n'walk pro but was told that I'd loose my 25% discount which comes to ?10 a month as it stands. I figured I might as well stay with what I have, since I probably wouldn't be using the hotspots enough to make up for it (if you still get them for free by adding to an existing voice plan that is).

Guest petencl
Did you add to your voice plan, and if so does it still come with the free hotspot voucher? Rang up this morning to see about changing from normal web'n'walk to web'n'walk pro but was told that I'd loose my 25% discount which comes to ?10 a month as it stands. I figured I might as well stay with what I have, since I probably wouldn't be using the hotspots enough to make up for it (if you still get them for free by adding to an existing voice plan that is).

Nothing about the hotspot voucher, although I get the impression you only get that with the data card package. Just added it to a regular Flext voice plan.

That is still a great price compared to their competitors - I think Voda is something like 100Mb for ?60 a month!!!!!!

At last, an operator who realised that since they have paid billions of pounds in licences and infrastructure they might as well use it!

I didn't say it wasn't a great price for what it is, I just didn't understand how they were going to sustain a bunch of these on their GPRS network. However it begins to make sense if its a data 'only' plan with a 3g card - it'll use 3G which can sustain alot of users with high bandwidth. The 'upto 6 times faster' we've been hearing also makes sense if they're refering to 3g only, since 6 extra timeslots on GPRS would saturate the frequency.

This is by far the cheapest consumer/off the street business data package. Vodafone offer something similar if you're corporate, but not to normal users.

It looks to me like a very clever way to 'announce' t-mobile have 3g!

Nothing about the hotspot voucher, although I get the impression you only get that with the data card package. Just added it to a regular Flext voice plan.

Was it ?10 to add it? Do all the same conditions apply to GPRS as well i.e. can you stream and use a laptop etc using GPRS too?

Guest petencl
Was it ?10 to add it? Do all the same conditions apply to GPRS as well i.e. can you stream and use a laptop etc using GPRS too?

Yep ?10/month to add (inc vat). The CSA guy didn't mention GPRS conditions, he didn't seem to know much about it at all - he just saw the option was on the computer and did I want to add it!

Guest ndryer

looks like you can only have the ?10 add-on if you have a business account. it's not available for normal personal contracts. Doh

must say the T-Mobile CS Seems good, they gave me a callback because they could not get throgh to another deptartment

Guest shenson
looks like you can only have the ?10 add-on if you have a business account. it's not available for normal personal contracts.

First time I've heard that restriction, maybe CS is confused since its so new. Would be silly at them not using the opportunity to get ?2.50 extra off consumers that wanted it.

Guest petencl
looks like you can only have the ?10 add-on if you have a business account. it's not available for normal personal contracts. Doh

must say the T-Mobile CS Seems good, they gave me a callback because they could not get throgh to another deptartment

Erm, I don't have a business account and had it added on no bother at all!

Guest ndryer

guess i'm going to have to call them again, the CS person I spoke to said it wasn't even showing as an addon for my account. I wonder if I need to wait until my next bill day before the new option becomes available?

hopefully I will get someone better informed next time I call CS.