Nokia N80 and N91 available in UK

Guest dr who

Guest spidermunky

Does anyone have one of these handsets from orange yet? If so, could you please tell me if they've put their rancid home screen on them and if it can be removed.

I heard a while back that they were going to make it an option instead of forcing it on customers.

Thanks,

Greg

Guest dr who

Good point - the N70 on Orange was atrocious. Never used one on a different operator but it was suggested it was so poor due to the Orange firmware. I believe O2 ar*e about with their handsets less. Like you I have read that due to the overwhelming hatred of the Orange firmware on the N70 Orange were planning to make it optional on newer handsets.

Yeah as dr who mentioned im with Carphone Warehouse, i've recently sorted a phone out for the one and only sporky (hope its all ok dude!) so im not just a random dodgy guy selling phones.

If anyones interested, I can do some decent deals with them - feel free to check what I can offer before you purchase and we should be able to sort something out :)

Guest sporkguy
Yeah as dr who mentioned im with Carphone Warehouse, i've recently sorted a phone out for the one and only sporky (hope its all ok dude!) so im not just a random dodgy guy selling phones.

If anyones interested, I can do some decent deals with them - feel free to check what I can offer before you purchase and we should be able to sort something out :)

Well the phone arrived on Friday, my gf loves it - but I'm still yet to get the Sim mate. When did you send it out?

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

I liked the symbian O/S, but no-one here has mentioned the number of virususes that are available for it, in a few months my friend with an N70 has gone from a list of approx. 20 to pages and pages of them.

I might add he's on Orange with it and has flashed the ROM back to basic symbian and is much happier, apart from the cost of doing it, I'll keep my trusty MPx200 with WM2003 on it a while longer. :)

Guest spidermunky
Hi,

I liked the symbian O/S, but no-one here has mentioned the number of virususes that are available for it, in a few months my friend with an N70 has gone from a list of approx. 20 to pages and pages of them.

I might add he's on Orange with it and has flashed the ROM back to basic symbian and is much happier, apart from the cost of doing it, I'll keep my trusty MPx200 with WM2003 on it a while longer. :)

Viruses are only really an issue if you're careless with what you install. S60 3rd edition also makes this even harder as much of the software has to be signed.

Guest J273

Im looking to get an n80 or n91 have u got any good deals going with any of these 2 handsets fella?

Thanks

Guest spidermunky

Right, I give up. I'm officially a gadget addict. Spoke to Orange Customer retentions and they told me they'll call me when they get some N80s in. Two hours later I find myself on the Orange.co.uk website ordering one right off there! What do you guys reckon I should do?

I'm going to see which one I can get first then see about cancelling the other. Anyone else have any better ideas?

Cheers!

Greg

PS. Are there any support groups for people who need the latest technology? ;-)

Guest sporkguy

I echo this request... I could do with some help myself!

At the moment the only solution is to buy the latest stuff when we need it lol.

God.. I need another well paying job to feed this addiction :)

Guest jchamier

www.mobiholics.net ?

Paul's the guru ;-)