"T-Mobile Web-N-Walk Pro 3G Fusion card, Communication Centre and Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2"

Guest loki_f

Guest loki_f

So I got my T-Mobile Web-N-Walk pro 3G fusion (GSM/GPRS/UMTS/HSPDA/WiFi) card this weekend and I must say for the most part I am impressed.

The Good:-

The card itself supports HSPDA, and will have improved data rates as of this summer.

The hotspot wifi access works a treat, I logged in with my voucher and saw my time ticking down from 365 days!

It didn't cost me a penny, even on a 12 month contract.

The Bad:-

It doesn't tell you how to stop the card from roaming on 3rd Party Wifi Networks and incurring charges.

The Hotspot Locator is well and truly out of date.

The Ugly:-

It Communication Centre software refuses to work with Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 forcing me to downgrade back to 6.

Given the software is beta I guess they are not required to fix it yet, although customer care were trying their best to get them to play together. If anyone knows how to make it work with IE7, let me know!

For ?20 a month it is a really good deal the closest being ?45 from Vodafone and more than ?60 from Orange and O2.

Guest dr who

Hey Loki,

does this come with the hardware as well or is it SIM only? If it is bundled with the hardware do you know the price for SIM only - I have a Voda 3G PCMCIA card that I would like to use this service with.

Guest loki_f
Hey Loki,

does this come with the hardware as well or is it SIM only? If it is bundled with the hardware do you know the price for SIM only - I have a Voda 3G PCMCIA card that I would like to use this service with.

I got mine with the hardware... I would imagine SIM only would be the same price.

Guest shenson

One route would be via the "SIM only tariff" which gives 50 cross network mins for ?7.50 a month then if they'll let you add Web'n'walk pro that would be ?8.50 + VAT on top.

That's not much cheaper than the deal with the card though and wouldn't include the hotspot pass.