"Orange terminating M5000, M2000 and M1500"

Guest ayhansan

Guest ayhansan

I have been told by Orange UK 150 that they are not restocking on the M5000, M2000 and M1500. Deos this mean the end of the range for large (3.5in) screen PDA phones on Orange?

Can anyone confirm this?

Guest sporkguy

Can't confirm it - but a lot of people have been saying that OCS has been telling them this.

Two of my best mates still work for the Orange Shop I used to work for, so I'll ask them about it tonight.

Guest motty

wellll...we aint gettin m5000 and 1500 back in for deffo...theres something holding the 600 back but i have no idea what, only spv we stock at the mo is the c600 an no one wants it, no wifi! grrrrr

Guest sporkguy

I had a nice gander at the cage today and there's quite a few N80s and 6280s tho.. you don't seem to be selling much of anything at the moment mate!

weird to see the M5000 disappear so early in its life.. unless Orange have the Hermes hidden up their sleeve to replace it? o_O

Guest motty

ha i wish sporky...the n80 is too darn expensive...band 5 ?50 :) mid tier new connection ?150!

what are all the spv lovers gonna do, get a c600 lol!

Guest sporkguy
ha i wish sporky...the n80 is too darn expensive...band 5 ?50 :D mid tier new connection ?150!

what are all the spv lovers gonna do, get a c600 lol!

Well you've got the C700 and M3100 coming soon now mate :)

Guest mstar

i cannot understand this i wanted a M5000 is it true this is gone? and we only have the m600 as a WM 5 phone/pda???? i cannot believe orange will lose out on the market by not offering a replacment for the M5000 anyone shed some light on this?????????

Guest moroni
i cannot understand this i wanted a M5000 is it true this is gone? and we only have the m600 as a WM 5 phone/pda???? i cannot believe orange will lose out on the market by not offering a replacment for the M5000 anyone shed some light on this?????????

well having just had a real long chat with my new favourite lady at orange i have just been offered a M5000 as an upgrade, she seemed pretty confident that they wouldnt be going out of stock any time soon!

Guest mstar

i rang orange and i was told its not currently discontinued they have had supply problems and cannot meet demand. i ordered one today :)

• 1 month later...
Guest pendragon_

I got a M5000 on upgrade from retentions, last week. They or CS didn't say anytthing about the the PDA range being discontinued. My local Orange shop did say that they were having problems getting stock but directed me to retentions as they could give me better upgrade deal.

Guest pookiecheeks

hello all,

..oh sod that, i was hoping to upgrade to a m5000 from my m2000... looks like i won't be doing so now ? so what is better than the m5000 nowadays ?

pooks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest confucious
hello all,

..oh sod that, i was hoping to upgrade to a m5000 from my m2000... looks like i won't be doing so now ? so what is better than the m5000 nowadays ?

pooks

Nothing :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ayhansan

Thanks for all the posting. Obviously OCS has been providing the M5000 to their preferred customers....

Finally accepted an M600 from OCS. They have great timing though- keep you waiting for months and when they have it in stock, it's already an outdated model! I'll give the M3100 a miss for 12 months. :)

Guest confucious
Thanks for all the posting. Obviously OCS has been providing the M5000 to their preferred customers....

Finally accepted an M600 from OCS. They have great timing though- keep you waiting for months and when they have it in stock, it's already an outdated model! I'll give the M3100 a miss for 12 months. :)

Why give the M3100 a miss? It's a great phone by all accounts.

But if your with O then you're best off without 3G/HDSPA as the data prices are crippling (unless you win the O lotto!)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ayhansan
Why give the M3100 a miss? It's a great phone by all accounts.

But if your with O then you're best off without 3G/HDSPA as the data prices are crippling (unless you win the O lotto!)

M3100 price was prohibitive.