Moving a orange Contrat to PAYG

Guest the_flames

Guest the_flames

I'm currently moving a orange Contact to orange PAYG

I started by calling up orange up on the 10th may ...

problem 1 ... they said my Contract wasn't up yet ... I had tryied another phone through then, but this was returned and my old contract& phone was restored. This was happily fixed in a 10 min wait.

then i was told a new PAYG sim would be sent to me within 25 days ... I turned up up after 27 days .. almost on time.

problem 2 ... called the number to get my account transferred at 11:00 pm and i found the once 24 hour service is now open until 9:45 pm, called the next day waited for 10 mins for a human to become available. after answering all the questions to get the new sim active they said the payg sim would be active after 4 or 8 hours...

problem 3 .... it's now 20 hours since that call and I don't have a funtional sim, called on a land line to speak to customer services ... got told it could be upto 24 hours for the change to be active ....

anyone else had there contract converted to payg and had a wait like I'm having ???

Guest confucious

Welcome to the forum!

It doesn't suprise me, most people seem to be leaving Orange beause their service has got so bad.

One guy defended Orange saying at least their CS was open 24hours which T's isn't......

Guest sporkguy

errr... you mis-heard the person I'm afraid - NT3 (Contract > PAYG, and vice versa) transfers take upto 48hrs not 4 to 8! lol

It takes this long because it has to be done manually by the NT3 team, and apparently there's not a lot of them about these days.

Took mine 36 hrs last month to go from an internal employee account to payg - so we're all in the same boat :)

Guest m1.carson

I paid five times the going rate for a PAYG sim in an O shop [ ?5-00 ] and it was done whilst I waited, about half an hour ! !, a well spent fiver for half an hour at his rates of pay.

Max.