Cant send SMSes

Guest J273

Ive just realised that I can't send any SMSes through my orange sim it was working fine the other day it seems as though the Sim has lost the settings.

Ive tried the sim in about 4 phones and theres no option in any of the menus to send an sms only an inbox.

I can recieve them ok but can't send them...I've only noticed this since selling my jamin and putting the sim in my other backup phones.

Ive tried a SE t300, T39 and a siemens sl45 as i get the same problem with all phones it must be a sim problem.....Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is or where i can get the settings?

Thanks

Jamie

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

The only setting you need for SMS is the message centre number, +447973100973 iirc. If that doesn't work its a duffor deactivated sim...

• 4 weeks later...
The only setting you need for SMS is the message centre number, +447973100973 iirc. If that doesn't work its a duffor deactivated sim...

Not entirely true. You need the message centre number but if the wrote message or outbox option is actually missing from the message menu then you will need to ring for a message update. ( OMU )