Missing Broadband!

Guest deanpall

Guest deanpall

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I need the help of someone in the know. I've recently moved into a rented house and it is not practical or cost effective to get a BT landline and broadband installed. I've been using a T-Mobile PAYG sim in my MDA Compact II and hooking this up to my laptop to get online. The problem is that this is costing ?1.00 per day and its painfully slow. Anyone got an idea for a cheap way of getting online with a quicker connection? I've checked the T-Mobile website and if the information on it is accurate, it looks like my postcode (PE9 2GJ) is not covered by 3G. Looks like 3's network does covers this area but they don't offer an all you can eat for a fee service so going with them would be expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Guest richard_d
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I need the help of someone in the know. I've recently moved into a rented house and it is not practical or cost effective to get a BT landline and broadband installed. I've been using a T-Mobile PAYG sim in my MDA Compact II and hooking this up to my laptop to get online. The problem is that this is costing ?1.00 per day and its painfully slow. Anyone got an idea for a cheap way of getting online with a quicker connection? I've checked the T-Mobile website and if the information on it is accurate, it looks like my postcode (PE9 2GJ) is not covered by 3G. Looks like 3's network does covers this area but they don't offer an all you can eat for a fee service so going with them would be expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Might be worth trying a 3G phone, if you can borrow one from a friend, to see if you get T-Mobile 3G - the maps aren't that accurate.

Richard

Note that some older 3G handsets wont work with T-mobile SIMs. So be careful if you intend to get a cheap 3G handset off ebay... Some older motorola (A835 for example) and NEC handsets have problems. I found this out the hard way :)

I would suggest getting blueyonder broadband (if its in your area) on the lowest but highest connection speed - something like half a meg for 15 quid a month - well worth it for your situation :)