Oldish Tmob sim + web & walk

Guest J273

Ive got an old tmobile sim.....Is it possible to add web and walk to any t mobile sim?......If so how would i go about doing this if possible?

Also with it being a 2g payg sim....is HSPDA available on Payg?

Thanks

Jamie

Guest confucious

How old is the SIM? I believe W'n'W can be added to most but if the SIM is old probably only GPRS not 3G

If it's 2 G only how can you add HSDPA which is an enhancement to 3G? I believe any 3G USIM can use HSDPA provided the handset/Data card has the necessary hardware.

How old is the SIM? I believe W'n'W can be added to most but if the SIM is old probably only GPRS not 3G

If it's 2 G only how can you add HSDPA which is an enhancement to 3G? I believe any 3G USIM can use HSDPA provided the handset/Data card has the necessary hardware.

Only about 9 months old.....

Im on the everyone tariff .....IS web and walk already activated once the sims registered do you know?

Also are T-mob PAYG 3g sims available?

Thanks

Guest confucious
Only about 9 months old.....

Im on the everyone tariff .....IS web and walk already activated once the sims registered do you know?

Also are T-mob PAYG 3g sims available?

Thanks

All SIMS from t-mob in the past year or so are 3G enabled or so I believe

Guest confucious
Just did seems its on 3g....didnt realise that

Thanks alot confucious

No probs - what phone are you using it in? PAYG data is capped at ?1/ day i believe but if you're using it every day that's still a lot more expensive than contract

No probs - what phone are you using it in? PAYG data is capped at ?1/ day i believe but if you're using it every day that's still a lot more expensive than contract

Im using it with a treo 750v .....but its gotta be better than oranges ?3 per mb :)

Guest Swampie
Im using it with a treo 750v .....but its gotta be better than oranges ?3 per mb :)

Nope - not necessarily better.

?3 per MB spread over a month vs ?1 per day max. Depending on your usage, you could use 150kb per day, pay ?1 per day (therefore ?30 per month). Whereas that 150kb per day on Orange would have totalled 4.5MB, which would have cost ?13.50.

Also Orange do a daily unlimited (non 3G) data bundle for ?1 per day (until midnight on the day you request it). Non-recurring, just activate it when you need it.

Guest confucious
Nope - not necessarily better.

?3 per MB spread over a month vs ?1 per day max. Depending on your usage, you could use 150kb per day, pay ?1 per day (therefore ?30 per month). Whereas that 150kb per day on Orange would have totalled 4.5MB, which would have cost ?13.50.

Also Orange do a daily unlimited (non 3G) data bundle for ?1 per day (until midnight on the day you request it). Non-recurring, just activate it when you need it.

T-mobs is ?1/day max - I#ve forgotten how much per meg it is but you only pay for what you use up to ?1 worth so you pay nothing if you don't use it - and unlike Orange you don't have to request it so it's all automatic.

Are you sure orange is non 3G only? T-Mob is 3G or GPRS and I though Orange was the same.

Guest christopherw

I like how figures of ?14/mo, ?30/mo are thrown about like small change - to me, paying anything more than ?10 a month for data is RIDICULOUS, it's a proper pisstake. ?2.30/mb on O2 (who I was last held captiive by)? What a joke. Orange's charges are even worse, ugh.

T-Mobile are the only reasonable network when it comes to data tariffs, and for that they have a thousand thanks from me (and valuable word of mouth advertising), they're not stupid. I've seen people move from their previous networks solely because of their sensibly-priced data packages, which means so long as they keep their punters happy with fixed-price data, it's easier budgeting for people like students (like me!) or those who don't have big wads of cash to spend on occasional data use. And so, in turn, it's a lower churn rate for them when contract renewals come up (I intend on staying with them so long as they don't balls up their packages or royally dick me about like O2 did). This in turn increases advertising revenue for them from their associates and lets them ask for more because they know that they have a (somewhat) loyal userbase. I think I could even tolerate a slight price increase on the existing charges because even if the price of WnW and/or the tariffs did go up, they're still the best thing out there. They've found a nice balance, and I can see it making good business sense for them too (hell, they wouldn't have done it otherwise).

I reall am hopeful that within the next 12-18 months, the amount of users who 'get' mobile, fixed-rate data access on their devices reaches critical mass, and hopefully with 3's similar deals and their new X-Series with the SlingPlayer bundled, eventually consumers will realise a good thing and give TMob and 3 even more customers... And give the fustier networks (O2 and Orange in particular) a good kick up the arse and push them to deliver better value for money on their data access, which directly contrasts with what they're doing at the moment (raping the bank accounts of those customers who like a bit of data access along with their voice and SMS). Outdated business models still seem to abound in this country, it's as much a cartel as I've ever seen (mutually-assured destruction springs to mind), I admire T-Mobile for braving the waters and trying something new out.

Guest Swampie
T-mobs is ?1/day max - I#ve forgotten how much per meg it is but you only pay for what you use up to ?1 worth so you pay nothing if you don't use it - and unlike Orange you don't have to request it so it's all automatic.

Are you sure orange is non 3G only? T-Mob is 3G or GPRS and I though Orange was the same.

Yes - ?1 per day and you don't pay anything if you don't use it. However, when I worked out the amount of data required to hit the ?1 limit, it was about 133kb. Doesn't take much to download that (checking emails a few times, few webpages - My Ebay is 250+kb without images!). So, if your usage pattern is such that you use 133kb every day, then you'll be paying ?1 each day, which works out at ?30 per month.

However, the same 133kb per day for a month data usage on Orange (without any data bundles) would be ?14.

It's all down to your usage pattern. If you're on T-Mobile PAYG and use at least 133kb per day, every day, then go onto a contract - it'll probably be cheaper!

And yes - Orange's ?1 per day unlimited GPRS (note GPRS) bundle which is added manually and lasts until midnight (it then turns into a pumpkin) is 2G only. It cannot be enabled on a 3G PAYG SIM and is explicitly excluded in their terms and conditions for the service. http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/pay...erms.html#link3

They did a short promo for 3G, but only for a couple of months and ended in August.